Watzup Neutral Newbie January 13, 2002 Share January 13, 2002 what is carnuba wax? different from "normal" wax meh? ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Turbobrick Neutral Newbie January 13, 2002 Share January 13, 2002 What is Carnuaba? (From Autopia Carcare Online) Carnauba is a vegetable fat obtained from the leaves of a Brazilian palm tree called the Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
DoctorDrake Neutral Newbie January 21, 2002 Share January 21, 2002 Turbobrick already responded with explanation of carnauba wax. Some car owners prefer to use high-end pure carnauba or carnuaba-based waxes because they say that the shine (after a few layers) has more depth and lustre than those from synthetic waxes. Other swear by the synthetic waxes. The difference is most likely in the different light refractive properties of carnauba and synthetics. I personally prefer to use carnauba. In my case I use Blitz paste wax from One Grand. This is not available in Singapore so I import from the U.S. Meguiars also makes a carnuaba-based liquid wax. Should be OK. Mothers is also good. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Turbobrick Neutral Newbie January 21, 2002 Share January 21, 2002 Doc, U using Blitz wax? How issit? I was itching to import it in with my Klasse last time round but didn't as it was kinda costly and I tot I'll be satisfied with Klasse's shine as my brick is light colored. Now finished Klasse layers, itching to add some Carb to increase depth of shine Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
DoctorDrake Neutral Newbie January 21, 2002 Share January 21, 2002 I have been a satisfied user of One Grand's Blitz wax for many years. It may be expensive, but one can of wax lasts a long time. I've been using mine for 3 years and it's still about half full. (Shows you how lazy I've been with my previous car! ) And yes, it looks best on dark coloured cars (which mine is), but it's probably worth trying on your brick. I prep the surface for each layer with One Grand Omega Glaze. I think that the depth and lustre of the shine given by Blitz wax beats synthetics. But as I said its a personal thing. Some users of Blitz claim almost magical properties for the wax (though I doubt that it will grow hair on your chest or be a substitute for Viagra) I read on the One Grand web site about one of their customers who has applied 12 layers of Blitz to his truck!! Doc, U using Blitz wax? How issit? I was itching to import it in with my Klasse last time round but didn't as it was kinda costly and I tot I'll be satisfied with Klasse's shine as my brick is light colored. Now finished Klasse layers, itching to add some Carb to increase depth of shine Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Turbobrick Neutral Newbie January 22, 2002 Share January 22, 2002 Now I'm really itching for Blitz!!! Time to plan my next US shopping list Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
DoctorDrake Neutral Newbie January 23, 2002 Share January 23, 2002 Why don't you use mine first? I have two cans (one still unused) and therefore plenty to spare for you to try. If you like it and other car owners are interested we can pool together for a small bulk purchase. Saves on shipping. If you can find a place with water and power (for the buffer) then I'm more than happy to spend an afternoon with you, each doing our own cars! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
DoctorDrake Neutral Newbie January 23, 2002 Share January 23, 2002 (edited) Blitz paste wax is 100% pure No 1 grade Carnuaba. That's why its so expensive (about S$35 a can). It's also handmade by the family that owns and runs the One Grand company in the U.S. What is Carnuaba? (From Autopia Carcare Online) Being a natural plant by-product that does not react with paint, Carnauba provides a very hard barrier over your car's surface to protect against airborne contaminants such as acid rain, bugs, tar, road grime, salt, and bird droppings. Carnauba also dramatically reduces paint oxidation by diffusing (refracting) UV and infrared radiation from the sun. Typical Carnauba waxes contain 3 to 5% Carnauba wax (not necessarily Brazilian No. 1 Carnauba) by volume. The greater the concentration of Carnauba the greater the level of protection and the higher the level of shine. Edited January 23, 2002 by DoctorDrake Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
DoctorDrake Neutral Newbie January 23, 2002 Share January 23, 2002 Acutally hor, some detailing pros in the U.S. use a synthetic first and then layer on the carnuaba. You're in a great position to try it out! So, feeling even more itchy now? Doc, U using Blitz wax? How issit? I was itching to import it in with my Klasse last time round but didn't as it was kinda costly and I tot I'll be satisfied with Klasse's shine as my brick is light colored. Now finished Klasse layers, itching to add some Carb to increase depth of shine ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
Mothers Carnuba Cleaner Wax help
Mothers Carnuba Cleaner Wax help