Guide on buying from PI

See_eff

Neutral Newbie

Hi, i am thinking of getting a Suzuki Swift Sport from a PI as the price offered by Champion Motor is unattractive, however the interest rate is only 2.58. Have been asking around and found the price from Fabulous Automobile at ubi and Car MOTOR Enterprise (Commonwealth/ubi) good. Is this two PI reliable?? Need Help Here!!!

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Avoid this PI Exc****bur!!!

Bidded my COE during NOV then got the $2 COE.

Suppose to get back my COE rebate. Until now havent get back.

During Feb went to small claim tribunals, they claim no money then wan to pay by installment and signed the agreement made by small claim tribunals.

End up paying first month installment after that no reply already!!!

Contact them also no response. Dunno wth is happening at this company. Avoid them!!!

Neutral Newbie

nvr buy cars from PI The Car Regenc. non-ethical bunch.... kanna liao....

care to share wat happen?

Neutral Newbie

I am looking at the Honda Fit 1.3(A) GF version. Anyone got any good PI to recommend?

Most prob would be trying for a 10 year full in house loan. Any lobangs? Good and reliable. =D Thanks.

Neutral Newbie

There is a nice report on the PI report. If u dun mind, I can add in my fair views. This is my view point and solely from my personal view.

Complaints on PI and vs Authorised Dealers....

1) Customers complaints on PI late delivery....... I think it is unfair.. My bro in law ordered a Altis from Borneo in April 2009 and till now he is still awaiting for delivery. If you all guys think of PI late delivery and when comes to authorised dealers and their so called delayed delivery, they say it is ok... DUn u think it is unfair?????

2) It does not mean the smaller PI means no good. let me give u my personal opinion. I have been buying cars for years and my friends also buying cars for years. I personally like to buy from smaller PI. WHY? One personalised service which i never gets from authorised dealers as well as big dealers. Smaller PI caters to each individual customers and not from what they can earn the most from the vehicle. Smaller PI due to the small in size, they tend to give u better service and due to the lower overheads, you might get your car cheaper assuming the OMV is the same.

3) Authorised dealer sucks in the used cars like it is a free gift....... Got an colleque of mine recently in April went to an authorised vehicle to buy a new vehicle. For a altis they are offering S$2K for a 3 yr plus vehicle.. She signed the order from the authorised dealer. But lucky she paid the deposit herself. On monday she came to work, she was so excited abt the purchase and sales and I told her i could help... Finally, she sold the used cars to my friend friend who owns a small dealer at $4k for the body of the altis. Imagine how much a authorised dealer would have earned from the sales if she would have proceed on.

4) When buying from PI or authorised dealers, do check on the OMV. Recently many have got caught from under declaring OMV. The dealers may sell u cheap, but u may not get the vehicle... Reason they underdeclared the OMV.

5) Another reason why not buy from big PI. Many big PI buy the brand new vehicles say from JPN. Due the the large orders, many of the large PI finance from the finance banks. Only when they got money to clear the bank, they can registered the vehicle. The smaller PI do not have such bank facility and thus they can registered the vehicle faster than the larger PI given that the vehicles have no finance before registration.

6) Free gift>>> In singapore where got free gifts for free... Let be honest with each other...... An Chinese old saying, goat hair grow on the goat. Let say a Toyota Allion 1.5 an example which i just bought recently from the same dealer which i can recommend to you all. He may be a smaller PI, but he lay the cards on the table, the JPN invoice to singapore, how much he paid for and the conversation rate, the cost of inspection and towing and etc......... On top of that, he barely earn S$2..5K with of course earnings from finance and insurance. Hello ppl got to earn a living.. for an investment of S$70K plus, they barely earn abt $3-4k for each vehicle, where got earn much? They need to pay for rental as well as pub and staff salary too... I agreed to pay for the L/seats, sports rims as well as dvd out of my own pocket... Think that is a fair deal. The dealer also gives my engine oil for my servicing. Outside many gives 3-5 servicing free but do u think it is free???? No its only labour free, u got to pay for engine oil, filter etc... The engine oil u buy from the markup from there is more than enough to cover the "free" labour.... So SINGAPOREANS.. wake up, there is no free lunch in singapore. They will take the other things to cover the so call free thing.... Nothing is for free in SIngapore.

7) Buying from authorised agents, Another problem..... After sales support, it would be a GOD Blessing if the sales ppl can entertain u for a while, but usually no..... Next, the cost of servicing after that, is so huge..... An example of the altis vs allion, altis servicing on the avg would cost u abt S$200 but at a smaller PI would cost u less than S$100.. U asked why? The answer is the free gift you so called enjoyed and utlimately you are buying it thru your nose. So there is no free things in Singapore. In simple english, you take for free first and slowly u may back in kind... at times more than 300 percent extra.

I got more comments for PI and Authorised Dealers, which i dared not voiced out as the mod may penalised me. My conclusion is whether u buying from PI or Authorised Dealers, ask for the OMV first, then ask for if there is penalty if no fianance required amd thirdly the attitude of the sales ppl. Small PI doesnt not mean no good. Big companies, you may face the danger of not able to get the vehicles.

Thank u.

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

I need advice. My family bought a 1 year old Honda Stream about 2 months ago. It is a parallel import car. Yesterday we lost one of the keys. It is used to open the door and start the engine. We need a replacement but do not know where to go. We can't go to Kah Motor since we did not buy from them. Do you have any idea what I can do about this please? Thanks.

Neutral Newbie

i had book a CVR in early Apr from the PI. The policy is 4 bid guranteed. After the 4 bids, PI no update which I asked later then found out i got the COE at 14.3k. But no car even till TODAY. Tat PI crap [thumbsdown] gives some fantastic excuses.

I was juz wondering how can i get COE liao but no car?

1) first i book blue cvr but in the later PI said japan no stock after 1 month later

2) after 4 bid he no choice to get the OPEN CAT COE (also no update me)

3) PI said car nids 3 day go LTA to fix the OPC nut and freebies installation (also no update)

4) Later says still in port awaiting custom approval (WTH i tot my car in sg which was told earlier?)

5) Days later i call n ask again, said Yen exchange rate too big cant close transaction.

6) Today, said car in sg liao but cant register becoz NEA haven approval of emission

7) one of the CVR must ship to HK for emission test for approval then ship back and the "said" then can be registered.

Where got such things??? all i need is their updates (everytime i nid to call and find out, stupid service) which dont leave me in the dark even it cant delivery to me. i dont even have a confirmed date. stories after stories, lies after lies. I think that PI service got problem and in need a doc. Pls advise. this is my 3rd car. the previous 2 cars i had all from authorise dealer which i did not experience the delay in delivery.

Neutral Newbie

guess they simply doesn't have your car. probably on the way or still in japan.

when buying from PI, must make sure they have ready stock in sg ready for registeration. i got my car 11 days after i booked and mine was 3 bid guaranteed COE.

Neutral Newbie

but the problem is the PI keep saying its in SG already. he even gave me the engine n chassic number, which i requested it and will tally after i got my car. i wanna know how many lies are they making.

Neutral Newbie

All these are excuses. Many of us who have dealt with PIs have heard these a million times and more.

I guess the root of the problem is that you booked the car at a "lowish" price.

Since then, Yen and COE have gone up.

If they deliver the car to u as promised, the will sacrifice a huge slice of their profit.

The 14.3k COE that they "got"' for you is an OPEN cat, which means that it is not bidded in your name and they can use it to register any car for anybody.

They r probably trying to test your patience in the hope that you will "top up" more $. You'll be surprised that if you do this, you might get your car within a week or two.

So it all boils down to money. I guess your options will be:

1. Ask then how can they expedite the deal, in which case I'd expect them to mention something about topping up $.

2. Walk away from the deal (but you must check if there's any penalty involved for this).

3. Refer the matter to your lawyers (which might cost more in the end).

Hope this helps.

Please loh...the engine and chassie number is 101% known when the car is order in Japan and load onto the ship. Does not mean car is in Singapore already.

The only TRUE proof of car in Singapore is when the PI can tell you the EXACT OMV value.

Custom will value the car when it land in Singapore.

The main delay after car in Singapore is the various LTA inspection for emission/glass/engine/etc/etc.

but the problem is the PI keep saying its in SG already. he even gave me the engine n chassic number, which i requested it and will tally after i got my car. i wanna know how many lies are they making.

I recently bought a PI mercedes SLK200K from a PI with all the options ( high option ) offered at $163K with COE. I went to C&C and enquired the price of a similar car with all the options offered and was offered it at $230K++ and after some discounts at @$220+K. Almost $60K difference. The choice was obvious. The entire transaction with the company ( Lay Auto ) was smooth and I even had the car showed to me before signing and paying the deposit. I delayed the delivery to get a bidded number and they helped looking for the best insurance rate and loan options ( @2.5%) They gave me a choice which I thought was good and did not push a particular bank or insurance company. Delivery was timely and the service was professional and quite transparent in the sense that they kept me informed of each administrative procedure so I new what was going on. About under 2 weeks between paying deposit and taking delivery )

It comes with a 2 year MB international warranty for all parts. They offered a 3 year free service ( pay only for consumables ) and the first service at MBM Wheelpower in Sin Min was seamless and took about 2 hours ( 5 pm to 7 pm ) booked one day in advance. I waited in a lounge next to the service bay where you could see your car being sorted out. It cost me about $100+ for consumables. C & C does not offer any free service for the SLK when you buy it at their special rate of $159K basic ( the mirrors don't even fold in when locked! ) and estimated their first service to be about $200 to $300. Moreover you need to take their loan of @3.5%.

There are some PI's with bad service record and reputations but there are others who have been decent and offer a reasonable and more realistic pricing. I asked how they were able to sell their cars more cheaply - the GM suggested I look at their infrastructure and marketing and staffing. When you buy a C& C car you are also paying for their beautiful building, the huge staff, their polished floors and the great atmosphere. Gives you confidence but at a price!

Neutral Newbie

a good PI will update you whenever there is news abt ur car. Fortunately ur agent service is good, but for mine always keep me in the dark until i asked.

↡ Advertisement