Spraying of headlamps

Mr_biscuit

Hi all,

Any places to recommend to spray the internals of my Rio headlamps to black (Smoke type),juz like those originally found on Lancer Sports,Mazda3 etc..?

Pls advise on the pricing & venue..

Thx in advance..

↡ Advertisement

Thx for ur reply...

Btw,that guy is doing tinting of headlamps,not spraying..

Tinting is better, could remove easily if LTA . . .

Spraying, need to send to workshop to remove paint or replace the whole unit. Expansive $$$.

There's a difference between smoke headlight lenses, and black bazel headlamps. Those in Lancer sports, Chevy Optra SS are actually black deflectors inside the headlight unit.

If you just want to smoke your headlight lenses, you can get those free-lance installers to paste the tint stickers for you. If you want black bazel headlights, you'll need to take apart the headlight unit to spray paint the internal parts.

For the headlight tinting, pls beware that cheap is not necessary good. I've got my headlights tinted twice as the cheap installer did a crappy job. To spray the headlight internal, IIRC there's someone doing it at yahoo auctions. Cost about S$300.

Hi all,

Any places to recommend to spray the internals of my Rio headlamps to black (Smoke type),juz like those originally found on Lancer Sports,Mazda3 etc..?

Pls advise on the pricing & venue..

Thx in advance..

thats a 1 way ticket, no turning back once done.

U cant remove the black paint without affecting the chrome shud u want to revert back

I've done dark tinting on my previous ride on the headlamps b4,visibilty reduced to at least 50%..

After 6 mths when I remove the film on both headlamps,realised that there are many fine hairline scratched on the headlamps & the cause is due to the dark-tinted film under prolong hot weather..

what's LTA ruling on this? any ideas?

From LTA website http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onem...ml#MainPar_0045:

Tinting or masking of vehicle lamps

(e.g. head lamps, stop lamps, signal lamps, etc.)

All vehicle lamps must meet internationally recognised standards. Tinting or masking of these lamps is not allowed as it may adversely affect their performance.

Bro, I have seen him doing for Mazda6 and must say the result is superb! Just like original. Seen his post in Honda and Toyota forums as well. You should check him out!

He is also doing Angel Eyes. He did mine for almost 6months now and is still good as new! Thumbs up man! Nice and funny guy too!

That guy looks pro! But does he do other car models?"

Hi Bro..

thaz me.

Didnt know the wind blew this way.

if interested, let me know. I see what I can do to help.

Cheers!

Cyrus

FYI.

I dun usually come into MCF. Please send me an sms or gimme a call.Thanks!

Edited by Cyruslow
↡ Advertisement