Timmz Neutral Newbie January 2, 2007 Share January 2, 2007 Doing some homework before I jump in the POD setup. Situation: I have a lesser seen on road car that I want to change to POD filiter. I doubt that many places have done up my make/model before. No point asking workshops coz they sure say no problem and can be done confidiently. Need real advise ....... option 1: Buy from simonta ( or other makes which has stuff for my Citroen C3) the ready made kits to be sure of a 100% fit n tested setup. CB-602 for SSC, ST-605 for open pod. ( no 1 keeps stocks for this in SG) I could not find the disti for this, just many resellers. option 2: custom make metal piping in madrel bent tube or casting the pipe and get the pod filiter I want be it closed or open pod. Everything is customizable, so $$ will be the limiting fctor. option 3: I have seen the industrial grade plastic/fabric flexi hose used to connect not only the cai portion, but also after the filiter to the throtle body. This makes the simpliest DIY install of the options. CAI portion before the filiter is ok, I am worried about reliability of the construction materials after the filiter portion. Any cracks, tears will allow dirt to get sucked into the engine. CHOICES CHOICES CHOICES...... Any inputs ? Thanks. ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Elfenstar 3rd Gear January 3, 2007 Share January 3, 2007 Green and pipercross do make kits for your car and you can use them. Otherwise have a look at how your piping connects to the airbox and find a filter than has exit the same diameter and just replace it. ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now