Schaeffers Moly EP

Upguy1

Anyone has experience with moly EP??

Used it and loved the smoothness associated with it.

am currently on 5-20wt oil..adding moly EP at 5k (midway to OCI) gave the oil a new lease of life...

but i read in bitog that it will thicken the oil by 1 grade... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

[:|]

↡ Advertisement

Me using it.wink.gif

Indeed the engine run much smoother when I add it in.nod.gif But the strange thing is I understand from BIGOT that the quantity of moly is rather little in Schaeffer Moly EP, but good news is it is ester based? Suppose to be slippery stuff which cling to the metal parts....

Yes, I understand that schaeffer engine oil does contain alot of moly, but I'm not using that.... Just curious why so little MOLY in schaeffer MOLY EP? dizzy.gif

The ingredient that makes the different is Moly EP is antimony (Sb). That is why there is little moly (Mo) in it.

Sb is an extreme pressure additive.

The ingredient that makes the different is Moly EP is antimony (Sb). That is why there is little moly (Mo) in it.

Sb is an extreme pressure additive.

Errrmmm..... what does this mean in layman terms??? I use it with LC20.... very good and makes the oil last w/o any consumption.

Thanks

(edited)

It's an additive that helps the oil do it's job mainly from being pressured (squeezed between two metal surfaces).

A mixture of MolyEP and LC20 created the famed "Molabrew" named after Molakule from BITOG. The oil sort of becomes "invincible".

Edited by Genie47

yes heard of the molabrew....seems to be good stuffs

u using it yourself ??? or do u have your own "brew" ..... [sly]

wow u are on "molabrew"....

your engine got consumption problem ??

mine doesnt.....and mine is not even speced to run 20wt oil according to the manual...

i have yet to try molabrew....now saving up some mola.....perhaps at 7.5k then i will try... [thumbsup]

Use the additives, whatever they are when the oil is fresh.

At 7.5K kms, the oil is already so spent.... the additives is not gonna help much by then.

Correct me if I'm wrong, the additives is used to help maintain the oil properties or improve it slightly, but it cannot retore the oil properties. [sweatdrop]

I think it should not be a problem ... but put in the additive when you do the oil change. Don't wait till it is already sheared to put it in.

But I think even if already sheared and put in Moly EP is still ok, cos it will increase the viscosity by a bit maybe bringing it close to the original weight....

I have ever added Moly EP after around 7k mileage and the difference is quite obvious....meaning the engine rev much smoother, seems like it rejuvenate the old engine oil...

↡ Advertisement