EVO 9GT RX-8

HOUSENUMBER

which will u chose   

40 members have voted

1. 1. evo9 GT and rx-8

• Evo9 GT
    • RX-8

Never own these two car before but I will prefer RX8. Road tax wise it is much cheaper 1.3. Servicing I think will be cheaper also cos Evo is 4wd the servicing is more expensive(correct me if I am wrong cos i never own them before). FC not so sure liao. Insurance should be about the same ba

How much are you willing to spend a month? Yes... on papaer the rx-8 looks cheaper.... but to service the engine is not cheap... you need to replace the apex seals and you need to rebuild block every 80000km/h or when u see smoke coming out from your engine.

In the long run... EVOs are always cheaper than rotary... I almost bought a rx-7 until I asked some rotary experts.

Let me know if you need some technical info.

Cheers.

Edited by Sw20

How much are you willing to spend a month? Yes... on papaer the rx-8 looks cheaper.... but to service the engine is not cheap... you need to replace the apex seals and you need to rebuild block every 80000km/h or when u see smoke coming out from your engine.

In the long run... EVOs are always cheaper than rotary... I almost bought a rx-7 until I asked some rotary experts.

Let me know if you need some technical info.

Cheers.

mind telling more about rotary? thks [laugh]

both are just expensive.

for evo you pay slightly more on rd tax but slightly cheaper to maintain but on the other hand rx8 although u pay slightly lesser rd tax but maintain wise also slightly more expensive loh.

there is a trade off la.

Never own these two car before but I will prefer RX8. Road tax wise it is much cheaper 1.3. Servicing I think will be cheaper also cos Evo is 4wd the servicing is more expensive(correct me if I am wrong cos i never own them before). FC not so sure liao. Insurance should be about the same ba

Nah.. RX-8 maintanance confirm higher. I will prefer EVO.. No offence, but RX-8 is slower than EVO. but RX-8 got the killer look la.

both are just expensive.

for evo you pay slightly more on rd tax but slightly cheaper to maintain but on the other hand rx8 although u pay slightly lesser rd tax but maintain wise also slightly more expensive loh.

there is a trade off la.

But initial price different is about 50K? does the maintiance of the RX8 cover the initial cost?

also, How much is the insurance of RX8 and Evo 9?

But initial price different is about 50K? does the maintiance of the RX8 cover the initial cost?

Insurance is the about the same......

50k cover.... the rx-8.... can but running cost increases.... not so much the initial cost.

Everyone can afford a sports car.... but can you maintain it? That is another question....

The reason why or how i buy a sports car...... First, have that car been through races? 2ndly, what is the development or purpose of the engine?

If the car is meant for racing, the engine has to be highly tuned and super reliable.... Who brings a car to a race and force 500hp and always breaking down?

That is why i like the corolla ae111 or ae101... Those are tuned down 4age engines known as 4afe... that is why no power.. but super reliable....

Super well known in the group N series or Super Taikyu.

Right now.. alot of companies build engines for the sake of building.... and they don't run as well as their predecessors.

will wankel engine needed to replace after 100K km mileage and which is more troublesome oil flush or oil top up

80k km!!!! you read my post??? you need to rebuild...

if u gonna put this on long run, it will unless u just intend to drive less than 3yrs sell awa then thats another totally different story liao

if u gonna put this on long run, it will unless u just intend to drive less than 3yrs sell awa then thats another totally different story liao

Okay. understand... Anyway i dont think i will ever have a chance to buy a sports car. The most poweful car i can get will most likely be Jetta TSI Twin Charge...

Insurance is the about the same......

50k cover.... the rx-8.... can but running cost increases.... not so much the initial cost.

Everyone can afford a sports car.... but can you maintain it? That is another question....

The reason why or how i buy a sports car...... First, have that car been through races? 2ndly, what is the development or purpose of the engine?

If the car is meant for racing, the engine has to be highly tuned and super reliable.... Who brings a car to a race and force 500hp and always breaking down?

That is why i like the corolla ae111 or ae101... Those are tuned down 4age engines known as 4afe... that is why no power.. but super reliable....

Super well known in the group N series or Super Taikyu.

Right now.. alot of companies build engines for the sake of building.... and they don't run as well as their predecessors.

yes.....some cars purpose built for racing....