Considering MZ Premacy 2.0L

Djkoh

Neutral Newbie

Hi,I am looking to buy the 2L Premacy as family expanding and just wondering if anyone has any experience with the car. Your comments and advise would be much appreciated. [scholar]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Well, it depends what you are looking for on a MPV for family.

I started by looking at space, FC, appearance and cost.

Bought a WISH recently. So far quite happy with the space (roomy for even the 3rd row with two adults - good leg room), reasonable luggage space (some safety zone for 3rd row passengers), FC, pickup, etc. [;)][thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie
Hi,I am looking to buy the 2L Premacy as family expanding and just wondering if anyone has any experience with the car. Your comments and advise would be much appreciated. [scholar]

Hihi,

Mine's a Premacy G Sports, wont complain about the power at all compare to the other MPVs but space is kinda tight, its classified as "compact" MPV, depends on your family built, go try it out at the showroom, looks wise the exterior is a kill, interior console is ok but i think wish is nicer! Fuel Consumption definitely have to go for Toyota's VVTI technology that easily gives u 12km/litre or more, my best tank clocked is about 10.8km/litre fyi

regards,

Neutral Newbie

I heard that the people sitting at the 3rd row of seats cannot

get the aircond and is extremely hot there. Most MPVs have

aircon in front and at the back but the Premacy only have a/c

in the front!

I think the premacy would be better if Mazda removed the 3rd row

and push the 2nd row back to give it more (lots more) leg room and

then reduce the price! Image $78-80K for a 2L sports hatch!

Wouldn't it sell like hot cakes?

Neutral Newbie

"I think the premacy would be better if Mazda removed the 3rd row

and push the 2nd row back to give it more (lots more) leg room and

then reduce the price! Image $78-80K for a 2L sports hatch! "

that is what i did!!! haha... took out the 3rd row! 2nd row now is extremely spacious even for big sized pals!

re: aircon 3rd row

as i dont have the 3rd row seats, cant really comment, but logically u are right as the air con vents are only at the front, that is absolutely possible on a hot day!

hehee!

Neutral Newbie

Great! Point is why pay for 7 seats but use 5 seats only.

So they should make Premacy with 5 seats only and reduce

the price.

I believe sales can really pick up for the Premacy if price

is cheaper.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

You definitely got a point!

my perspective, i am ard 6 feet tall i need the space (horizontal length & vertical height space), most 5 seats cars with that price tag cant gimme that kind of comfort, and the fact that i fell in love with it at first sight! most importantly the looks is not as boring as other MPVs! plus sunroof, full body kit, etc etc, its build for me mann!! hehe

attached a pic of my baby ;o)

post-2-1084502291_thumb.gif

Edited by Dnaz

Neutral Newbie
You definitely got a point!

my perspective, i am ard 6 feet tall i need the space (horizontal length & vertical height space), most 5 seats cars with that price tag cant gimme that kind of comfort, and the fact that i fell in love with it at first sight! most importantly the looks is not as boring as other MPVs! plus sunroof, full body kit, etc etc, its build for me mann!! hehe

attached a pic of my baby ;o)

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
Well, it depends what you are looking for on a MPV for family.

I started by looking at space, FC, appearance and cost.

Bought a WISH recently. So far quite happy with the space (roomy for even the 3rd row with two adults - good leg room), reasonable luggage space (some safety zone for 3rd row passengers), FC, pickup, etc. [;)][thumbsup]

Hi how much did you pay for your ride(WISH). Was looking at the papers today finding it a bit confusing as I went to Ricardo Cars Pte ltd and they were quoting $95k with leather seats etc but I see in the class ads prices as low as $86.8k is there any diff.? [confused] And if I may ask about how much do you pay in road tax and insurance?

Also at 1.8 is it underpowered?

Edited by Djkoh

(edited)

----------------

Great! Point is why pay for 7 seats but use 5 seats only.

So they should make Premacy with 5 seats only and reduce

the price.

I believe sales can really pick up for the Premacy if price

is cheaper.

-----------------

Aiyah, might as well get Mazda2, cheaper and better FC....... [rolleyes]

Edited by Normal_aspirated

why not consider Zafira. With current price,enhance rear seat, rear air-con, steering audio control and sport edition body kit, is a good buy. Can also install cruise control at less than $300.

I agree with the rest that the space available in Premacy is a disappointment. It is not just the third row of seats, even the second row seems a bit crampy if the front two fellows wan to have some decent legroom enough for comfort. No punt intended, unless you are short or really small size, then the second row of seats could fit in adults just nice.

On the third row, you don't get a decent boot space if you are talking about travelling with whole family in that car.

But power wise, it is around there for a MPV of that size. If it was fitted with a 1.8L engine or worse still - 1.6L, it is definitely a goner.

Ed

Neutral Newbie
why not consider Zafira. With current price,enhance rear seat, rear air-con, steering audio control and sport edition body kit, is a good buy. Can also install cruise control at less than $300.

Hi buddy,

I was trying to look around for cruise control, mind sharing the lobang? heee thanks in advance ;oP

hm nice car..

Thanks Hondacrv! ;)

Not very sure about your car. But for Zafira, the cost is mainly a re-programme of ECU plus an original indicator stalk with crusie control button.

Neutral Newbie
Not very sure about your car. But for Zafira, the cost is mainly a re-programme of ECU plus an original indicator stalk with crusie control button.

oh ok thanks :o) so you go back to General Motors (or Opel Dealers) to do it huh i guess?

i wish i could. But couldn't becuase mine belong to the earlier batch of Zafira come with X-engine(115HP). Those after 2001 with Z-engine (125HP) that drive by wire would be able to do so.

if ur budget approves, why not consider stream. i like it the first time i test drove. 3rd row so-so, not as roomy as wish. but performance, vtec power! aircon, yes, only the from the front... but up till now no complains from 3rd row passenger (maybe still new hehehe) FC wise is about 9-10km/l.

last time when i wanted to purchase an mpv, same q applies to me. i wanted a compact mpv and narrow down to 5 choices:-

1. honda stream - love at first drive

2. toyota wish - not able to do any test drive and also brought in by PI

3. opel zafira - worry abt cost in a long run. i'm a heavy driver

4. mazda supremacy - didn't like the space

5. kia carens - same as mazda but handling wise is superb

↡ Advertisement