Satria injectors

Roodi

Ok, may be let me try to value add a little. If you TC, and need more fuel, there's two possible solutions. Installed larger injectors, or install extra injectors. Depending on the engine management you are using,

If use piggyback, should consider extra injector, it's easier to tune and control idling and daily light throttle driving. Or else will have to tune the piggyback for injector scaling, may not be very stable due to the OBDII fuel trim feature of the original ecu.

If use standalone ecu, then no problem, larger injector will be a cleaner solution.

Edited by Sheltie2306

Neutral Newbie

I have supercharged it with a Eaton MP45 running at about 8psi [:)]I have got a omex ecu so i can do my own mapping.Also got water injection,viper cold air induction kit from pipercross,cat back powerflow exhaust.Just had it decomped to 9.2/1 using a solid copper spacer plate had to do this cos getting a lot of pinking.It was running at just under 200bhp at the wheels [:)]I have got to put it back on the rollers soon so we can advance the timing some more now i have decomped it.

[shocked][shocked] 200 bhp at wheels [nosebleed][nosebleed][nosebleed][nosebleed]

solid ar bro [thumbsup]

the beauty of MY cars [inlove]

but are u sure that chasis can take it? [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

where u staying? can tumpang me around to feel that power? [inlove]

Ya, 200bhp on wheel is very impressive for the 1.8 block with 8psi boost. If I am not wrong, the stock bhp is about 130bhp on flywheel, i.e. about 100 on wheel, that's 100% improvement. The beauty of forced induction [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Only just got it up to this kind of power, but did have lots of probs last summer.Had to take so much out of the timing that power suffered badly.Have put a small scoop and 2 louvres in the bonnet

The charger reaches peak boost at about 6500rpm.i think the manifold has got a lot to answer for!i am just going to put some exhaust wrap on the weekend.

Cos im running 8psi the stock 10.5/1 comp rate is to high that is why ive gone to 9.2/1 ratio

Water injection is a good way to get the intake temp down it reduced mine by more than 40c also with the direct cold air feed from outside the car [thumbsup]

Its also nice and cold in uk at mo [:)]

Will have to wait a couple of months to see what it will be like now in hot weather [sweatdrop]

Edited by Roodi

Hey, you in UK, it very nice to take advantage of the cold weather for better power.

I am thinking about Aquamist water injection system too. I can use my piggyback ecu to control the "on/off" of water, but not the amount of water, so the minimum setup I need will be system 2d, which has somekind of built-in water map. Which water injection system you are using ?

Neutral Newbie

I have got the Aquamist 2c system which comes with a high speed valve plus all the other stuff so i can do my own water map with my ecu. The hsv is connected to the ecu so i can control when and how much water it gives [thumbsup].I also use the Shell Optimax or BP Ultimate fuel as it has a higher octane than norm. I find this helps with controlling pinging aswell.Dare not use the supermarket rubbish [thumbsdown] .

Do you no anything about Aftercoolers?

Intercooler (FMIC)

Aftercooler (AWIC)

FMIC = Front mount Air-to-Air intercooler

AWIC = Air-to-Water intercooler.

FMIC's are more piping, and usually therefor more work. However, once installed they are no-maintenance.

AWIC's use a water tank, water pump and heat exchanger (radiator) to cool the charge.

AWIC's are cool because you can put ice water in them and get the air going into the engine COLDER than the outside air. FMIC's will only get the air as cold as the outside temp (or close to it).