Oil Extreme Engine oil

Zepil99

Neutral Newbie

any1 heard or used this Engine oil before? I need some feedback, especially if u have done any UOA or VOA. been trying to search the internet but oil and extreme simply returns too many junk url.

http://www.oilextreme.com/moil1.html

I am interested in their 5W30, but not sure if its as good as Schaeffer. looking at this oil cause Schaeffer out of stock from 5W20, 5W30 and 10W30.

need some serious feedback. Any1?

Edited by Zepil99
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

i search this forum, but cant get a firm good result. i lost the url to bitog can u paste thelink here for me if u dun mind.

looks like its CLTR or Schaeffer for now for cheap oil. but i prefer W20 or W30 oil, dilemna..... [dizzy]

ok i got the URL already

Edited by Zepil99

Neutral Newbie

correction bro, Schaeffer is a good oil (not very) because of the low price that it is selling (so value for money lah) but there are much better oil out there but costing more so it will depends on what you are looking for. just my $0.02.

Not tried Redline but know it's good oil ($20 per quart - bloodly hell better b good!!). It's ester-based.

Why u say Schaf ain't a very gd oil? For the price, it does as good as, if not better than most syn. u see here....

BITOG folks nvr complain abt it

Southpark

The Dude

EDIT: Let me put it this way, as long as it meets the specified standards of API SAE and u do yr OCI at 10k interval, most oil is good. Hence, it comes down to price and peace of mind. My price point is $10 per quart, and wan lots of moly for that px. Schaf. fits that bill perfectly, being a great oil (the BITOG folks UOA proves it), has some 250 - 350 ppm moly vs. redline of 650 ppm.

Else, try TripleR cxxxxxe. Cheap and good. Wan something with branding? Try Mobil silver ($13 per quart). Redline is great but to me an overkill, unless u compare bang for buck at the $80+ region (vs. say Shell Helix / M1 recomm. retail price of $84+)

Edited by Southpark2000

Neutral Newbie

Because I have tried them all.....wink.gif...if you have tried redline, you would have say otherwise liao....ask king, I just converted him to using redline....he now swear by that oil liao....

My bro is using Redline oso....swearing by it.

I was tempted, but the price is too much. His rationale was Redline price vs. Shell Helix price.

Can get same protection results from Schaf at much lower price. In any case, SGporeans tend to change car like 5 - 7 yrs? Nid to "protect" long long meh? [sly][:p][sweatdrop][laugh]

Just get a good enuf oil that protects and lower the cost of ownership. Our resident oil expert Genie was even using dino oil.... [sweatdrop][jawdrop]

Southpark

The Dude

i have tried redline 10W30 after using chemlube..feels no different ...both gives me smooth ride [sly]

and chemlube is also ester based.. is 17 per quart..cheaper [;)]

Neutral Newbie

protection is not the issue here but the great driving experience that you get from using the oil. redline give smooth operation and much better power..

Wan great driving experience? Feeling of power?

- go dwn to 20wt oil

- pour into petrol tank a 1/2 bot Redline SI-1 fuel injector cleaner every 5,000 km (else FP60 will do the job as well). Damage is $20 a bot. Hence, Schaf + fuel cleaner = $52. vs. Redline $80+ per 10k OCI.

- else change oil like nobody's business.... 3k OCI

Southpark

The Dude

↡ Advertisement