Jump to content

New Optra accessories


Worker
 Share

Recommended Posts

Neutral Newbie

[sunny]

Changing from Daewoo to Chevy Optra soon.

 

Want to know what are "standard package" and what is considered "accessories" ie. don't want to be ripped off by the sales people by promising to give "extras" when it is considered part of the standard package .

Are the following included :

1 fog lights

2 tweeter at the back doors

3 rev sensors

 

Are the following normally paid for fully by the buyer or split with the SE ;

 

1 Leather seats

2 Alloy rims

 

Anybody just got their cars recently ??

What else is considered , "negotiable" with the SE?

 

Rgs

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

I just got my car on 2 days before Chinese New Year.

 

Optra Sedan (5M) $49 988

Leather seats $ 1 000 (I pay)

Sports Rims $ 600 (From Boh Heng after trade in)

$1200(star auto) You pay - not worth

Auto Curtain -Free (package)

Reverse sensor -Free (package)

Leather wraped steering -Free (package)

Fog light -Free (SE give)

COE rebate -$ 2 000

1st year interest rebate -$ 1 400

Trade in fuel voucher -$ 1 200

Total cost of Car $46 988 (Around there)

 

 

Hope this helps. My SE is an old man and quite friendly and helpful.

Nothing much to ask for since the package already give quite a lot of things.

Maybe being nice to him got me a nice number which is intangible unless you bid.

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

I'm not sure, my guess is maybe he has a few sales and he end up with a list of numbers to allocate to his clients. So he decides who get the nicer ones from his list.

 

Just a guess, may not be true.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there. Wat's (5M)? I tot shld b 4dr M aKa (4M)

Tat's quite a gd deal u haf there. In the past, U cant even get the Aveo @ tis price [sweatdrop]

I'm driving the Optra Sedan oso. Wat's the name of ur SE & Which outlet is he @? Might b the same SE as mine [;)]

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Interesting ,

Your rims are 14 " or 15" since I believe Optra comes with 14" steel rims and tyres .

You also have some pretty good cash rebates .

how much and how many years loan ?

 

Rgs

[nod]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

I change to 15 inch because 16 inch is not worth the price purely for aesthetic appeal.

The road comfort that is compromised defeats the purpose of having an optra. Must ask for quiet tyres!! I forgot so have to turn up the volume until the next wheel change lor.

 

The rebate is for first year interest. I took 10 years loan. Check with your SE on the terms. I think anything more than 7 yrs will be entitled. The package gave $1500 petrol voucher from mobil. I do not want to pump mobil petrol because it is less responsive from previous experiences, so i trade that in for $1200.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro,

 

Is me again! Who is your SE and where is the showroom? Is it Mr. Andy Sim at Leng Kee? Because i got everythings exactly same offer as you but not the fog light as he said not approved by LTA of the installation. Optra Sedan (5M)? What is 5M actually?

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

It' at Ubi. Sorry for the typo, it's 4 door manual. I ended up paying for the fog light when the bill came. Nevermind lor, cost about 150 after staff discoun of 30%. I changed the rims. Looking for bodykit at the moment. Will be going to malaysia to hunt for it. Also thinking of tinting the windows. I tinted my old ride at kota tinggi for rm 120.

Mine is silver - This is the rim i changed to: (topped up 600 after trade in @ pxx xxxg) Autobacs selling the same set at $1288

post-50-1140240423_thumb.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

I thought the windows are already manufactured with original tinted glass?? I Saw the maker logo on the glasses indicated UV protection which SE said is 70% UV protected? [hur][hur]

 

What is the weight of your sport rim? Because me too going to change up to 15" sport rim also after i collected my car as mine come with original 14" steel rim and tyres but wondering what type of rims and tyres are considered 'worth for money' as more wider the diameter is as well as the heavier the rims are, the higher the FC will be. How to determine actually? Will you educate me? Eg: What is PCD 4x100 or 5x100, brand of tyres and rims in term of performance. [scholar]

 

Calculated as of 11km/l for your travel? Traveling in City frequently huh? [drivingcar]

fuel gauge is noisy when topped up fuel fully? Whats that? [confused][confused]

 

[flowerface][flowerface][flowerface][flowerface][flowerface][flowerface]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Ha ha ha, Sorry bro....... [laugh][laugh][laugh] I mis-understood your sentence of 'Also the fuel guage cannot go full.(going back to make noise)' [laugh][laugh][laugh]

 

Cannot go full? Can furnish more detail?

 

[flowerface][flowerface][flowerface][flowerface][flowerface][flowerface]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

The fuel guage does not indicate full when the already pumped to full tank. Some bros already reported the same problem with the older model. This is not good for me when i go malaysia. it can over indicate so i can pump more when i cross over to JB but underindicate just feels not right. I drive 60% highway 40% city. I wanted to tint because feel hot le. Especially during afternoon, my hand burns man.

 

I not expert in wheels and rims but 15" is just to make it look nicer and improve a bit of cornering. If $ is not a problem and a light rim is more important to you, then you can check some of the old post about light-weight rims. No matter what, outrims are lighter than the 15" that chevrolet offer. You can go ask the rims and tyre shop for advice on the tyres lor. Don't think it is a lot of difference la. If you get those cheaper tyres, then maybe harder, noiser but can last longer lor. See if you are those that want a little more comfort and willing to pay more. I already find the car quiet enough la. So, the type of tyres does not bother me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Okay, thanks alot for the advices bro. I will be collecting my car on the 7th of March and maybe we can have a coffee after that for more talk [;)] Take care!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro, need to check with you something regarding your rim again. Yours is 'Alloy' 15" rim is it which weighted at about 5kg per rim? Does your $600.00 included tyres after traded in your original 14" steel rim? What brand is the tyres then?

 

Well, i have been to one tyre shop located at AMK Point, Industrial Park 2A and found out that that rims as shown from your post was quoted for about $800.00 including yokohama tyres after trade-in my original 14" steel rim with tyres. Nice but quite expensive. any opinion? [hur][hur]

 

Thanks for the information and assistance. [thumbsup][thumbsup]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Upgrading from 14" steel rims to 15" alloys with generic tyres will cost about $600.

Maybe you have chosen more expensive rims .

 

I chosed M'sian JRD alloys and Bridgestone GR80 for $600 , but I took the 195/60/15 instead of the 195/55/15 which would cost a wee bit more .

Shop around .

 

Rgs

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

The rim that i chosen was the same kind of bro Munch bought leh. M'sia JRD alloy with Bridgestone GR80 for $600? With trade-in of steel rim or sport rim? Where you bought as maybe i can drop by to take a look instead. Well, unable to understand more on the country made in the quality but if it come in Bridgestone GR80, i think would be much better than Yokohama tyres loh. So why you chosen 195/60/15 instead of the 195/55/15 leh? you means the thicker will be better? How about the FC leh?

 

Sorry bro, guess i am being abit of 'tu tu' to car tyres and rim.... [dizzy][dizzy]

got to learn more from you guys.... Thanks for the education given.. [scholar][scholar]

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...