Jump to content

Bonding Issues - How to Spot Them?


Swishbrade
 Share

Recommended Posts

Neutral Newbie

Hi all

 

I had just tried FK1 FX100 on Meg's #26 but it didnt seem to give me the desired effect in terms of shine and slickness.

 

Is there a bonding issue between these 2 products? And can the more experienced bros here advise me on how to spot bonding / product compatibility issues? How do we spot them, and tell if 2 products go well or don't go well together?

 

Also, rain water seem to dry "white" in colour after the FX100 application. They are not hard and can come off with a gentle rub from my fingers. Help! What are they and what's happening?

 

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bro,

 

I put FX100 on top of KSG, FK1000P or Pink Wax all gave me [thumbsup] shine & slick.

 

I always spray FX100 in a MF applicator to apply the and only buff off after

applied on the whole ride. Actually as what PPL said in Autopia, at the time you

apply, the FX100 was melted into the paint and it really nothing more to buff.

 

By the way I dun hv the white spot after rain.

 

MarcosTan

Cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Yo bro MarcosTan. Thanks for coming to my rescue again. I think I do have a bonding issue cos maybe PW or 1000P is specially made to go well with FX100. [:/]

 

After thinking about it, the symptoms are all there.

1) Streaking

2) Very visible hazing after application of a thin layer only

3) White spots

 

I think these symptoms may mean that the FX100 has not really been absorbed into the Meg #26 layer...just a guess...but a good reason to get the PW and 1000P...hehe [laugh]

 

Bro Marcos, when is your next order? Can tumpang? [rolleyes]

 

BTW, do you apply the FX100 in a front back manner or circular manner?

Edited by Swishbrade
Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Wow! That's a lot of 425! [shocked]

 

I really like the dark colour of Meg 26 but for the sake of using my FX100, I will definitely like to try the 1000P. I read that a 1000P / PW / FX100 and 425 combo is an eye dazzling combo! Have you tried it yet?

 

When is your next Wash and Wax bro?

 

Cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...