Saabretooth 2nd Gear August 31, 2006 Share August 31, 2006 For me, mine is OEM HU, so I don't reset that, I only reset the H701. :) The other way is to disconnect battery.. I think, but this is my guess, not professional advice :P So the solution is only subjective to the type of HU used. So thats why the VS may be helpful to prevent these things from happening? ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Wankie Clutched August 31, 2006 Share August 31, 2006 thats why jiak pah eng don't reset lah mine no choice, had to take out battery Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Paffendorf Neutral Newbie August 31, 2006 Share August 31, 2006 check the ears that's a good solution...maybe got sai stuck inside liao.. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bobcatsysop Neutral Newbie September 1, 2006 Share September 1, 2006 Hi Bro, Pioneer HU also has a reset button (at least my P80 does) but when we use that reset button.. like what Bro Wankie said... it will reset everything back to factory default loosing all earlier saved custom settings. That is why I always saved my settings in an excel file for just in case.. hehehee, to play safe. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bobcatsysop Neutral Newbie September 1, 2006 Share September 1, 2006 Hi Bro Wankie, << thats why jiak pah eng don't reset lah mine no choice, had to take out battery >> Got it!!.. If you change or take out battery, that you have no choice... not only HU resets back to factory default, your ODO trip meter, and clock also reset and of course your ECU also goes back to default setting. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bobcatsysop Neutral Newbie September 1, 2006 Share September 1, 2006 Hi Bro, You back from Australia liao? << check the ears that's a good solution...maybe got sai stuck inside liao..>> With your boom boom sound.. whatever sai stuck inside also come out liao.. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kwongwing Neutral Newbie September 1, 2006 Share September 1, 2006 For me, mine is OEM HU, so I don't reset that, I only reset the H701.:) How do you reset the H701??? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Saabretooth 2nd Gear September 1, 2006 Share September 1, 2006 errr, ok it wasn't me, I was sitting in the car when he went to my boot to reset the H701. I have the manual with me, Will have to check it out before letting you know. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kwongwing Neutral Newbie September 1, 2006 Share September 1, 2006 No worries - I have read the manual before - dun remember a reset button! Your installer could have disconnected the unit's power But if I remember correctly, the unit retains its setting even if the power is disconnected .. I could be mistaken though Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Saabretooth 2nd Gear September 1, 2006 Share September 1, 2006 < Your installer could have disconnected the unit's power But if I remember correctly, the unit retains its setting even if the power is disconnected .. I could be mistaken though >> I think you could be right. Its good for me to know too. Just got to find the time to look for the manual.... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sarong1 1st Gear September 1, 2006 Share September 1, 2006 Saabretooth, your installer manage to tweak back your system? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Saabretooth 2nd Gear September 1, 2006 Share September 1, 2006 Yeap, he did. :) He said this new setting is his preferred setting. It does feel better now. the He said something about the size of the mouth is due to the low sampling rate of the HU. Its got decent staging width. I heard some of the test CDs he played in the car. very distinctive in spreading out the voices. There is one where there is one lead singer and two back up singers on each side, I can hear 3 different singers, left, centre and right all at the same time. But for depth of stage, its not bad, but its not as far as yours or kermit's. Got chance to audit it next week Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sarong1 1st Gear September 2, 2006 Share September 2, 2006 As along as YOU like the setting, that is the most important. It should not be based on his preferred setting, I think there is something really wrong there. About your sampling rate of the HU, I still can't believe that its merely 8 bit. You may want to recheck, not with your installer, but the manufacturer instead. Not to worry about the comparative depth amongst different cars. Let's audit it once more come next week, hopefully we can revert back to Nasi Padang where it is really more convenient. Cheers. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Saabretooth 2nd Gear September 2, 2006 Share September 2, 2006 Actually, I quite like the setting now, He said based on my initial request, the bass frequencies were raised up by 4dB. Instead, after the changes, its now up by only 1dB, which is 1dB more than he thinks is good for SQ and the level of quality in my setup. The extra 4dB probably accounted for the "rough" bass I felt when listening to music. I'll check with the manufacturer specs, if I can find them. And then we'll take it from there Considering between 9965 or the IWA200 to go with my H701 if I want to change the HU. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sarong1 1st Gear September 2, 2006 Share September 2, 2006 Ok, do enjoy your settings now and not be affected by comments... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kwongwing Neutral Newbie September 2, 2006 Share September 2, 2006 Easy to say not to be affected by other people's comments - but difficult to actually convince oneself of the same Anyway, I believe that all comments should be taken constructively - e.g. when one says another's system is lousy, dun just go strip everything out and put in new set. Must understand that everyone has different preference / taste and mind you, perception of how an system sound or should sound is very subjective Take everyone's comments in their own perspective, but ultimately it is the listener / owner of the audio system which has the decision / perogative as to how the system should sound - the main thing is the owner's enjoyment of the music! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sarong1 1st Gear September 2, 2006 Share September 2, 2006 Kwongwing, I agree with you. What I do want to add on is that it is really not difficult...as long as we know what we want, there is really nothing that can stop us from believing that our settings are what we like at the end of the day. Comments will serve to be comments, likewise for opinions. I don't think anyone will say that your system is lousy or his system goes down the drain. Whether or not comments are constructive has to be dependent on how well we can express ourselves with regard to what we have listened. This is very subjective. I don't claimed to be one that can express well either. That is why we have meetups, to bring everyone together. The purpose is not to bring down people's system and say that ours is the best...no no no. What is more important, is that, we enjoy the music, the highest level of music appreciation together in different car settings. The essence is to express how we felt playing that music in the car and in any other people's car. Cheers Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kwongwing Neutral Newbie September 3, 2006 Share September 3, 2006 Hi Sarong, My post was not directed to you specifically but to all forumers in general! What I was trying to put thru is that one must not take any comments / opinions too MUCH to heart! I see of the fellow brothers who come by - and after receiving some negative comments, next time come round almost change whole system I believe that the forums and meetups are a place to learn more about the market in general and to gain some 3rd party views on one's system. My belief is also to 1st try to get the fundamentals rite and then max out one's system before moving on ... Unfortunately ... it is almost forever an endless journey --- Sigh ... ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
Bringing you premium engine oils, interesting car parts, and in-depth car repair services - Auto 101
Bringing you premium engine oils, interesting car parts, and in-depth car repair services - Auto 101
Carbonics Cold Air Intake System - Full Handmake CF
Carbonics Cold Air Intake System - Full Handmake CF
Cost to replace hybrid Battery
Cost to replace hybrid Battery
My EV journey to the i4
My EV journey to the i4
Dangers of EMF from Hybrid battery?
Dangers of EMF from Hybrid battery?
Battery for Honda Vezel
Battery for Honda Vezel
Electrical wiring in car - battery drain
Electrical wiring in car - battery drain
How often do I need to change tyres and battery?
How often do I need to change tyres and battery?