Sony 1st Gear May 27, 2007 Share May 27, 2007 Well, it's only $500, Why don't you neg with them further and see how you can back off the deal with all the promises they have made. Letting them have the car with the price might not be a good idea unless your car really CMI. reason being if you decide to get another car from another AD/PI, you still have something for them to "play around" with. And I tot you said you needed a car. ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zaizai Neutral Newbie May 27, 2007 Author Share May 27, 2007 Yes, I do need a car for work that is why I rushed to buy a new car. My old car is gone. Dead. I need a new car. But now, it is delayed. They promised that I will get it in 1 or the latest 2 bids without having to top up. But they called and asked me to top up. Like I said, I shouldnt have trusted them. They are doing nothing illegal. I am here to ask if there is some way I can get out of the deal without forfeiting my deposit if possible. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
W2K_83 1st Gear May 28, 2007 Share May 28, 2007 (edited) I don't really see what Cartimes have done wrongly 1) SE promised to speak to accounts dept but SE cannot represent the accounts dept. It would take a generous company to lend you money to pay off your old car before repaying them via your loan. Afterall they are a car company and not a finance company. 2) If your old car's trade-in value wasn't recorded down, the company is not obliged to top up the excess if the third-party accepts your old car for a lesser value than expected. You would need to accept the valuation given by the third-party (car-trader or scrap-car dealer). Unless you get a nice SE who will top it up from his/her profit. 3) Yours is officially a 6 bid non-guaranteed COE bidding, so they have the rights to not give you your COE on the 2nd try. Usual practice does not equate to a must. Usual practices will only come in at stable times. Their usual practice is to give it on the 2nd try but due to the rising COE prices, it should be expected that they won't be able to do so. U should have gotten the SE to put it down officially just like when I got my Civic. My price was for the 6 bid non-guranteed COE but SE officially record as 1 bid guaranteed. All I can say is that they did it very contractually, and have done nothing to deceive you. What you can do now is to just simply forfeit your $500 and nullify the contract. Edited May 28, 2007 by W2K_83 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zaizai Neutral Newbie May 31, 2007 Author Share May 31, 2007 Do not get me wrong. I didn't say Cartimes was wrong. I infact did say what they did was absolutely legal. I came here asking if I can get out of the deal and at the same time get back my deposit. What I was pissed about was that I was told one thing but got another. Like when I was told MI usually give COE to a buyer even though the bidding didnt go through at the 2nd bidding. About my civic, I understand that they didnt do anything wrong. I was pissed because I was told it will be a higher than what I got. Like I said, They did everything legit but like any sales person, be it PI or AD, they are the same, promising u heaven but may not give u that. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Wreath Neutral Newbie May 31, 2007 Share May 31, 2007 My two cents' worth: you should go to Small Claims Tribunal. I think they have more power than CASE. Also, this can be argued as a case of misrepresentation. Of course, it may take up some of your time but it could set a precedent case for future cases like that. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Munimal 1st Gear May 31, 2007 Share May 31, 2007 HI , No top up please..cat a will soften next bidding next week...there is no more backlog...i believe cat a dun have the "strenght" any more...since your bid miss by a mere $9...thanks.. 101 and 5200 coe owner Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Munimal 1st Gear May 31, 2007 Share May 31, 2007 if you have follow the advertisement from the biggest AD toyota advertisement....i dun know why the price keep coming down...maybe they have to resort to advertise after rebate price....in which they seldom do...just an example...a few days after the last coe results vios price start above 50k....if you see these few days advert...below 50k...thanks ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now