Hungee Neutral Newbie May 7, 2010 Author Share May 7, 2010 OOT abit. If Altis vs. Axio, I will go for none cos it's Toyota. *evil smilez* =x Buying a Toyota car from BM, they warrant 3 to 5 years, whereby PI usually warrant only 1 year. This is the main difference which is why so many buyers prefer not to go for PI.~ Buying car lehz, not buy bag.~ =p But if you don't intend to service with them (BM), warranty (no matter how long) will still be void pre-maturely. ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Happily1986 5th Gear June 4, 2010 Share June 4, 2010 Bros driving the new Altis and servicing outside, please recommend reliable and honest workshop for routine interval servicing. Fed up with BM liao. 50k servicing cost me $500 in damage WTF. i thought 40k is considered major servicing and 50k is minor. Their cavalier attitude also pissed me off. So what if warranty void? Stock battery have to change because it is more than 2 yo (they claim expire liao) wanted to quote me 120 The warranty seems like not much use to me. Might as well save money by going to external experience WS which has more reasonable pricing. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Quantum 5th Gear June 4, 2010 Share June 4, 2010 Hi, Anyone knows what price the new Altis was selling back in May/June period ? Thanks in advance ... Cheers new Altis ??? 2009 version? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Limiter Neutral Newbie June 4, 2010 Share June 4, 2010 If were to consider toyota, i will not even put altis into my list. Simply put, altis is crap. With that price tag but plain yet dull interior. Exterior wise no sense of class, poor FC. Considering the price on par with axio, at least axio is a JDM and looks more sporty. Power wise and comfort definitely better then new altis. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hungee Neutral Newbie June 5, 2010 Author Share June 5, 2010 If were to consider toyota, i will not even put altis into my list. Simply put, altis is crap. With that price tag but plain yet dull interior. Exterior wise no sense of class, poor FC. Considering the price on par with axio, at least axio is a JDM and looks more sporty. Power wise and comfort definitely better then new altis. Look is subjective lah. One man's meat is another man's poison. Consider the price vs OMV, I think Altis is pretty fine. Poor FC I not sure. On 17" rubber I can still achieve 12.5km/l driving hard. On good days can hit 13km/l. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hungee Neutral Newbie June 5, 2010 Author Share June 5, 2010 new Altis ??? 2009 version? Yup .. 2009 model Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hungee Neutral Newbie June 5, 2010 Author Share June 5, 2010 (edited) Bros driving the new Altis and servicing outside, please recommend reliable and honest workshop for routine interval servicing. Fed up with BM liao. 50k servicing cost me $500 in damage WTF. i thought 40k is considered major servicing and 50k is minor. Their cavalier attitude also pissed me off. So what if warranty void? Stock battery have to change because it is more than 2 yo (they claim expire liao) wanted to quote me 120 The warranty seems like not much use to me. Might as well save money by going to external experience WS which has more reasonable pricing. After my last FOC servicing (20K) in Sep 2010, I may continue 30K servicing with them 'cos battery warranty is 2 yrs. See if can claim replacement before 40K servicing due. Heard once never service with them, they dun entertain laio. Else I will go JB service liao. No pt let them hold random for the warranty. BTW I just changed new battery for my other ride, 55Amh Amaron (right spelling?) maintenance free battery for $110, 45Amh for $100. Both 1 yr warranty . For your preference. Edited June 5, 2010 by Hungee Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Desmondtwb Clutched June 5, 2010 Share June 5, 2010 Look is subjective lah. One man's meat is another man's poison. Consider the price vs OMV, I think Altis is pretty fine. Poor FC I not sure. On 17" rubber I can still achieve 12.5km/l driving hard. On good days can hit 13km/l. Definitely subjective. I find the Axio too plain looking, looks like a car which is made during the times of the Toyota Corolla. Bro, what's your driving style? 12.5km/l on 17" is impressive! I'm on stock 15" and the best I did was like 13km/l, usually around the range of 12 - 12.7. I pump Caltex 95. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Passion 5th Gear June 5, 2010 Share June 5, 2010 Definitely subjective. I find the Axio too plain looking, looks like a car which is made during the times of the Toyota Corolla. Bro, what's your driving style? 12.5km/l on 17" is impressive! I'm on stock 15" and the best I did was like 13km/l, usually around the range of 12 - 12.7. I pump Caltex 95. You often highway driving?I only clock around 11.5 to 12km/L rating.I'm driving the new Altis too.As for BM servicing,I think they carrot head us.Heard from friend that Honda servicing only 150+ to 200+ the most for minor.Looks like I'll have to go outside change brake pads before going back for my 40K servicing. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Desmondtwb Clutched June 5, 2010 Share June 5, 2010 You often highway driving?I only clock around 11.5 to 12km/L rating.I'm driving the new Altis too.As for BM servicing,I think they carrot head us.Heard from friend that Honda servicing only 150+ to 200+ the most for minor.Looks like I'll have to go outside change brake pads before going back for my 40K servicing. I'll say 70% highway I find the most fuel efficient speed is from 90 - 100km/hr Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hungee Neutral Newbie June 6, 2010 Author Share June 6, 2010 Definitely subjective. I find the Axio too plain looking, looks like a car which is made during the times of the Toyota Corolla. Bro, what's your driving style? 12.5km/l on 17" is impressive! I'm on stock 15" and the best I did was like 13km/l, usually around the range of 12 - 12.7. I pump Caltex 95. I also Caltex RON95. I do 70-30 (h'way-urban), and I am not exactly light-footed. 12.5km/l is from the meter, actual I reckon 11.5km/l ? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
BrandonChin Neutral Newbie June 14, 2010 Share June 14, 2010 Looks more elegent then the currunt model. Any idea when it is going to launch? ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
2014 Corolla Altis - Technical, Features & Use
2014 Corolla Altis - Technical, Features & Use
Is this Altis bodykits optional??
Is this Altis bodykits optional??
Wheel Bearing Labour cost
Wheel Bearing Labour cost
All new Altis 2014
All new Altis 2014
Steering rack noise on 2010 Altis
Steering rack noise on 2010 Altis
Will the Elantra finally dethrone the Altis in 2018?
Will the Elantra finally dethrone the Altis in 2018?
2017 Toyota Corolla Altis new Facelift
2017 Toyota Corolla Altis new Facelift