Upgrade RAM in my laptop

Followthelaw

Assuming your laptop is no longer under warranty, I suggest you do the upgrade yourself. It is a very simple process. First, determine what type of RAM your laptop uses. Check the user manual such info. Then, go down to places like SLS to get the RAM. To make sure that you are not being overcharged, you can check out prices at www.hardwarezone.com.

Upgrading the RAM is as easy as taking out the old ones and inserting the new ones. I've done it before. It's really that easy.

Good luck!

Neutral Newbie

All relative i suppose. Managed to get 2x 1gb ram for my laptop for $50 at sim lim. My guess is they sell it for cheaper in JB but the downside is u need to make the trip there and not to mention that you got to be wary of robbers, pickpockets etc.

roughly how much to upgrade to 4 gb ram, better pay 1 bucks for shop to do it for me. pc these things i dun know anything,only know how to use

depending on what ram you're using.. ddr1 or ddr2 .. if ddr 1 not possible ..cause you only have 2 slots.. so 2slots X 1 gb only 2 gb max.. if ddr2 you can have 2gb x 2 slots.. pricing wise not sure though but both add up together.. 2 pieces of 2 gb shldnt cost u more den 100. can just do yourself quite simple =)

Planning to upgrade my laptop RAM to 4 GB. Is it cheaper to do in s'pore or JB???????

Just make sure your laptop can support up to 4g ram, some laptops/net book 2 gig is the max.

All relative i suppose. Managed to get 2x 1gb ram for my laptop for $50 at sim lim. My guess is they sell it for cheaper in JB but the downside is u need to make the trip there and not to mention that you got to be wary of robbers, pickpockets etc.

bro, u are wrong... it's not cheaper in JB.. and moreover not worth the trip down... make sure u got the correct rams here... y not go for 2x2gb? it's cheaper now... the shop named best bargain in 5th floor, come out of lift and turn left walk straight one corner shop...

Supercharged

RAM is one of those items that seldom spoil so can consider buying 2nd hand from HWZ marketplace.. I bought a 1gb DDR2 for my notebook for $10.. ^_^

i tot only 64 bit win ops system support 4HB ram? usual 32 bit only support up to 3GB? sorry, im not too sure also, heard it frm my friend, can anyone confirm?

yeah u are right... and those running 32bit XP oso support max up to 3gb only... but no harm putting 4gb, tis is my recommendation cos u dun noe when or wat u may decide to upgrade to 64bit... it's perfectly alright to put 4gb in 32bit OS.... [wave]

Neutral Newbie

yeah u are right... and those running 32bit XP oso support max up to 3gb only... but no harm putting 4gb, tis is my recommendation cos u dun noe when or wat u may decide to upgrade to 64bit... it's perfectly alright to put 4gb in 32bit OS.... [wave]

my 32bit vista with 2GB ram used to be slow at startup. Now improve with 4GB [thumbsup]

32-bit OS max is 4GB, most motherboards comes with integrated graphics, which will tap into part of the 4GB.

If your system support max 3GB, at most a few hundred mbs wasted only.

Planning to upgrade my laptop RAM to 4 GB. Is it cheaper to do in s'pore or JB???????

Upgrade in S'pore .... make sure you get the RAM that is from a local distributor here. Just in case your RAM has problem later on.

My sister's 512MB DDR400 ram from got problem after 3yrs .... but we found out only then that the RAM is not from a local distributor .... so to exchange, we'll have to pay some $$.

Anyway, I bought 2 x 2GB DDR800 ram for PC for $70 which is consider very reasonable .... since I paid $190 for 1GB of DDR800 ram in the past!! [bigcry]