Rafa's 300

JumpySpeedFiend

Milestone for Rafa

When we kick start our Champ League campaign tonight against the Hungarians, Rafa will also be sending his charges out for the 300th time. That's a milestone achieved only by 7 others ex Liverpool managers.

More impressively, his winning percentage is among the highest. If we look at the 2 managers whom he is behind to, I would say that his record is even more impressive. Dalglish basically is managing the team of the decade then and his winning percentage of 61% is not surprising. Paisley inherited a great team from our legendary Shankly and got a 57%. Rafa matches that with his 300 games in-charge "re-building" the team. That in my opinion, is remarkable.

Here are the eight men to reach 300 games at Anfield: Dalglish (61 per cent), Paisley (57 per cent), Benitez (57 per cent), Shankly (52 per cent), Gerard Houllier (51 per cent), Tom Watson (44 per cent), Kay (40 per cent), George Patterson (37 per cent).
Edited by JumpySpeedFiend
↡ Advertisement

Personally I like Rafa alot, his sense of humour, and he reminds me very much of Shankly. The only thing I have problem with is he is very stubborn, which can be good or bad sometimes. Nevertheless, I hope he continue to be Liverpool manager for a very long time.