2010 Hyundai Tucson

Limxiaoming

The new Tucson costs US $225 million to develop.

It looks aggressive and menacing with coupe-like sweeping lines and looks of a premium vehicle, known to us as Hyundai

post-27527-1261982180_thumb.jpg

post-27527-1261982210_thumb.jpg

post-27527-1261982247_thumb.jpg

post-27527-1261982271_thumb.jpg

post-27527-1261982343_thumb.jpg

Edited by Limxiaoming
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I had collection on 5 Jan, fuel consumption 9.4km/L (515Km/54L) with V-power (satday), 90% on highway at 9.6km/L (278km/29L) with V-power (sunday), due to below 1KKm, I have careful control <3k rpm and <100kmh. My old Tucson had 8 to 8.5 km/L.

I had send for repair on 7 Jan, during morning start the car, engine have very high vibration for a minute, and during night time driving, if handligh and aircon are on, the engine have high vibartion also. Komoco did not found any problem, answer the car condition as normal. hope after 1k serve problem are solved. [:(]

based on ur old tucson FC of 8.5km/l and the new tucson 9.6km/l

That is already a 13% improvement in FC.

Hopefully, after 1st servicing ur FC will improve by 20%.

Hi,

Another research says you should rev the engine as much as possible so the mineral oil will bond with the engine parts.

I did that 5 years ago.

Just my 2 cents.

this car is a real disappointment...

the interior plastics look like soft touch, but till you touch it, it's really horrible!!

the rear seat space is also not really spacious...definitely not worth that amount of money!!

Neutral Newbie

I was quite a disappointed after looking at it.

The SUV is actually short, the second row has not much headroom due to the sloping roof and hence not much boot space. There is also no steering-mounted controls. At that price, one should be able to get the steering-mounted controls plus projector headlight and maybe more airbags. It is more expensive than Suzuki GV for the same specs.

If you go for the premium model, the price you pay you can go for the base model of Kia Sorento. You get more car for your money.

It is more like a hatchback on big wheels. But it has good look, no doubt.

Edited by Chooz

CVVT (continuous variable valve timing) should be related to engine and not transmission? CVVT allows the intake and/or exhaust valve timing to be continuously varied during engine operation throughout the RPM range. Would result in higher power output compared to similar capacity engine yet generating better FC. Its transmission should be conventional 6-pd Auto.

Hope the above info helps.

Edited by Avatar_mp3

oh yes...the glass area for the Tucson is not deep enough too, so the car feels much cramp than it is...

the build quality for such car is a no-no la...yet they price it so high...

the Tucson (base model) OMV i think only worth at most $17k...so you calculate how much KMC motors earn from selling 1 Tucson...

Neutral Newbie

I had collection on 5 Jan, fuel consumption 9.4km/L (515Km/54L) with V-power (satday), 90% on highway at 9.6km/L (278km/29L) with V-power (sunday), due to below 1KKm, I have careful control <3k rpm and <100kmh. My old Tucson had 8 to 8.5 km/L.

I had send for repair on 7 Jan, during morning start the car, engine have very high vibration for a minute, and during night time driving, if handligh and aircon are on, the engine have high vibartion also. Komoco did not found any problem, answer the car condition as normal. hope after 1k serve problem are solved. [:(]

How is your ride? Better?

Am quite concern too, as I am getting the same Tucson, awaiting delivery in late Jan or early Feb.

oh yes...the glass area for the Tucson is not deep enough too, so the car feels much cramp than it is...

the build quality for such car is a no-no la...yet they price it so high...

the Tucson (base model) OMV i think only worth at most $17k...so you calculate how much KMC motors earn from selling 1 Tucson...

Based on ur assumption of OMV $17k with COE of $22k,

Basic cost = 2.28 * $17k + $22k = $60,760

Gross Margin = $79,299 - $60,760 = $18,539

% Margin = 31%

of course, you gotta factor in registration fee, 1/2yr roadtax and radio license, No.plate and IU registration and installation, shipping (freight), storage (warehouse), still KMC takes quite a huge profit from the car la...

Maybe Avante not earning them much money so have to kope their profits from Tucson...

Avante 1.6S(A) - OMV $11,775 with COE of $20k,

Basic cost = 2.28 * $11,775 + $20k = $46,847

Gross Margin = $56,699 - $46,847 = $9,852

% Margin = 21%

Edited by Wintersonata

Neutral Newbie
[thumbsdown] Now is 3kkm, after the 1st sev, I had travel M'sia every weekend, FC is between 7.9 - 8.4 km/l, the best FC obtain is 8.4km/l, my old TUS is better FC. May be it is some thing(QC) wrong on my new TUS. [bigcry]

korean cars will always be heavy drinkers la...let's face it...even if they use 164bhp Theta-II 6A/T engine...it'll still be the same...

it's their body that is heavy...so even if it had a more powerful engine, more gears, it'll still drink...and drink like a Korean at that!!

[thumbsdown] Now is 3kkm, after the 1st sev, I had travel M'sia every weekend, FC is between 7.9 - 8.4 km/l, the best FC obtain is 8.4km/l, my old TUS is better FC. May be it is some thing(QC) wrong on my new TUS. [bigcry]

FC almost the same as my Santa Fe.. [sweatdrop]

Edited by Multi

i can only imagine the Genesis 3.3V6 or Equus 3.8V6 or Hyundai Veracruz 3.8V6...drink like hell!!

Hyundai and Kia still have a long way to go la...improving their quality, image and fuel efficiency...especially for larger cars (2.0L and above)...

the japanese now can worry about how to compete with the continentals, especially with such premium pricing on their cars...

the Koreans are their 2nd worry...not their priority now...

↡ Advertisement