Jump to content

Ecezma


Donut
 Share

Recommended Posts

Neutral Newbie

I also have ecezma ... so i control what i eat... .... i also take goat milk which say help to ease the ecezma abit... now... not too serious... less itchy...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Using those cream only wear off the affected area, but if u stop using it, it will come back sooner or later depending on ur body, i have eczema and it's neva really cured

Link to post
Share on other sites

steroid cream is provide relief and not good for long term use.

 

my son had it when he was young and i tried everything, from traditional to modern medicine.

 

wat is effective for him:

1. cream for instant relief

2. bathe using water from boiling a type of grass (can buy from med hall or giant) for general relief

3. drink pineapple vinegar every nite -3 months later, his eczema is almost gone. sporadic and mild nowadays and dun come when he takes seafood, which is the biggest trigger for him

 

if dun mind queing, go natl skin centre to take the allergy test so that u know wat triggers the eczema.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry guys from i what i know.... eczema might be caused by allergens. So different ppl have different allergies.

 

Just go to the National Skin Ctr to have them check on you which group you belong.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Supercharged

thanks to all.

 

just went for allergy blood test.... wait for 3 or 4 weeks for test results to come out..... sigh...

Link to post
Share on other sites

dont use harsh soaps...my skin is sensitive to surrounding temperature and most body soaps.

 

i only use a brand called isetami (if i got it correctly) to wash my body. it is recommended by my ex-skin doc....been using it for years.....can be brought at guardians/pharmacies ..

Link to post
Share on other sites

my kid is having too, but lucky not too serious....just itchy like hell...

 

apply steroid cream initially...

bath can only use pinetarsol....effective on her, no big problem since started using 2 years ago...

 

 

 

steroid cream is provide relief and not good for long term use.

 

my son had it when he was young and i tried everything, from traditional to modern medicine.

 

wat is effective for him:

1. cream for instant relief

2. bathe using water from boiling a type of grass (can buy from med hall or giant) for general relief

3. drink pineapple vinegar every nite -3 months later, his eczema is almost gone. sporadic and mild nowadays and dun come when he takes seafood, which is the biggest trigger for him

 

if dun mind queing, go natl skin centre to take the allergy test so that u know wat triggers the eczema.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have eczema as well, what the others mentioned is right, it can only be controlled.

 

Doctor gave me anti-histamines and steroid cream to relieve itch, I would unknowingly scratch the affected areas at night and end up with raw skin in the morning.

 

Don't shower with warm water, it triggers your body to release more histamines which will aggravate the itch. Avoid soap as well, use a PH balanced cleanser.

 

Use a moisturizer if your skin is dry, look at the label and avoid those which contains urea; urea aggravates itching as well.

 

Keep your surrounding clean, avoid mushrooms, shellfish, alcohol and nuts if you are having rashes.

 

Leading a healthy lifestle helps, tried TCM for couple of months, was given herbs to "tune/balance" body. It did control the condition, stopped as it takes 4 hours to brew the concoction each time.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Live happy and Stress free

Use PH 7 product as much as possible

Use good moisturizing cream

 

Eat well n Excise well

 

these are long term advise I got from Dr Joyce

 

these virus wun go away but can be control [:)]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Allergy test to find out what stuff cause the allergic reaction is not very useful. This I hear from a Dermatologist himself. He said that it will changes after sometime. Meaning if now a patient shows bad allergic reactions to nuts, few years later the same test may show different results.

 

For Eczema patients, need to maintain short fingernails...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

For Eczema patients, need to maintain short fingernails...

 

i can vouch for that..wake up in the morning with blood on my pillow and bed. and i look at the skin on my arms that i've unknowingly scratched off with unimaginable ferocity.

Link to post
Share on other sites

that middle of the night scratching can actually affect ur sleep and make u feel even more tired the next day.

 

antihistamine helps to make me sleep w/o the itch disturbing me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks to all.

 

just went for allergy blood test.... wait for 3 or 4 weeks for test results to come out..... sigh...

 

You mean you can find out what you are allergic to by doing blood test? I thought must do patch test?

 

Where did you do the blood test?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Im in my late 30s now and I had eczema ever since I was 18. Mine was only on the face and it was real bad. There were many times when I just do not want to leave the house as people keep asking me what happened to my face. I suffered for years and had spent money on products looking for a cure. Recently, I decided to see a skin speacialist in Yishun. I was told that my problem was not eczema and it was atopic dermatitis. I paid $150 for consultation and medication and with regular maintanence using the products, my skin is cleared of it and I feel more confident.

 

Eczema is triggered by many factors...stress is one of them. Evening primrose oil, b complex, royal jelly, apple cider vinegar etc...i have tried it all. Steroid cream, need to be used sparingly as it will thin the skin. else, you will have two different skin tone, especially if u apply it on the face. And I am talking from experience. Many years ago, doctors prescribed prednosolone...but nowadays they don't due to the long term effects on the liver.

 

My advice is..spend some money and see a skin speacialist. I had gone to NSC many years back, but they did not manage to 'cure' me. There is no cure for eczema, according to Western medicine. However, I am happy with my current situation now. Having said that, some people have had success with TCM, and others have not. For TCM, you need to find a really good physician with good track record with regards to eczema. When I had severe whitespots all over my back when I was a teenager, my mom brought me to Joo Chiat Complex i think. Sinseh Tengkorak. chinese physician for the Malaysian Royal family. I was given something to boil and drink...the whitespots cleared in a week.

 

Btw If you need the address of the speacialist, google orchardmd.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm facing similar problem too... Didn't have any skin problem when young till my mid 20s when I started work... it has been bugging me since for more than a decade [:(]

 

Taking oral steriod(prednisolone) sure works but I'm aware of the side effect... The various steriod creams have resulted in skin thinning & growth of hairs in areas where I've applied for prolong period(legs which I'm sure is due to the cream as I'm not the "hairy" type till I started using those creams).

 

Is the medication prescribe to you from this specialist fr Orchardmd steriod-based as well? If not, I'll be keen to check out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...