Layer trackclaw over collinite 915 possible ?

Verve

as above.

thinking about how to further improve the wet gilat look.

it seems i reach a threshold. the car looks good but still cant match many wet cars i see in the mscp, i ever touch some ot them and they feel rough, wonder how they did it.

some bros tell me prep work is 90%, i have done my best with claybar and dg101.

followed by collinite 915 and aquawax.

how can i further improve.

is this the limitation of hand polish or do i now need to go to machine?

suspect i am going to the dark side though.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Try ES over your 915. The shine [cool].

Trackclaw will add wetness.

I use ES followed by trackclaw, best of both worlds.

Neutral Newbie

Not sure about the curing time for 915, calling for maddetailer.

This is what i do.

After using 501, i will go clean and do up the interior and leather seats.

About an hour later, ES, 10 min later ES another layer.

If i not too shag i will layer the trackclaw with 601.

after that [sunny] .

Neutral Newbie

Prepwork is the key (and I don't mean just claying and dg101). You can only get the wettest shine when the paint is truly level, free from even the tiniest swirl/OP or other defects. You can only do that with a machine and a compound/heavy polish.

just to ask

i layered trackclaw over 915, no increase in wetness, slightly mute the wax glo and not really much smoother.

i apply and buff off 30 mins later,

am i missing a step.

many thanks, this may benefit all trackclaw users too.

just to ask

i layered trackclaw over 915, no increase in wetness, slightly mute the wax glo and not really much smoother.

i apply and buff off 30 mins later,

am i missing a step.

many thanks, this may benefit all trackclaw users too.

Since both are LSP..Most of the time I recommend either one of them to be LSP..I wont recommend Trackclaw over 915 reason since Trackclaw is a sealant..The trackclaw has lot of telfon in it..It has great slickness..I am not sure what it wll turn out to be having TC over 915..

Bro Verve..you applied Trackclaw immediately over 915??

Edited by Maddriver

can i also ask,

since 915 is a wax, and enviro and trackclaw are sealants

can i apply 105 or enviro or trackclaw after polish and then wax with 915.

are there any recommended products in the dg range for polish that is abrasive.

i need to intensively polish but it seems that 101 being a chemical polish don t cut it

autoglym is cheap and good (resin polish) but the car changed from sapphire black to a tad greyish after polish.

i had to put dg101 to give it a wet black look before 915

bro you truly deserve some commendation for your patience and top notch service attitude when it comes to forumers asking questions and you answer so fast.

i will ask all my kaki to support your dg products and also because its the best in price and quality i used so far.

can i also ask,

since 915 is a wax, and enviro and trackclaw are sealants

can i apply 105 or enviro or trackclaw after polish and then wax with 915.

are there any recommended products in the dg range for polish that is abrasive.

i need to intensively polish but it seems that 101 being a chemical polish don t cut it

autoglym is cheap and good (resin polish) but the car changed from sapphire black to a tad greyish after polish.

i had to put dg101 to give it a wet black look before 915

bro you truly deserve some commendation for your patience and top notch service attitude when it comes to forumers asking questions and you answer so fast.

i will ask all my kaki to support your dg products and also because its the best in price and quality i used so far.

Hi Bro Verve..Thank for your compliment..I will try my very best to help.. [thumbsup]

You can have ES or 105 before wax..If you go through the steps like polish>sealant>wax..It will be quite tiring..So usually my advice is polish>sealant or polish>wax..

At this moment Duragloss do not have something that is really abrasive..The 101 and 501 are more like a cleaner AIO then a real polish..At least they can be used as often as you like..

Hi Bro Verve..Thank for your compliment..I will try my very best to help.. [thumbsup]

You can have ES or 105 before wax..If you go through the steps like polish>sealant>wax..It will be quite tiring..So usually my advice is polish>sealant or polish>wax..

At this moment Duragloss do not have something that is really abrasive..The 101 and 501 are more like a cleaner AIO then a real polish..At least they can be used as often as you like..

Hi Ben,

I thought your swirl mark remover #671 more abbrasive than #101 or #501. Pls correct me if i was wrong

When are you going to launch the new DG items? Pls reserve each of new item to me lol ... [:p]

Hi Ben,

I thought your swirl mark remover #671 more abbrasive than #101 or #501. Pls correct me if i was wrong

When are you going to launch the new DG items? Pls reserve each of new item to me lol ... [:p]

oopss...My bad..Swirl remover 671 will be more abrasive..

Noted..i ill let you guys know when the items arrived..

↡ Advertisement