Perodua Club Singapore

Cunnosieur

you never change before? whats your mileage... cos mine is auto so i change it every 10k or 20k.. if my 10k reaches before 2 months i will change it at 10k but if its over a 3 months period then at 20k.. cos the more heavy duty the faster it wears out and auto car got no engine brake unlike manual car like Good Carbuyer who change at 50k... the beauty of manual cAAA r hehehe

the stock brake pads is about rm60-70 for the ones in front, back brake pads changes at 100k... that one i think more expensive i never change before so dunno the price hehe

you never change before? whats your mileage... cos mine is auto so i change it every 10k or 20k.. if my 10k reaches before 2 months i will change it at 10k but if its over a 3 months period then at 20k.. cos the more heavy duty the faster it wears out and auto car got no engine brake unlike manual car like Good Carbuyer who change at 50k... the beauty of manual cAAA r hehehe

the stock brake pads is about rm60-70 for the ones in front, back brake pads changes at 100k... that one i think more expensive i never change before so dunno the price hehe

I thought the brake shoes for the rear brake drum can easily last the 10-years COE (assume 20k km per year)? My previous Suzuki 800 never need brake shoes replacement for over 9.5 years (estimated balance service life of 5 more years). [:p] Kelisa/Uno stock brake pads last over 60k km respectively. [laugh] I believe Myvi/Panda also like that [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Previously i use stock brake pad of my auto viva for 2yr plus no problem lei.

Frequently using engine brake with my auto gearbox.... so far no problem.

Using higher grade atf oil and change slighly earlier to protect the gearbox.

Now using honda brake kit. Nv look back to original brake kit. Hahas

Previously i use stock brake pad of my auto viva for 2yr plus no problem lei.

Frequently using engine brake with my auto gearbox.... so far no problem.

Using higher grade atf oil and change slighly earlier to protect the gearbox.

Now using honda brake kit. Nv look back to original brake kit. Hahas

I believe certain Honda model use same brake pads as Kelisa, too. Perhaps all Japanese cars of certain spec the same for some components.

Neutral Newbie

I believe certain Honda model use same brake pads as Kelisa, too. Perhaps all Japanese cars of certain spec the same for some components.

The one im using the caliper, rotor and brake pad are much bigger than the stock.

The pads are easily available too.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys, we, Proton owners, are trying to arrange a meet-up among ourselves, pls check out the Protonist Meet-up sessions thread and join us if you can!

[wave] [wave] [wave]

Hahas.... wld like to join u guys when possible.

Sometimes kelisa club also meet up tgt with proton savvy guys...

i paranoid so i tend to throw my brake pads before its time.. usually workshop will tell me can still use, but i throw them at 20k... its a piece of mind thingy... but i have used it once for up to 35k before throwing it, still got some left... i drive in small roads so i used my brakes very often... when i first got my car within 6 weeks i clock 10k, then 4 weeks later 10k again then another 6 weeks i was at my 30k... i changed my brake pads at 20k... then when i reach 30k, my brake pads left 10% hahaha... then the next one that i changed was the next 10k, cos drove to malacca hahaha... anyway after that usage went down so i used the next brake pad for 35k then in between i throw and change its cos i bought bendix, use for 2k then was my major servicing and i heard from a brother that his rotors kenah makan so change back to stock... so still stick on to stock... wont be changing till 30k i guess...

i usually change brake pads, spark plugs and wheel alignment when i travel for roadtrips cos im very kiasu

i last check with Perodua they say recommended for rear is 100k... checked with Tampoi and ros merah

in fact perodua told me that ATF change is at 40k, confirmed by John from Peroxxx.. but most of the kelisa old birds change at 30k for atf and 30k for brake fluid and 30k for power steering... but all the other workshop tells you 20k... sometimes they may wanna make quick buck outta ya... maybe thats why they say of the rear brakepad having to change at 100k...

previously my ford laser and hyundai getz like never change before hhaha... one was 160k and the other was 70k when i sold them

Edited by Meganut

i paranoid so i tend to throw my brake pads before its time.. usually workshop will tell me can still use, but i throw them at 20k... its a piece of mind thingy... but i have used it once for up to 35k before throwing it, still got some left... i drive in small roads so i used my brakes very often... when i first got my car within 6 weeks i clock 10k, then 4 weeks later 10k again then another 6 weeks i was at my 30k... i changed my brake pads at 20k... then when i reach 30k, my brake pads left 10% hahaha... then the next one that i changed was the next 10k, cos drove to malacca hahaha... anyway after that usage went down so i used the next brake pad for 35k then in between i throw and change its cos i bought bendix, use for 2k then was my major servicing and i heard from a brother that his rotors kenah makan so change back to stock... so still stick on to stock... wont be changing till 30k i guess...

i usually change brake pads, spark plugs and wheel alignment when i travel for roadtrips cos im very kiasu

i last check with Perodua they say recommended for rear is 100k... checked with Tampoi and ros merah

in fact perodua told me that ATF change is at 40k, confirmed by John from Peroxxx.. but most of the kelisa old birds change at 30k for atf and 30k for brake fluid and 30k for power steering... but all the other workshop tells you 20k... sometimes they may wanna make quick buck outta ya... maybe thats why they say of the rear brakepad having to change at 100k...

previously my ford laser and hyundai getz like never change before hhaha... one was 160k and the other was 70k when i sold them

Can refer to Owner's Handbook for servicing/inspection intervals. If you got no Owner's Handbook I can give you my Kelisa's which is about the same.

Most cars here replace brake pads around 40k km (my previous Kelisa after 60k km). Some brake pad material do affect the rotor. Must replace brake pads when worn down to less than 1.5mm (braking performance can be affected by overheated brake pad metal)

At $2.50 each, Copper electrode spark plugs are cheap enough but can last longer than 50k km for my previous Kelisa

Wheel balancing a must do with each tyre replaced/repaired

Rear brake shoes: none of my cars ever need replacement even after 9.5 years with close to 200k km travelled (still got estimated 5 years usage life left). It was a Suzuki 800 (unladen weight 630kg). Likewise the shock absorbers were like brand new due to the light weight car)

Brake fluid, never replenished any, except when overhauled my previous Mini brakes and replaceing worn wheel cyclinders on Suzuki 800. If you seldom jammed brakes, they last much longer (practice proper hypermiling)

Steering fluid, I never felt the need for nice-looking coloured fluid, so never replenished

Automatic Transmission Fluid: much cheaper to replenish punctually to avoid/defer costly replacement of convertor

Manual transmission gear oil: only replenished when doing servicing for CV joints at 50k to 60k (goad roads) km (to avoid CV joints replacement cost)

Off-road: do all wheel alignment as soon as you feel the steering loosen.

Check all brake lights, trafficators, headlamps, side lights, fog lights regularly especially if we drive at night/in the rain.

Safer to replace tire when worn to less than 4mm tread depth (if driving fast in the rain). Do not wait for wear markers to show up

Must replace any worn/faulty shock absrobers to avoid losing control of car when we jammed brakes. OPC more likely to have seized sbock absorbers

I believe cheaper to do CV joints servicing than CV joints replacement (usually not done, and they got worn out soon)

Kindly add on if I missed anything

Bro, care to share where u service the CV joint for Myvi last time and how much was the cost?

CV joint is only the front right? [shocked]

Kelisa was $90/- for labour + 1 tin of lithium based grease. Gear oil replenishment I can not recall. Definitely very much cheaper than replace CV joints with the drive shafts.

I believe only 4X4 got CV joints at the rear.

↡ Advertisement