E-Jazz Neutral Newbie September 5, 2010 Share September 5, 2010 (edited) Hi all, Anyone using such an item shown in the image below? I know some cars only come with one. I have also read that some people actually modify it to have 3. But I am quite reluctant to do any form of modification. So was searching for alternatives and came about such ciggy lighter splitter. Not sure if they are safe for usage and wondering if anyone is using such items in their cars. Thanks Edited September 5, 2010 by E-Jazz ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Achtung7 Neutral Newbie September 5, 2010 Share September 5, 2010 yes i have.... how unsafe can it be? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
E-Jazz Neutral Newbie September 5, 2010 Author Share September 5, 2010 yes i have.... how unsafe can it be? Hi Achtung7, Regarding the unsafe part, its just me being noobish haha. Very new to owning a car for me. Before that, I drove friends cars so never had to think that much about all the details, but since I am collecting my own ride soon, I thought I should research around. Cause I may end up investing in one of those since I know for sure I will need one slot for my GPS. Thanks for replying =) Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Parkingidiot 1st Gear September 5, 2010 Share September 5, 2010 Hi all, Anyone using such an item shown in the image below? I am using exactly the same model. Use it to power my car cam, an air freshener, and my car vacuum. Been using for a year, no problems so far. Bought from Giant at IMM. Can't remeber the price, but not too expensive. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
E-Jazz Neutral Newbie September 5, 2010 Author Share September 5, 2010 (edited) I am using exactly the same model. Use it to power my car cam, an air freshener, and my car vacuum. Been using for a year, no problems so far. Bought from Giant at IMM. Can't remeber the price, but not too expensive. I see. I wonder if they sell it at petrol kiosk or those DIY or challenger stores. Thanks for the info. =) Edited September 5, 2010 by E-Jazz Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dafansu Turbocharged September 5, 2010 Share September 5, 2010 (edited) been using a four splitters for more than 5 years. previously linked one to phone charging , one to liquid air purifier, one to ion air purifier, one to the decorative dice light Edited September 5, 2010 by Dafansu Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
WTF 4th Gear September 5, 2010 Share September 5, 2010 (edited) I see. I wonder if they sell it at petrol kiosk or those DIY or challenger stores. Thanks for the info. =) Have seen it at those DIY stores and Mustafa, not sure about petrol kiosk or The Challenger. Congratulations to your new ride!!! Edited September 5, 2010 by WTF Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Icyfreakass 1st Gear September 5, 2010 Share September 5, 2010 Autobacs have. Saw before. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vulcann 6th Gear September 5, 2010 Share September 5, 2010 Autobacs have. Saw before. Have exactly the same one in your pic. Quite common to find it in any auto shop like what other bros ahve mentioned. Can rig it directly to the source and you can save the original ciggy lighter slot for other uses. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tarzan666 2nd Gear September 5, 2010 Share September 5, 2010 I have a 3 in 1 cig socket which comes with 3 switches.so i can switch on & off when necessary. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vulcann 6th Gear September 6, 2010 Share September 6, 2010 My unit is mounted on the side of the gear box next to the car seat: You need a strong double-side tape to mount it. As for the rigging to the source, you need a mechanic to do that for you. Else just plug it onto the default ciggy lighter source. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zenithpool 2nd Gear September 6, 2010 Share September 6, 2010 Using a 1-to-3 splitter, each with a on off switch so can just on which ever is in use, and off those that are not in use. bought from autobacs. ard $30 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gadgeter 2nd Gear September 6, 2010 Share September 6, 2010 Hi all, Anyone using such an item shown in the image below? I know some cars only come with one. I have also read that some people actually modify it to have 3. But I am quite reluctant to do any form of modification. So was searching for alternatives and came about such ciggy lighter splitter. Not sure if they are safe for usage and wondering if anyone is using such items in their cars. Thanks I have this as well. very safe lah.. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
E-Jazz Neutral Newbie September 6, 2010 Author Share September 6, 2010 (edited) been using a four splitters for more than 5 years. previously linked one to phone charging , one to liquid air purifier, one to ion air purifier, one to the decorative dice light Alright, thanks for sharing =) Have seen it at those DIY stores and Mustafa, not sure about petrol kiosk or The Challenger. Congratulations to your new ride!!! Noted. Thanks :) Autobacs have. Saw before. Okay, guess I have to drop by soon haha. Thanks Have exactly the same one in your pic. Quite common to find it in any auto shop like what other bros ahve mentioned. Can rig it directly to the source and you can save the original ciggy lighter slot for other uses. I see, but I doubt I'll rig it to the source. I am hoping to keep it un-modified in any way haha. Thanks =) I have a 3 in 1 cig socket which comes with 3 switches.so i can switch on & off when necessary. Good one, think I may just keep a look out for the 3 switch version. Thanks =) My unit is mounted on the side of the gear box next to the car seat: You need a strong double-side tape to mount it. As for the rigging to the source, you need a mechanic to do that for you. Else just plug it onto the default ciggy lighter source. Cool thing. Thanks for pic =P Using a 1-to-3 splitter, each with a on off switch so can just on which ever is in use, and off those that are not in use. bought from autobacs. ard $30 Okay, noted on the price as well. On off switch seems like a good idea as well. Thanks =) Edited September 6, 2010 by E-Jazz Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
E-Jazz Neutral Newbie September 6, 2010 Author Share September 6, 2010 I have this as well. very safe lah.. haha okay =) Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Parkingidiot 1st Gear September 6, 2010 Share September 6, 2010 my biggest issue using this device is the proper mounting for it. The problem is that the shape of the device (3 point + 1 usb) - is not flat... it's a bit rounded at the 3 cigarette lighter points. So even with 3M tape, the device does not stay on long as after a while of plugging in and out devices, the mounting loosens, and the device drops. Any one with a better idea of how to mount it securely? Trying not to drill holes or such drastic things - any kind of clamp? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fullmetalalchemist Neutral Newbie September 6, 2010 Share September 6, 2010 Buy from Mustafa, think it cost 5 buckaroos Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
E-Jazz Neutral Newbie September 6, 2010 Author Share September 6, 2010 Buy from Mustafa, think it cost 5 buckaroos That's cheap. ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
Lighter rims necessarily good?
Lighter rims necessarily good?
Mounting tyres with lighter fluid??
Mounting tyres with lighter fluid??
Warning: Car charger with 2 USB and Cigarette Lighter
Warning: Car charger with 2 USB and Cigarette Lighter
Car cigarette lighter socket not working
Car cigarette lighter socket not working
Leaving car dvr in lighter socket drains power?
Leaving car dvr in lighter socket drains power?
On a lighter note! Batman!
On a lighter note! Batman!
Which rim is lighter?
Which rim is lighter?
Wallet became lighter
Wallet became lighter