Rx2612 Neutral Newbie September 13, 2011 Share September 13, 2011 Any bros have recommendation for pros with I.C.E. On Lexus? hi:bro which model is ur lexus ,i had just done up my rx300 using DLS spks/ampilfer and changed to alpine player. call me for an chat @82323799,calvin ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
S7rik3R Clutched September 13, 2011 Author Share September 13, 2011 (edited) Just remove the main ICE fuse fromt he battery terminal. The whole ICE system will be disconnected. If it's got to do with thie ICE, then the problem should go away. If it doesn't go away, check if your radiator fan is working and is your water temperature normal. BTW, they should have used 4 guage power cables instead of the tiny 8 guage. Thanks for sharing the details on the cables as for the radiator fan is working fine but the water temperature doesn't looks good due to the faulty sensor that shorter during wiring. And since you mention about that cables, luckily I check the cables myself on that day and realise that one of the rca cable has broken end and causes noise disturbance instead of music. Edited September 13, 2011 by S7rik3R Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ithunk 1st Gear September 13, 2011 Share September 13, 2011 previous 2 honda ride oso similar problem as yours ask around quite a few workshop findings the same nobody knew wat wrong in the end so tl n changed ride lol too much money Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ithunk 1st Gear September 13, 2011 Share September 13, 2011 (edited) Your FIT only has a small battery. It will be under a lot of stress with all the ICE. Your alternator would also be under extreme load, trying to power all the equipment, and charge the battery at the same time. The main thing is does disconnecting all the ICE gives you back your previous performance? ya i think a bigger batt will be needed....but then again u will have to change the batt mounting rack which can be done Edited September 13, 2011 by Ithunk Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
S7rik3R Clutched September 13, 2011 Author Share September 13, 2011 (edited) but u change already is still the same rite ? I make a trip down to PI in the afternoon and told them if they cant find the fault now so what should I do next? The only solution is to change the sensor and see how ... so PI already order the sensor and had it replace tomorrow ... hopefully it can fix the issue cause it wasted so much of my time :angry: :angry: Due to water coolant sensor down, it might damage the engine as the overheating is unavoidable. Luckily my car still manage to reach the destination which generate so much heat and smelly fume worst than carbon monoxide. Edited September 13, 2011 by S7rik3R Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ithunk 1st Gear September 13, 2011 Share September 13, 2011 Engine light on can lead to many many possibilities error..maybe it dosent do wif ur ICE.. Do ur car feel less power?will it juddered when high RPM? maybe is ur oil pressure switch fail. And try reset ECu, and performed VTEC test.. yes i agree ice will have nothing to do with CEL Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Genes 6th Gear September 13, 2011 Share September 13, 2011 Thanks for sharing the details on the cables as for the radiator fan is working fine but the water temperature doesn't looks good due to the faulty sensor that shorter during wiring. And since you mention about that cables, luckily I check the cables myself on that day and realise that one of the rca cable has broken end and causes noise disturbance instead of music. I really think U should PM some of the guys here at your own discretion and ask for a good audio installer who is more able to help u troubleshoot. I believe if u go to ICE forums to ask for help, they would also be able to point u to a good audio shop to help u solve ur problems. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Picanto 3rd Gear September 13, 2011 Share September 13, 2011 why not give up ICE? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
S7rik3R Clutched September 13, 2011 Author Share September 13, 2011 Your FIT only has a small battery. It will be under a lot of stress with all the ICE. Your alternator would also be under extreme load, trying to power all the equipment, and charge the battery at the same time. The main thing is does disconnecting all the ICE gives you back your previous performance? Yup i realise that. So before I install the I.C.E, I have long throw that small useless 30A Yuasa battery. I'm sure of the name of the battery but it starts with a "Y" ... So my ride already using a Higher Amp Amaron battery before I.C.E was installed. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
S7rik3R Clutched September 13, 2011 Author Share September 13, 2011 Like some bros whom may have advised. I suggest you go back to a reliable audio workshop that you trust (after all, he is the neutral party after all), disconnect all your connection to the I.C.E , reset your E.C.U and wait 5 mins before you start your vehicle. If the C.E.L light is gone, then you could pin-point that the fault either with the I.C.E or the workmanship. If the C.E.L still lighted, your car does has a problem (which has not surfaced) before your installation of I.C.E. Then you probably can approach your P.I (with the I.C.E removed) for assistance. Hope this help. I will just have to hear from what the PI gonna say after the replace the sensor. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
S7rik3R Clutched September 13, 2011 Author Share September 13, 2011 ya i think a bigger batt will be needed....but then again u will have to change the batt mounting rack which can be done When it comes to Custom Modification, I only head over to one place ... "FK" Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
S7rik3R Clutched September 13, 2011 Author Share September 13, 2011 why not give up ICE? I just had my ICE installed for one week ... and now it makes me "HOT" Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
S7rik3R Clutched September 13, 2011 Author Share September 13, 2011 I really think U should PM some of the guys here at your own discretion and ask for a good audio installer who is more able to help u troubleshoot. I believe if u go to ICE forums to ask for help, they would also be able to point u to a good audio shop to help u solve ur problems. Ok I will try to search around and ask some advice from ICE experts. Thanks Bro Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Genes 6th Gear September 13, 2011 Share September 13, 2011 Ok I will try to search around and ask some advice from ICE experts. Thanks Bro No problem. Am no expert, but I really think tracing the wires SHOULD give an idea of where it all went wrong. Good luck! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Renegade777 5th Gear September 13, 2011 Share September 13, 2011 (edited) Yup I will inform my direct agent to remove the I.C.E wiring on Monday and check which part of the wiring did they connect wrongly. As for the Fuse, which fuse do you mean? The Amplifier and Monobloc fuse connect directly to the Car Battery?? Sorry. I am not sure too. A month ago my car can start engine but gear could not shift to drive. Radio and headlights still working but the instrumental meter lights at the dashboard all not working. Think engine light came on. Mechanic check with dignostic tools and replace fuse and car could move after that Upon reaching home, switch off the engine. Later, I decided to go out and started my car and the same problem surfaced. Mechanic find it weird and asked me what did I installed which I said nothing. After thinking for awhile, I said me did install some kind of under carriage lights at the rear of my car. Mechanic went to check and found my lights has been scrapped off by the road curbs and the wire was dangling on the floor. He removed the dangling wire touching the floor and now no more issues leow. I think the wire dangling on the floor shorted and render my car so much problems. Luckily, I can see the cause of my wires giving me the problem. Edited September 13, 2011 by Renegade777 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
S7rik3R Clutched September 13, 2011 Author Share September 13, 2011 No problem. Am no expert, but I really think tracing the wires SHOULD give an idea of where it all went wrong. Good luck! The PI told me in the afternoon that they have trace all the cables and seems to be fine except for the ICE cabling which I'm not sure if they have do any checking. I guess the PI only checks on the OEM. While the third party they will only trace upon request. But I inform them just remove any cabling to the amplifier just to make sure where the fault lies. Cause the PI will call me first for advice before they proceed with other stuff. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
S7rik3R Clutched September 13, 2011 Author Share September 13, 2011 Sorry. I am not sure too. A month ago my car can start engine but gear could not shift to drive. Radio and headlights still working but the instrumental meter lights at the dashboard all not working. Think engine light came on. Mechanic check with dignostic tools and replace fuse and car could move after that Upon reaching home, switch off the engine. Later, I decided to go out and started my car and the same problem surfaced. Mechanic find it weird and asked me what did I installed which I said nothing. After thinking for awhile, I said me did install some kind of under carriage lights at the rear of my car. Mechanic went to check and found my lights has been scrapped off by the road curbs and the wire was dangling on the floor. He removed the dangling wire touching the floor and now no more issues leow. I think the wire dangling on the floor shorted and render my car so much problems. Luckily, I can see the cause of my wires giving me the problem. Lucky you ... can fix the small issue which is open surface. Mine is ICE and all are cable inside which makes things more difficult and troublesome to find. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Headshok 1st Gear September 13, 2011 Share September 13, 2011 I make a trip down to PI in the afternoon and told them if they cant find the fault now so what should I do next? The only solution is to change the sensor and see how ... so PI already order the sensor and had it replace tomorrow ... hopefully it can fix the issue cause it wasted so much of my time :angry: :angry: Due to water coolant sensor down, it might damage the engine as the overheating is unavoidable. Luckily my car still manage to reach the destination which generate so much heat and smelly fume worst than carbon monoxide. just another question, did anyone check the fuses? Could be during installation, the guy shorted out something and blew the fuse. resulting in the sensor failure. could be just need to change the fuse. maybe u can check this out if its not too late. Cheers ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
ICE ICE baby - Internal Combustion Engine Only Chat
ICE ICE baby - Internal Combustion Engine Only Chat
Engine Mounting
Engine Mounting
MOM help FTs look for jobs ?
MOM help FTs look for jobs ?
24HRs Free Technical Help Desk for your Automotive problems
24HRs Free Technical Help Desk for your Automotive problems
Direct Injection Engine - Intake Valve Cleaning
Direct Injection Engine - Intake Valve Cleaning
WWE Wrestling Fans, able to help or share this?
WWE Wrestling Fans, able to help or share this?
Plumber Recommendations please!
Plumber Recommendations please!