Darryn Turbocharged September 17, 2012 Share September 17, 2012 This morning when I came to work, the whole carpark was littered with 7th Month offerings that had blown from the incinerator. This I don't understand. I'm just an ignorant furriner but it seems to me that there's a couple of takes on this 1. The offerings are burnt to send them to the "otherworld". If you are supposed to burn them, but don't - isn't that like throwing away stuff? Wouldn't be equivalent to drawing money for your parents, and then flushing it down the toilet? 2. If I did something like that, my grandparents would haunt me mercilessly 3. If you don't really believe, and are just doing this for the sake of tradition - don't you care that you are making one hell of a mess all other the place? It just perplexes me. I don't get it. ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RadX Moderator September 17, 2012 Share September 17, 2012 go to the noticed thread. your post will be there ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Related Discussions
Related Discussions
How to tell if someone is high or low class?
How to tell if someone is high or low class?
Someone left a bag containing $40k on bus 63
Someone left a bag containing $40k on bus 63
How to stop someone from digging/picking his nose?
How to stop someone from digging/picking his nose?
I succeeded in getting someone to turn off his high beam!
I succeeded in getting someone to turn off his high beam!
New house kanna splash paint
New house kanna splash paint
How to persuade someone to seek help for possible depression
How to persuade someone to seek help for possible depression
How to Hack your (or someone else) Car
How to Hack your (or someone else) Car
AD bidding practice is dubious - someone pls explain?
AD bidding practice is dubious - someone pls explain?