MOE kindergartens primary schools priority phase 2a2

Kurumanbo

just some trivia for those who do not know as still do not need to know ….

we all should know that proximity priority for primary school admission is 1km …. then followed by 2 km.

and that SC has absolute priority over non-SC.

but did you know that the kid has to be residing in the same address for at least 30 months before the kid is considered for the proximity priority ?

just read this last night … meaning for the common person, you have to move to a preferred school location to qualify for the proximity priority at least 2.5 years before registration starts !

there goes my consideration for the sale of balance flats …

I think your infor is wrong, at least 30 mths from commencement of P1 registration, not before. 

Even so, a child who gains priority admission into a school through his/her distance category is required to reside at the address used for registration for at least 30 months from the commencement of the Primary One Registration Exercise on 28 June 2018.

https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/primary-one-registration#address-used

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

I think your infor is wrong, at least 30 mths from commencement of P1 registration, not before. 

Even so, a child who gains priority admission into a school through his/her distance category is required to reside at the address used for registration for at least 30 months from the commencement of the Primary One Registration Exercise on 28 June 2018.

https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/primary-one-registration#address-used

oops !! my bad … was reading this around 1am last night ,,, maybe blur already …

anyway, isn't it weird … how to get another address for registration ….then move to this address ?

or in another angle, if register for P1 at current address and then move house 24 months later, will risk getting kicked out of school ?

Edited by Ysc3

oops !! my bad … was reading this around 1am last night ,,, maybe blur already …

anyway, isn't it weird … how to get another address for registration ….then move to this address ?

U need to be in the flat/place before the registration exercise starts. 

After that, u must stay in the address for 30 months.

i personally don't think the rule should apply for people who have bought a flat and are moving out to upgrade etc. But that's just my interpretation.

U need to be in the flat/place before the registration exercise starts. 

After that, u must stay in the address for 30 months.

i personally don't think the rule should apply for people who have bought a flat and are moving out to upgrade etc. But that's just my interpretation.

don't need to be in the flat before registration exercise starts. Building under construction also can.

I have purchased a yet-to-be completed property and should be moving in after the property is completed. Can I make use of the new home address for Primary One (P1) registration?

Answer:

Answer:

The new home address can be used provided that you are able to produce evidence from the relevant authority that you have committed to the purchase of this property. In addition, you have to sign a letter of undertaking to move into the new property within two years of the child's entry into Primary One (P1).
  • Praise 2

don't need to be in the flat before registration exercise starts. Building under construction also can.

I have purchased a yet-to-be completed property and should be moving in after the property is completed. Can I make use of the new home address for Primary One (P1) registration?

Answer:

Answer:

The new home address can be used provided that you are able to produce evidence from the relevant authority that you have committed to the purchase of this property. In addition, you have to sign a letter of undertaking to move into the new property within two years of the child's entry into Primary One (P1).

ah ok. i didn't know that. 

↡ Advertisement