Dash Cam repair

Cumzilla

Any recommendations for workshops that repair dash cam? Suspect the internal battery dead, always go to the settings of date and time whenever i start my car. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cumzilla said:

Any recommendations for workshops that repair dash cam? Suspect the internal battery dead, always go to the settings of date and time whenever i start my car. 

Tried sending it to the respective brand's service centre?

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

There is no car camera repair shop that I know of. (Please correct me if I am wrong.) Nowadays the manufacturing cost is so low that you can get a camera at maybe $80 bucks? no one wanna repair anymore. If I charge you $50 dollar for the repair, the customer will think like that might as well buy a new one.

Maybe I can suggest you go rewire the camera to tap to the car battery directly. Then it will be constantly recording. But this may drain away from your battery faster.

• Praise 2

17 hours ago, Discoburg said:

Tried sending it to the respective brand's service centre?

checked already and they do not have a service centre in singapore

(edited)
5 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

There is no car camera repair shop that I know of. (Please correct me if I am wrong.) Nowadays the manufacturing cost is so low that you can get a camera at maybe $80 bucks? no one wanna repair anymore. If I charge you $50 dollar for the repair, the customer will think like that might as well buy a new one.

Maybe I can suggest you go rewire the camera to tap to the car battery directly. Then it will be constantly recording. But this may drain away from your battery faster.

because was thinking if changing internal battery only may not cost that much, wanted to DIY, but quite a hassle after looking at youtube, need to find the correct battery type and then involve soldering to the connection ports...

Edited by Cumzilla
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
1 minute ago, Cumzilla said:

because was thinking if changing internal battery only may not cost that much, wanted to DIY, but quite hassle after looking at youtube, need to find the correct battery type and then  involving soldering to the connection ports...

Ya lor. Singapore no one DIY one. haha. Anyway, if the timestamp is not an issue, you can just continue use.  As long as it still records, I will still use. For my own case.

Just now, kobayashiGT said:

Ya lor. Singapore no one DIY one. haha. Anyway, if the timestamp is not an issue, you can just continue use.  As long as it still records, I will still use. For my own case.

it is not an issue for me actually, but i doubt it is recording when it goes to the setting page everytime after i start my car.

4 hours ago, Cumzilla said:

it is not an issue for me actually, but i doubt it is recording when it goes to the setting page everytime after i start my car.

Blankpunt one ah? Don’t bother repairing it la.

On 10/15/2019 at 4:36 PM, Inlinefour said:

AD dashcam 2 years warranty and 1 to 1 exchange

was told they dont repair

din know warranty cover dash cam, anyway AD warranty already over for me.

• Praise 1