KIA NIRO 2023

sHy3r

Supercharged

Check out today's Straits Times. All praises from CT....😁

Car review: Kia’s new Niro EV is a peachy ride that defies logic

IMG2172.JPG?VersionId=acm0xa5Hlhf4xPt3PN

Kia’s new Niro EV is bigger and roomier than its predecessor, which was launched in 2019. It is also a much sweeter ride than its hybrid sibling reviewed in November.

The puzzling thing is that even though the car is longer, wider and taller than its predecessor, and though its power output has been pared down significantly so that it qualifies for the more palatable COE Category A instead of B, its performance remains completely unchanged......

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/motoring/car-review-kia-s-new-niro-ev-is-a-peachy-ride-that-defies-logic

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
On 3/11/2023 at 4:30 PM, Didu said:

Kia’s new Niro EV is bigger and roomier than its predecessor, which was launched in 2019. It is also a much sweeter ride than its hybrid sibling reviewed in November.

The puzzling thing is that even though the car is longer, wider and taller than its predecessor, and though its power output has been pared down significantly so that it qualifies for the more palatable COE Category A instead of B, its performance remains completely unchanged......

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/motoring/car-review-kia-s-new-niro-ev-is-a-peachy-ride-that-defies-logic

He can say whatever he likes. 

• Haha! 1

On 3/11/2023 at 4:30 PM, Didu said:

How good the car is also no use during this super high coe.

• Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie

Been driving close to 5 months clocking close to 9000km. So far no complaints only compliments 😀 Fuel consumption is good, able to achieve 23-24km/l initially as more careful with our right foot 🦶😂 Lately probably 21-23km/l as right foot heavier now 😜 Most of the features are quite up to date for 2022-23 car, the one I like most is the ventilated seats, butt is cool on a hot sunny day while the heated seats also quite good when my back is aching 😅 

performance is decent for me as I’m not a fast and impatient driver. City driving is a breeze. Will upgrade my sound system soon 🤪🤪

• Praise 1

Supercharged
On 11/8/2022 at 1:26 PM, Fitmugen said:

Seems like good trade-in value for your outlander. Actually the EX also not bad. the only important thing missing was probably the rear air con

There is an EX Comfort line which adds electric tailgate, blind spot warning and rear A/C for additional $1k. I wish they had put in electric seat too (at least for driver), maybe $1.5k.

But yes I was quite impressed with he test drive despite the low power and torque numbers.

On 3/11/2023 at 11:57 PM, 13177 said:

How good the car is also no use during this super high coe.

Ya.. looking at the Hybrid price… rather get an EV like Atto 3 instead? 🤔

On 10/31/2023 at 11:59 PM, Fellows said:

FWD ev looks and feel nothing out of the norm, looking at the host driving it. Of course you will be paying more for an ev compared to similar ice engine car. How come KIA do not label their ev, hev and phev?

Found the charging stats online for the new ev Niro. The max AC charging speed is 11 kW(up from previous 7.2kW), and the max DC charging speed is 80 kW(previously 77kW). Searching high and low for a DC charge for faster charging dont really make sense to me. AC charging is really too slow. A more powerful DC charger also dont equate to faster charging time. Different AC or DC charger gives out different output so you might not be getting max charge and you need some know how to read the output on the charger. Charging within 30mins is not a given. And usually fast charging is from 20%-80% in about 30mins. Fully charged will take longer.

When it comes to acceleration any suv will dull the experience because of the raised ride height, so being a fwd ev and suv all the more you wont feel much. I mean it defeats the purpose of getting an ev imo. Overall it might seems meh for the high price. Nothing out of the ordinary for what you are paying for.

Edited by Watwheels

Neutral Newbie

Anyone waiting to collect their new niro hybrid? How long is the waiting time?

Neutral Newbie

Planning to buy a used Niro with 3.5 years left (2017). Stated miles is around 120k km.

Anything I should take note of?

Tried to ask C&C for latest servicing and warranty records but they are unable to provide it at all.

Really like the feel to drive it and the FC is good because I drive a lot daily. Most importantly I'm worried about potential hybrid battery failure. Not sure if anyone can share their experience on battery failure. Thanks in advance!

2nd Gear
On 3/17/2023 at 1:02 AM, TMBK3893 said:

Been driving close to 5 months clocking close to 9000km. So far no complaints only compliments 😀 Fuel consumption is good, able to achieve 23-24km/l initially as more careful with our right foot 🦶😂 Lately probably 21-23km/l as right foot heavier now 😜 Most of the features are quite up to date for 2022-23 car, the one I like most is the ventilated seats, butt is cool on a hot sunny day while the heated seats also quite good when my back is aching 😅 

performance is decent for me as I’m not a fast and impatient driver. City driving is a breeze. Will upgrade my sound system soon 🤪🤪

Yours is the SX highest spec variant? 

2nd Gear
(edited)

Niro EX and SX owners, so far how the DCT dry clutch holding up? 

Edited by Fellows

2nd Gear
(edited)

Just went to Car at Expo 2024 

The current promo is EX free upgrade to EX Comfort at $167999 (guaranteed COE)

- missing heated and ventilated seats

- missing 10.25” digital cluster 

- missing electronic driver seat with 2 memory setting 

- missing wireless charging pad 

- missing front parking sensor 

- missing LED rear turn signal light 

- missing front LED fog lights

- missing front LED headlight (halogen protector light instead)

- missing shift by wire gear knob

- missing Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Avoidance Assist (RCCA)

- missing adaptive cruise control 

- missing safe exit assist 

- missing sunroof 

- missing metal foot petals 

SX is selling at $184999 (guaranteed COE) 

The SX is the way to go with full equipment list but the price is really hard to swallow with a $17000 difference in price.

Edited by Fellows

Supersonic
On 4/13/2024 at 3:58 PM, Fellows said:

Just went to Car at Expo 2024 

The current promo is EX free upgrade to EX Comfort at $167999 (guaranteed COE)

- missing heated and ventilated seats

- missing 10.25” digital cluster 

- missing electronic driver seat with 2 memory setting 

- missing wireless charging pad 

- missing front parking sensor 

- missing LED rear turn signal light 

- missing front LED fog lights

- missing front LED headlight (halogen protector light instead)

- missing shift by wire gear knob

- missing Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Avoidance Assist (RCCA)

- missing adaptive cruise control 

- missing safe exit assist 

- missing sunroof 

- missing metal foot petals 

SX is selling at $184999 (guaranteed COE) 

The SX is the way to go with full equipment list but the price is really hard to swallow with a $17000 difference in price.

All those missing items worth $17k ar?! 😅

2nd Gear
On 4/13/2024 at 11:11 PM, 13177 said:

All those missing items worth $17k ar?! 😅

If you compared to basic Conti, I think have and I think cost more to add those ventilated seats and and all these active safety features and all the full list. 

↡ Advertisement