Gadgeter 2nd Gear September 17, 2002 Share September 17, 2002 (edited) general feel, grip is comparable to s02, noise level is lower then s02 but higher then es100. Perhaps my car is under powered to test on s03, you might want to give try? No regrets buying s03. Let alone st115 rubber band tyre and falken s326 cant make it either From what I know:.... If I'm wrong... For all types of tyres. It first few batch are always of higher Quality. More QC checks and stuff like that... For example: The S03 you buy when it was first launch will be more quietier than the same model you buy (let says 2 years later).. Personally, I used the previous Potenza model... . Currently using: Bridgestone Grid II Edited September 17, 2002 by Gadgeter ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yongwd 1st Gear September 17, 2002 Share September 17, 2002 my car riding on 2 different sets of S03, rear set 15th week of 2001, front set 48th week of 2001. noise level is lower on the newer one (as usual) Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gadgeter 2nd Gear September 18, 2002 Share September 18, 2002 shag, I dun know why, but I only go for Bridgestone Tires..... Dun really like the rest of the brand. Maybe it is the Brand Name. Yokohama - Sound funny. Toyo - Remind of some plastic product. Michellin - Wear out too fast. And lastly, what do you do with 365 condoms ( which you have used) ???? Make them into tires and call it a Good Year. The above is just my own personal preference. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Darkie Neutral Newbie September 20, 2002 Share September 20, 2002 Hey Gadgeter I've run on Michelin Pilot Primacy for over 20k now ... and it has still got 50% of thread left !!! So, don't think it wears out very fast ... unless u are talking about other models? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Eric Neutral Newbie September 20, 2002 Share September 20, 2002 looks like I am getting aspecdb then. I drive a bora. Eric, how much quieter do you feel aspecdb is over es100? I know this is a very subjective matter, I just want to get some perspective. Oops missed out this post. I can't really give you a good reply. But consider that the tires are from the same manufacturer and the selling point of the Aspec dB is comfort and low noise, and the selling point of the ES100 is sporty comfort and looks nice. ES100 is quite quiet compared to sporty tires. But cannot compare to comfort tires like Aspec dB. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Eric Neutral Newbie September 20, 2002 Share September 20, 2002 Aspecdb's wet weather performance leaves much to be desired. ES100 I know, doesn't last long because of soft compound. But purely for reduction in noise, AspecDb. Actuall ES100 is not really that soft compared to some Advan or Kumho tires. UTOQ threadwear rating is 280. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Liu38 Neutral Newbie September 25, 2002 Share September 25, 2002 I installed it few days ago. Having it for 200KM already. For far, quite It is a lot better than my first tire Bridegstone (Gide, I think). Of course lah, 20% more expensive. When I make cornering at HDB carpark, I can hardly hear any noise. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mondeo Neutral Newbie September 26, 2002 Share September 26, 2002 What size of the tyres and $$? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Liu38 Neutral Newbie September 27, 2002 Share September 27, 2002 Mine is 195/55/R15 - $530 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mondeo Neutral Newbie September 27, 2002 Share September 27, 2002 $530 = x4 or @....? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Liu38 Neutral Newbie September 30, 2002 Share September 30, 2002 Alama, of course X4.... otherwise, I broke already. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mondeo Neutral Newbie September 30, 2002 Share September 30, 2002 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mugen Neutral Newbie October 15, 2002 Share October 15, 2002 errmm.... well... so, back to the topic... anyone has any comments on the Potenza GIII? Cheers Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mondeo Neutral Newbie October 15, 2002 Share October 15, 2002 A racing magazine 'Options' claimed GIII is quite good performance tyre in term of dry and wet road, tyre noise also quite quiet- that what they claimed. But noticed some of the size are unavailable, e.g. they dun have 225x40x18" ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
Bridgestone sends you racing with the new Potenza Sport tyres
Bridgestone sends you racing with the new Potenza Sport tyres
Bridgestone Potenza S007a
Bridgestone Potenza S007a
New Potenza S001 tyres from Bridgestone - reviews?
New Potenza S001 tyres from Bridgestone - reviews?
Bridgestone Potenza RE-11
Bridgestone Potenza RE-11
Either Bridgestone Potenza RE002 or Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3
Either Bridgestone Potenza RE002 or Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3
WTS - Bridgestone Potenza RE050 RFT 225/50/17
WTS - Bridgestone Potenza RE050 RFT 225/50/17
Heard Bridgestone Potenza RE 002 coming out !!
Heard Bridgestone Potenza RE 002 coming out !!
Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position
Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position