Sotong_kia Neutral Newbie September 17, 2004 Share September 17, 2004 Detected this recently. When I first got my Optra (A), first 3 tanks are Esso Synergy 2000 (Ron 92). Didn't notice anything strange when starting up. After 1K servicing, started to use Synergy 5000. Felt pick up was a little better, and engine rev quieter. I thought could be the servicing... After 3 Tanks of Ron 95, 4 days ago, I switch back to Synergy 2000. These few days, noticed that during started, the engine revs to 2k+ rpm and stays there longer than usual.. like about 20 seconds. Sometimes, from 2k drop to 1.5k then drop back to 900rpm. Last time with Ron 95, within 3 seconds, it drops from 2k+ to 1k rpm in the morning, if afternoon, idling at less than 900. I always look at the tachometer when I crank the engine, to detect problems... Could it be petrol grade ? Or something else ? This weekend, change back to Synergy 5000 and see... ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Arah Neutral Newbie September 18, 2004 Share September 18, 2004 Bro optra quite sensitive on fuellah. They will start to show hand if you fill them with anything less than ron 95. How your fuel gauge ok or not? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sotong_kia Neutral Newbie September 18, 2004 Author Share September 18, 2004 (edited) Fuel gauge ok so far.. What is the story with fuel guage going bonkers ? How ? You mean one minute can show full, next minute show empty and next minute full again ? But from the day I collected my car, using Ron92 until 1k servicing.. nothing wrong leh.. Manual said minimum is Ron91. My SE told me during delivery that Ron92 can already. Maybe newborn baby, drink milk Then kenna fed marijuana and steriods after 1k servicing.. Then now go back to milk, make noise.. haha Edited September 18, 2004 by Sotong_kia Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Aveo_powered Neutral Newbie September 18, 2004 Share September 18, 2004 Try not to confuse the car by constantly changing petrol grade, in the end you'll only confuse yourself Stick to a particular grade for a couple of months, then assess the situation. If necessary, then make the change to another grade of petrol. By switching back and forth like this, you won't be able to get any concrete results. But then again, with our petrol prices, I can understand why you do what you do Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sotong_kia Neutral Newbie September 18, 2004 Author Share September 18, 2004 Oh, I dun change a lot lah.. 3 tanks of Ron92.. then want to try to see if can get more power with Ron95.. so tried 3 tanks.. then want to see if really got difference, or just psychological, so try 1 more time Ron92.. and I found this.. :( Oh, and it is true, Ron92 pick up is not as good as Ron95 (at least on the Optra Auto), for the same amount of weight on my right foot, same range of RPM... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sotong_kia Neutral Newbie October 16, 2004 Author Share October 16, 2004 (edited) More details of the symptoms : (1) Morning cold start-up, revs to 2k rpm and stay quite long before dropping down to normal. (2) After it drops to normal, if I press the accelerator, it shoots up to 2k or 2.5k rpm and STAYS THERE, even after I released the accelerator. (3) Warm start-up in the afternoon (meaning, engine still warm due to morning run), stays at 2k RPM without dropping in the next 1 or 2 mintues. All is ok the moment I shift my gear from P to R or D... then it drops immediately to 900rpm. Got the engine rectified. SA Mech told me they resetted the ECU. No other faults.. Now, sound so quiet.. lovely. Also got them to rectify one of the other irritating thing : Fogging of Front Windscreen. Casued by the centre vent on top of dashboard being open, regardless of my air-con settings. And it is just a very tiny stream that even if you put your hand there, you might not feel it. I remembered someone complained before in this forum. At first, he told me the vent has to be opened, according to I-can't-remember-what regulations. I told him it is very irritating. Said all Optras are like that one. I then said other cars all never have this issue, So what kind of GM regulation is that.. Finally, they shut off the vent.. Problem solved. Edited October 16, 2004 by Sotong_kia Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sxrolet 1st Gear October 18, 2004 Share October 18, 2004 Bro Sotong, recently put in 5 pts grounding for my Optra (immediately after my 10K service). Also had Z-Ztab installed few mths back. after grounding, the rpm now seems very stable as compared to previously, previously RPM bit erratic especially when cold. Crank cold start, hangs at 1.1K for a while, 2-3 mins later drop below 1K. Afternoon start immediately drop <900 but so far I have only used Shell 98. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sotong_kia Neutral Newbie October 18, 2004 Author Share October 18, 2004 I think if cold start, slightly higher than 1k RPM is normal.. due to trying to warm up or whatever. So far, now I love it.. Engine so quiet, and less vibrations.. No grounding or whatever.. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kyoya_gami Neutral Newbie August 17, 2005 Share August 17, 2005 Bro, can advise what meaning "5 pts grounding" On the other hand, is Z-Ztab common, and if i am not mistaken, it act as an voltage stabilizer. Sorry me new... ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
ICE ICE baby - Internal Combustion Engine Only Chat
ICE ICE baby - Internal Combustion Engine Only Chat
Engine Mounting
Engine Mounting
Direct Injection Engine - Intake Valve Cleaning
Direct Injection Engine - Intake Valve Cleaning
Mercedes Benz's Engine Downsizing Strategy
Mercedes Benz's Engine Downsizing Strategy
Can buy this new engine oil in Giant? $17.90
Can buy this new engine oil in Giant? $17.90
Come on in if you are into cheap engine oils...
Come on in if you are into cheap engine oils...
SCHNELL Engine Oil 5W40
SCHNELL Engine Oil 5W40