Prestone 0 to 60 Octane Booster

Does this product have any adverse effects on the engine? i put it into my full tank yesterday and today i have creaky noises. a little worried. thought of using it to clean up the injectors.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I think you should use injector cleaner to clean injectors. Octane booster does nothing to your car, but increase octane very slightly.

However, the creaky noises may be due to something else, you might want to check that out.

no adverse effect at all, though strange enuff, i would swear it did make my FC better, used it thrice, same results. but since i hv switched to higher RON petrol, this is not a die die must use. but cheaper den STP for sure.

Depends on what's your intentions of putting in petrol Octane Boosters. Most put in for better power and response of engine, not so much for FC. [laugh]

hi,

do u think if our manual recommends ron 95, but if i pump ron92 and add in the octane booster, would it still be ok for our car?

it should b ok.... dun it many times in the past using STP octane booster, but hv used Prestone also.

but i think it is cheaper if you just use RON95 though. cos 1 bottle cost you ard $9+, but $9 can get u 5+ litres of Ron95 yeah?

haha......i got free bottle of octane booster....so tot of pumping ron92 this time to capitalise on this free octane booster.

do u know how much of this octane booster mixed with how much petrol.

i believe it's whole bottle to 1 tank full. it's basically white fuel, so even at 1/2 tank, is not a problem. but if u 1/2 bottle it, do store carefully cos it is highly flammable, definitely not something to transport around the car and left under the scorching sun.

These commercial octane boosters hardly increase the RON lah..... The one bottle for the tank would not even raise it by 1 point.

So you're gonna get 92.XX RON [sweatdrop]

Well.... not totally useless. They do have some lubricant added so it makes the driving a wee bit smoother .... that's about all.

You might find a slight increase in power if your car is sensitive enough. But that is if you use your current petrol grade. By dropping the petrol grade by 3 points and hope to recover it by using this small bottle of octane booster, you'll be worse off.

Octane boosters do work.... provided your car is tuned to maximize the higher RON levels. Otherwise, you'll be wasting money..... unless that little bit of higher ron level buys you more peace of mind??? like getting a poor batch of fuel......

Neutral Newbie

I dont think octane boosters are necessary for the majority of owners in spore.

Firstly, you guys already get really high octane gas, close to race gas.

Secondly, contrary to what many people believe, octane addative makes your fuel "harder" to burn. Their purpose is to make fuel burn less quickly. Every car is tuned to use a certain type of gas, so just used what ur car manual tell you to use, not more, not less.

You can of course do mods and retune your car for those mods and for a higher octane fuel for optimal performance, thats when you should use a higher octane fuel. You use octane addative when the octane number fuel your car requires is not readily available and you have to mix it with existing fuel. That's a whole other story. Octane boosters sold at gas stations ...... they are pretty close to the edge of useless stuff to buy.

[thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement