Weight of 15" ENKEI CPS2?

Sevenz

Neutral Newbie

Just wondering how light is the 15" Enkei CPS2. And it comes with 2 colors right? Might get these rims if nothing goes wrong, though old model....

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

was on that rim previously.....should b less than 5kg per rim...very lightweight n [thumbsup][thumbsup] now on 17" cps2 also [thumbsup][thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

ya..cps2 rare in sg liao... 1st hand ones that is..

i got mine in jb though

Not that rare ba, hehe, getting my 17" this coming week!! but u r right, the shop has only 1 set left. brand new ones.

Neutral Newbie

i m driving a civic...i changed the rims on the first day of collection which is 3weeks back.during run-in,i managed a 15.35km/l of FC.jus pumped petrol 2 days back n first tank after run-in,i get 14.02km/l of FC....this a quite a light weight rim so i think there wont b a great difference in FC...hope this may help u... [flowerface]

Neutral Newbie

hey bro!

thanks! of cos ur input has assured me alot!! Many pple were discouraging me in getting 17" rims saying no power, poor fc etc etc

was concerned cos the original tires are 185/65r15 so the 20mm increase in tire width did get me thinking that the FC might be affected.

cheers!

Neutral Newbie

i think everyone has got their own opinion on this issue...actually original rim is damn heavy nowadays so changing to a lighter 17" rim wont do so much harm IMHO....but the pick up will definitely decrease...gd luck in yr consideration in upgrading yr rims. [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

haiz..sad to hear that oick up will decrease...even with a -0.8% decrease in OD...guess i gotta try it then i will know bah..

oh well..if the pick up realli does go down, ill sell it away and get lighter rims then..

Neutral Newbie

or maybe a 16" is a better compromise???cause in yr signature already put GT wings n 16" rims ma.....heeheehee [;)]

Neutral Newbie

haha, yah initially the plan was really for 16" rims lor, but then another Latio driver told me 16" still looks small, i did quite abit of shopping, went to pxx xxxg, H tyre, Hong tyre, Hankook, Yap brothers, leong seng, 2 tire shops at AMK Autolink building but then finally came across this deal lor.

since cps-2 is really quite light amoungst its range, i decided to give it a try. I have only seen one car with 17" CPS2 rims so far, near coronation plaza there. felt that the 17" definitely looked much beta than the 15" lor. Its a "unique" design, quite plain and simple, but somehow it does still appeal to me. the X shape like some ninja Fei Biao haha

One of the lightest 16" taiwan replica design was the SPOOM model. copied from the spoon design which many civics use. its 6.3kg, the rest of the 16" replicas that ive weighed like all close to 8kg.

ah but anyway to cut the chase short, told myself to give the 17" cps2 a try lah. if really deteoriates performance then sell lor. Its a rare gem, and im sure i can find buyers who have more powerful who would appreciate the light weight 17" Enkei rims:>

Neutral Newbie

ya totally agree with u that the unique X design catches my eyes when i first saw it (15").its a love at first sight i must say.i used the 15" on my previous lancer n this 17" is my 2nd set of CPSII.n 1 more thing is that there is no replica type 4 this model unlike those OZ supperleg.volks CE28 etc so,u wont get to c so many on the road as it has stopped production.BTW if u a looking 4 this rims,i saw at the yahoo auction that a particular shop is selling...u may wanna check it out.cheers!!!!will keep a look out of yr Latio with CPSII on the road...heeheehee [sunny]

Neutral Newbie

eh yah man! u don say i also din really take notice! yah yah no one makes replicas of this rim. I think the design also not easy to copy. 8 thin spokes, at right angles. gotta be light and strong. realli not easy!

hee...ever since ive seen this rim, i began to take notice. 15" one ive seen quite a few times. Saw it once on a jazz! alrite, wats the colour of ur ride? I too, will keep a look out for a civic with 17" cps2!!

actually though its rare, couple of shops still got kantao for it. but must order from supplier one.

Neutral Newbie

wow...u "live" in the forum ah??in here every min 1???mine is a black civic but there is another guy with the nickname accordvtec also got the same colour n same rim too so the 1 u c might not b mi [laugh][laugh] i try to copy the links 4 u later to let u compare the price so that u wont b shortchange as seller will tell u creeps like:this is japanese rims very ex la,no more production so the price higher la,its a "mat"(forged) rims therefore price higher la bla bla bla....i try to find 4 u.....

Neutral Newbie

haha sori sori, din mean to "fan" you so bad. Its jus the email notification will pop whenever there is a mail mah, so heh heh....once i see a reply, i jus click on it, read it and reply..

ok ok, so from the looks of it, i should be waitin for u to wave at me more than i would wave at u bah?? but haha heck it lah, i think singapore onli got 2 black civics with 17" cps2 rims heehee...50-50 chance its u lah.

copy the links? of the yahoo auction site?? OKIE OKIE THANKS THANKS!! appreciate it lots!! but its forged rims meh??