Jeep Compass Road Test - Better Than a Captiva

Nikolaiski

that's one garang suv, by singapore standards.

not sure if the hard plastics and no nonsense attitude will persuade buyers who think of suvs as big(ger) sedans.

Neutral Newbie

well if you had to decide between this and a captiva, i'd rather go for this. it handles better, but not as luxurious as a captiva...

speaking of which, i noticed that there isn't much enthusiasm for this car...hmm...i think everyone still is on the RAV4 and CRV bandwagon...heh

Turbocharged

well reliability is a question is most of us r not familiar wif the jeep brand. The interior is quite boring as well. That steering wheel looks about 1 generation behind the current japanese SUVs. The front looks kind of weird as well... destined to be another also ran?

jeep is famous for appalling FC...but built like a tank...inteior like crap...very plasticy......american cars are poorly designed interiorly ....but as for structural integrty.....built like a tank [cool]

Neutral Newbie

IMO, no point having something built like a tank when there's no quality built into the car.Afterall, will you be keeping it for more than 5 yrs going by the trend nowadays? Sat in the new Dodge Caliber & was apalled at the interior build quality.IMO, they are only slightly better than the China cars.Close the doors & feel the plastics & you'll know what I mean.Mind you, these guys have been building cars much longer than the Chinese. [smash]

(edited)
http://www.xxxxxxx.com/articles/article.p...pageid=1&view=1

If you are thinking of buying a RAV4 or Captiva, or even CRV, take a look at this one first...handling not bad man..but fuel consumption CAN DIE ONE.

Spend 100k to get zero luxury with crappy interior? you must be kidding!

People here buy SUV or any car at arn 100k expect more than just decent interior, it must exude some luxury feel, quality built and comfort which Captiva does pretty well. Unless he is a hard core off-roader, then again if he is so, they wont buy this either. Imagine since the driver spend most of the time in the car, it is real hard to justify paying so much for China-like quality plastic interior. [thumbsdown]

Edited by Firstcall
↡ Advertisement