Calling all Presea Owners!!!

Luv_presea

Neutral Newbie

hi there! has anyone upgraded the front brakes on their presea?? would love to hear ur experiences! [:)]

↡ Advertisement

.... wheelspin... easily!

Even with my previous 205/45R16 ST115 tyres ... sly.gif

It's all about technique; for manual cars, I've wheelspinned a 1L Fiat Uno, 1.3L Accent, 1.5L Lancer, 1.4L Astra.....in fact, I think with the right clutch and acceleration control, you should be able to spin the wheels on any manual car.

For Automatics, I've done the same in a 1.5L Sunny, 1.6L Elantra, 1.6L Mazda 323.... and a 4L Ford Falcon. laugh.gif

I've replaced my front discs (just OEM, same spec) and used a couple of different pads (Mintex and Ferodo).

It stops well.... fractionally better than the old ones, but more "feel" ... especially on wet roads ..thumbsup.gif

they say cant try it on an auto car rite? cos the transmission belt or something will break.. or issit safe? i tried it on a nissan sunny 1.5A.. max i dare to rev is 3k after hearing that statement..

Neutral Newbie
>wow amazing.....u use for 5 years already....

>any major repairs/problems to date?

>my mileage is high...420K already

Yes, I have driven it for 5 years (since 2001).

No major problems, except that I spent about $800 (once) to replace the fours tyres + some strut bars, rods thingy (lost the receipt)in the year 2005. Other than that, no other major issues. The support needs to be replaced as it was causing the wheel to be out of alignment and causing pre-mature tyre wheel. I replaced it for safety reasons.

The power window got stuck and can't be rolled down fully. After which it cannot be rolled up again. CAS quoted $200 for replacement of motor parts but Ah Beng shop quoted about $80 using re-con. Anybody facing this issue. I have been ignoring this issue as

safety is not compromised anyway.

Anybody knows where to paint my car?

Hi Albeniz,

which Ah Beng shop is that? Interested in recon power window.

transmission belt?.... CVT? unsure.gif

More like the sun and planetary gears.... wink.gif

For the cars I tried, most were pretty new (less than 5 years old), except the Elantra.

Anyway... word of advice: launching too much will cause undue strain on the gearbox, and possibly premature failure. All the cars that I mentioned, the gearboxes failed shortly after we sold the cars. sly.gif

It's not just the revving... it's how you launch....

I launch with at least 3-3500rpm, and often I sidestep the brake pedal to get the wheels to release as quickly as possible. If that doesn't work, I slip the gear from neutral to drive... which would definitely cause a lot of stress in the automatic gearbox sly.gif

BTW, the 4L Ford Falcon automatic..... I didn't do any of the prescribed methods.... I just floored the accelerator from standstill thumbsup.gif

I used to go to Autobacs for my Mintex brake pads... and Speedworks for the Ferodo.

Back then, Mintex cost me 60-80 with Installation.

The Ferodo cost me 80 without installation.

(my mech charged me $10 for installation).

Incidentally, this morning, I saw a light blue presea with an upgraded front brake disc and calipers.

It really filled his rims and were significantly larger than our stock ones.

I suspect that it came from a non-Nissan brand.

....automatic car... my guess is that 5-10 "super hard" launches (slipping the gear from N to D) will destroy the gearbox sweatdrop.gif ... but if it's just "popping" the brake pedal, I don't think it's going to be that bad. sly.gif

As for manual cars.... I launch my car pretty hard several times a day, and hit the redline about 25% of my gear changes tongue.gif..... I change my clutch assembly every year ($250 incl labour) and tyres as well ($400-500). And I changed my gearbox about 2 years back ($250 - JDM recon). So it's "OK".... if you don't mind the cost laugh.gif

As for the 4L Falcon... it was a hoot especially on unpaved roads.

I had billows of dust everywhere I went.sly.gif

The car was often sliding from the start, so I had to control drift while accelerating hard wink.gif

That was quite some time back, when Autobacs was at Paya Lebar.

I remember that it was some kind of promotion..... but then again, they were always having some kind of promotion. One of those days, I started with an oil change.... then while waiting, I found myself changing my steering wheel, gear knob, head lights, fog lights, brake pads.... shakehead.gif

That's a rather "addictive" placetongue.gif... and I go there about once a month laugh.gif... but don't tell my wife sly.gif

ok.. so i guess i'll stop doing that on a automatic car now le.. [:)]

so for manual its the clutch and not the gearbox.. cheaper when replacing..

wow.. that must be a really fun car to drive.. [sweatdrop]

The Ford Falcon was fun enough.

Too bad the rental car had a speed limiter at 185kmh......

sliding around great ocean road was a thrill.......

I even got it stuck off road on some sandy beach... had to hook a tow cable to some bolt at the bottom of the car (no tow hook) and attached it to an old 4WD Subaru Liberty....

An unmarked police car chased me for quite a distance....

But despite all the fun, the best part about it was the cruising.... at 110kmh, the engine speed was about 1500rpm....

ok. I lied. Drifting a large car near the cliffside.... if that does not get your adrenaline up.... nothing will!thumbsup.gif

If only they brought in the Ford Falcon to our local roads.. [:(]

tow cable? like those that were shown on tv where those truck racers got stuck in the mud or something? a true off roading car..

wow!! at 110km/h and the rpm is 1500.. must have real good FC..

[laugh] drifting huh.. cliffside huh.. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

The base 4L engine's road tax would be enough to scare off most buyers.

If you included the top spec 5.6L engines (up to 5.4L now)... I think the S-Class-like annual cost for driving on our roads would not make it feasible for this ordinary Aussie full-size car.

Holden did bring in the Falcon equivalent... I think it was called a Holden Lumina (and Calais in the 80s and 90s).

The Lumina came with a 3.2L engine and was actually slightly bigger than a Opel Omega. Very few are still on the roads...

4L Falcon FC.... Driving "with self-control" I managed to get 9.5-10km/l... sly.gif

The top spec Ford Performace Vehicles (FPV) Falcon GT-P costs about A$70-80,000

It is basically a large (4.9m) car with a powerful (390hp) engine.

(they even have a pickup [called a ute] with the same specs)

Think BMW M5.... but much cheaper (should cost $250K if it sold here)

The holden coupe equivalent sold in the UK (Vauxhall Monaro VXR) actually beat the previous Porsche 911 Turbo around the Top Gear track...

Too bad our tax structure makes this an unattractive purchase in singapore.

↡ Advertisement