Toyota Yaris vs Vitz vs Echo

Milgram

Neutral Newbie

Hey all, just wanted to point out the difference between the Yaris, Vitz and Echo. Unless I'm mistaken, the differences are as follow:

The Yaris is made in Thailand (parts from Japan, assembled in Thailand) and comes in 1.5L. It is based on the Vitz platform.

The Vitz is made in Japan and is brought in by parallel importers only. It comes in 1.0L and 1.3L only. However, sportier versions of the Vitz come in 1.5L.

The Echo, I believe, is the earlier version (earlier generation) of the Vitz.

[;)][;)][;)]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Yes, you are right about the Vitz bro...same as what I had pointed out [thumbsup]

The Yaris is supposed to be marketed as a car that comes between the Vios and the Altis. So it can be anything between 50K-65K. I was told it might be 55K. But I think it probably should be between 55K-60K (as you have said).

Edited by Milgram

I love Vitz interior..so cool but the car abit pverpriced even for 1.0 & 1.3

SG has 1.5 & 1.5RS ah?didn't know abt da...months ago I checked with the PI dealers...they told me 1.5 series will be very expensive if they gg bring in and doubt the response will be gd so only bring in 1.0 & 1.3 confused.gif

but I dun like CVT..duno abt Toyota CVT technology though...but CVT always tend to hv more prob later on...

Neutral Newbie

The 1.5 VITZ would be the RS and TRD versions I think. I do not think there`s a "normal" 1.5 version otherwise. The "normal" versions would be the 1.0 and 1.3L cars. The 1.5 RS is going for close to 70K whilst the TRD close to 80K.

yes..1.5 is the so-called sports edition thus price will be higher just like colt plus turbo vs normal colt

doubt response will be good which may explains y SG dun bring in...