Quick Clarion HU help

Decibel

Neutral Newbie

Can any bros here help me with this? My Clarion db235 HU cant read a couple of new cds I burnt, get an "ERR 6". Have tried the CDs on my home/portable players, they work fine. The CDs in question are "SMART BUY" ones, fully black in color - meaning that you can't even see behind the cd the "burnt region". Have no clue why they don't work, other cd-rs work fine...

Help appreciated, thanks! [;)]

↡ Advertisement

what is the capacity of your CD? if it is 700 or 800MB. you may had problem playing on certain type of player.

best bet is to get those 650MB type.

hope this info is useful

Neutral Newbie

certain CD-Rs uses dyes which are too faint to be read by some HUs/players

should check with the shop b4 u buy. some shops (in SLS) allow u to return problematic CD-Rs for 1-for-1 exchange with other types

not related to your clarion problem directly. but sharing my experience.

My HU refuse to play CDs burnt from my PC.

Had to burn it in my notebook. Not sure why...perhaps you could try an alternative burner.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks bro seems you are right! Cuz a few times I managed to get the above cds to run on my HU, but most of the time they don't play. Do not have this problem with any of my much older cd-rs though. Guess I gotta go and buy some better CD-Rs [rolleyes]

Neutral Newbie

The CDs run on all the players in my house, even my old portable cd player, so I'm guessing the problem is with my HU, as one of the bros mentioned, perhaps the laser is not sensitive enough. Funny how it still runs sometimes though! [rolleyes]

↡ Advertisement