Jump to content

Comments on Optra Estate


Huggable
 Share

Recommended Posts

Tested the car twice already. The test drive cars have less than 500km on the clock, hence felt quite good. Love the leather-clad steering, and the power fold-in mirrors!

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

What are the bad after test drive? Seems you have some bad feeling as well.

 

My estate neither has leather steering, nor fold in mirror, but I still buy, for its stable and the space, with the amount you paid.

 

Lucky so far no problem, reliability wise seems ok. Service is little bit expensive, but "it just like that", compared to outside.

Edited by Chevro
Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe that TD cars with super low mileage are not expected to give problems. Those I tried haven't even got through the run-in period. If given a choice, I'd gladly take a higher-mileage TD car to the roads!

 

To each his own, but for me, the fold-in mirror is more than a noverty item. I fold in my mirrors manually whenever I parked in tight corners. A set of power fold-in for my Sephia is very hard to come by, and a few years back, I've found a set, but cost about US$500 excluding shipping!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Huggable has placed an order for the Optra Estate. The SE said the car comes with ONLY 1 remote key, and a "master" key that does not have the remote. Did you guys buy another remote key as spare?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you order an extra key? It cost S$170 according to my SE.

 

Typically, was SA able to secure your COE on the first bidding?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

For me, one key is enough, unless your wife also drive often. The other key is only a backup, in case you lost the first one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Came across a shop in KL (Jalan Putra, The Mall) which can create duplicates of these immobiliser keys for about RM50-100. Was very tempted but then sensibility prevailed. Wonder if anyone tried these shops?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

 

I'm considering the Optra Estate to cater for my growing family. The Estate (manual) looks like a good deal, but without ABS and airbags.

 

[wave] 大哥 where haf U been ???

nowadays hardly seen U in TCS [:(]

 

R U still [drivingcar] Estate?

 

-----------------------------------

2007 - BMW X3 (current)

2006 - Chevrolet Aveo (current)

2005 - Chevrolet Optra (current)

2004 - Van (current)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...