[Spyshots] 2023 4th Generation Skoda Superb

Carbon82

It will be available in both Liftback and estate version, while the next generation Passat will be available solely in estate form. 

For me, I will gladly take this estate variant, preferably in Scout trim (with >270 horsepower, 4x4 drive train, raised height,etc.). 

2023-skoda-superb-new-spy-photo.jpg

This heavily camouflaged prototype was caught testing with Czech registration plates without fake body panels or cladding.

The proportions seem largely unchanged with the only notable difference probably being the slightly more sloped roofline.

Underneath the skin, the architecture underpinning the new Superb will be an evolution of the MQB platform used by the current model. 

The production of the new Superb should begin next year at Volkswagen’s plant in Bratislava, Slovakia. In local context, that means end 2024 will be the earliest it will hit our shore. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 13

Supersonic
(edited)

the actualy lenght is about 4860mm but the car in the photo looks very long. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

Twincharged
27 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Hope by the time it come say 2024/2025 COE is around 50k! whahahahahahha..

You still dream of it when it come in 2024,selling $170,000.?Expect it cost over $260,000 for it.

• Sad 1

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

You still dream of it when it come in 2024,selling $170,000.?Expect it cost over $260,000 for it.

Bo bian loh.. choose BMW liao.. not the car but mode of transport 🤣

Turbocharged
13 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

That is still long. Or quite long.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
5 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Those wheels.. looks damn puny. I know its a prototype, but still..

Size shouldn't be an issue, as long ... as they can perform!👌😄

23 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Comparing the 2023 model with the current one, it seems that the new model will be even longer, particularly the rear overhang, stretching it closer to 4.9m

skoda_superb_iv_laurin_klement_combi_68_

And the grill will be larger and more upright too, giving it a more executive look

skoda_superb_iv_laurin_klement_combi_80_

The rear hatch appears sharper with a more aggressive looking (sportier) roof spoiler. 

skoda_superb_iv_laurin_klement_combi_120

Overall, the changes looks good to me. OK, I am Skoda fan boy uncle. :D

• Praise 8

Supersonic
3 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Comparing the 2023 model with the current one, it seems that the new model will be even longer, particularly the rear overhang, stretching it closer to 4.9m

skoda_superb_iv_laurin_klement_combi_68_

And the grill will be larger and more upright too, giving it a more executive look

skoda_superb_iv_laurin_klement_combi_80_

The rear hatch appears sharper with a more aggressive looking (sportier) roof spoiler. 

skoda_superb_iv_laurin_klement_combi_120

Overall, the changes looks good to me. OK, I am Skoda fan boy uncle. :D

I was about to say the rear over hang looks a little too long but the car will look funny  if the wheelbase is stretched too long to reduce the overhang.

By the way the  shocks of the test car was either intentionally lowered, or the car was loaded with something heavy, the clearance between the wheel and wheel arch seems close.

• Praise 1

From the spyshots, most obvious are the changes to front and rear lights, without significant changes to the body shape. The front grill would most likely be similar to facelifted Kodiaq, with more upright slots that create a more masculine look. Do not think got much incentives for current owners to change. 

153427737_KodiaqFaceliftGrill.jpg.fa83a1208cb953703cdd7a0bca1c87bf.jpg

3 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

Good mah! Help me save money! whahahahahahaha..

hardly seen any estate in SGP despite looking quite good. is your an estate ? 

Edited by Ct3833

4 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

hardly seen any estate in SGP despite looking quite good. is your an estate ? 

Nope.. sedan..

• Praise 1

What I previously guessed about the grill turned out to be correct. The dimensions I read in some other sites yesterday, seems slightly longer and narrower but taller.

As the new Superb also comes in both combi and sedan variant, with slightly bigger space to boot, I am able to share about the spaciousness of the sedan variant when I helped my daughter to move her barang barang into NTU dorm. With a lift back design, can easily put 3 of 29" luggage and 2 of 20" luggage into the cavernous space. On top of that, the second row seat can be folded down to load more stuff. Comparatively, my Camry hybrid struggled to put 2 of 29" luggage into its boot, and that is it. 

My wife recently even suggested to sell the Camry away next year as contemplating to sell away one of the 2 rides due to reduced needs to fetch the kids. Really surprise to hear that as the plan has been to get rid of the Superb all along haha.

IMG-20230731-WA0002.jpg

• Praise 6

Interior of the next generation Superb detailed by Skoda. Elegant and practical as usual but I do find the floating display a little too big for the car (just like Tesla model 3)

230829_Interior-highlights-of-the-all-ne

230829_Interior-highlights-of-the-all-ne

The forth-generation Škoda Superb boast completely redesigned interiors, featuring a sleek digital cockpit, head-up display, and an impressive 13-inch free-standing infotainment display.

The gear selector has been relocated to the steering column for improved accessibility. This new arrangement creates a roomy centre console with more storage space.

Škoda Smart Dials mark a new direction in design. Enhancing onboard operation, the customisable Škoda Smart Dials allow for easy control. Each rotary push-button provides intuitive access to various vehicle functions, and a digital display ensures a quick, comprehensive overview at any time.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6