Jump to content

Drop in OMV


Kokanadan
 Share

Recommended Posts

Neutral Newbie

I don't think it's fair for me to specify.

This might be an isolated case, so I'll avoid going into the details. [laugh][sly]

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

I'm afraid that she only has the Jan 06 information.

 

Let me clarify this, I'm still unsure whether the AD or the SE who should be held responsible for this "mis-informing" incident.

Either the SE had not been professional enough to update herself with recent OMV or the AD has not been updating their SE with the current information.

 

Like I said, this could be an isolated case but my message is for future buyers to exercise their due diligence to ensure that min. OMV is stated in black and white to avoid such incident from happening to them.

 

And as for me, like most have stated, treat this as a valuable lesson learnt and move on. [laugh][sunny]

Link to post
Share on other sites

i guess we just have different view points.

 

but if you had did your research den you must have believed you had not been taken for a ride and past records has showed that it is true (you said you done your research).

 

So y are you feeling sore about it? I duno what car you bought but i think for most AD, cars have to wait for at least a month or 2 which means that the car is not physically in SG at your point of purchase and since it is not in the country yet how can they give you a accurate price? What they gave you was past records with your own research shows is justified that they quote you 21k.

 

Experience? what experience? that you got a lower OMV than quoted? that you might have been cheated.

 

I read in the post that the 21k is from jan'06.

1) but what did your research shows? that overall is 21k thereabouts?

2) if in doubt, y din u ask?

Edited by Galantspeedz
Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

[laugh][laugh]

 

In fact, I've already stopped feeling sore... it's a good lesson learnt and I hope others can learn from my mistakes. [sweatdrop]

 

For your persistent solution, I seriously doubt it'll work because the COE was bidded under your name. The AD/PI are merely your agent to bid for the COE. Hence you'll still need to pay them the COE in full if you delay the registering process.

 

However, I could be wrong, so please advise if I am.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie
Bro..

 

I think you should just chalk it up as learning experience and move on. I think life is about experience and learning from mistakes. Enjoy your new car man.

 

You betcha.

Good lesson learnt, moving on and hope others can learn thru my experience.

 

"It's cheaper to learn from others' mistake." [laugh][laugh]

Link to post
Share on other sites

And the profit margin is not really accurate because they have staff overheads, facilities management (their big beautiful showrooms), management pay package and other miscellaneous stuff such as 1 yr road tax (packaged in the price), radio license and sometimes the odd insurance rebate.

 

Pls dont get me wrong, they sure have all kinds of overhead and I'm totally fine with that. I will in fact pay more for better service agents.

What I meant was it's just not right to promise an inflated OMV! [:p] A drop of 5% in OMV is totally fine but in this case it's ard 10%!!!! [shocked]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it right for the dealer to refuse to sell you the car at the agreed price if the OMV were to increase by 2k?

 

Hi Silver, I can fully understand your point and that's why I said it really depends what's on the agreement. I will certainly not demand anything if there's no black & white.

Link to post
Share on other sites

02 Jan 07:

After booking, checked with SE again on my OMV, and was informed that it's 19K.

Reason cited by SE, was the fluctuation of forex rate between EUR-SIN.

She took reference of OMV of a Jan 06-registered car, which was indeed 21K.

 

This is exactly what I thought have happened!!!! Why on earth an Jan 06 OMV was quoted when the booking was made in Dec06!!! We need no genius to explain why! [laugh]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

For my case, since there's no black and white. It'll be my words against the SE's.

I don't wanna make things ugly hence probably I'll just ask my SE if some form of freebies can be given.

Else I guess it's just my luck and let the matter rest.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you're missing my point.

So your statement about being LL if they quote 19K is not valid, as I might not have signed on the dotted line if I was being informed about it.

 

I totally agree with u on this! Part of our decision was based on the OMV quoted and the 10% fluctuation in your case was just too much!

Edited by Vino
Link to post
Share on other sites

mine is worse right? i was quoted ard 16k, ended up to be 13.9k.

percentage, 14% drop.

+/- 1k ok lar.. 2k+ is sucky.

but i lived with it for the past 2 years alr..

 

urs is EUR/SGD.. alot of fluctuations recently... think they used a high rate for your conversion. [rifle]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I'm able to empathise your situation as I'm in the same shoe as you now.

Despite being frustrated initially, I guess what I could do is to enjoy my coming ride and move on [;)]

 

As for the fluctuation, I don't see a fluctuation of ~2.1% (pls refer my previous analysis http://www.mycarforum.com/forum/General_C1...95604-2#1697662 on the 1yr forex rate movement).

But the drop of OMV is >10%, so I don't see how it could be influenced by forex fluctuation.

 

Anyhow, after going thru this saga, I deduced that the SE had used Jan 06 OMV to quote me previously, but wasn't aware that the OMV is 2K lesser in Dec 06, and hence the wrong information communicated to me.

In such case, I think the AD should take some effort to educate their SEs esp. when there's OMV fluctuation, to avoid misunderstanding.

Edited by Kokanadan
↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...