Wax over Quick Detailing

Scrambyjess

Advisable to wax after QD? After washing my car, I apply QD over the car to get ensure clean and smooth surface, wonder if a layer of wax over the surface can bond perfectly with the previous layer of QD.

Im on 425 for the QD.

↡ Advertisement

Hi I could't post a new thread so I dont know where to start off my questions at. Sorry.

My dad's birthday is coming soon and I hope to do something for him. Due to his shipping industry his car tends to have invisible sand stuck on to his car. On the car paint and even the windscreen. Feels like an used sand paper. This is his second car and the same problem still exist so I guess its due to his working condition. Can anyone recommend me solutions to wash or polish off those bumps on the paint and windscreen?

Is there any tips for car and maintainence for the car keeping in view of his working conditions? And is there any chemicals to remove the black stain on his car rims too? My car have problems too. Whenever I wash the car it would appear to be sparkling clean. But when i dry it faint marks would appear. It gets to my nerves and I dont know how to remove them. Maybe its due to staining. My dad says I did not wash off the soap off completely. Any help on this? I'm still a student and washes both cars over the weakend so a cheaper recommendation of shampoo would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

if you do do intend to rinse yr ride.QD will do the job but ensure that it is not too dirty.

Not problem layering wax over QD as wax will not bond to paint,is just another layer of protection on top.

Can anyone recommend me solutions to wash or polish off those bumps on the paint and windscreen?

If it is those blasting,a claybar will do the job.

1)Rinse car

2)wash with shampoo

3)Use claybar on surface,the shampoo will act as a lubricant for claybaring process.

4)Feel it whether is it still sandy.if yes,clay again.

Is there any tips for car and maintainence for the car keeping in view of his working conditions?

Cover the car

And is there any chemicals to remove the black stain on his car rims too?

Try metal polish or polish wax if it helps.

Whenever I wash the car it would appear to be sparkling clean. But when i dry it faint marks would appear. .

My guess is you hardly wax your car.Those are like water marks if I am not wrong

If you still can't solve the problem,popby the detailing session if you are free.We will see how we can help u

Hah I dont even polish or wax the car. All i do is wash wash wash. So by claybaring will it remove muddy sands which are impossible to remove with my fingernails? I've read some threads just now so can I assume carbaring is also known as polishing? Cause they said polishing is removing the dirt and waxing is adding protective layer. Any brand to recommend for both the clay bar? and the dirt removal on the rims?

Edited by Kaka23

claybar is the answer to ALL ur problem

soft99 green color claybar should be fine

buy from aut*ba*s

Edited by Friendstar

so do i have to polish the car after i claybar it? or just leave it on? where is the shop located at? im living in serangoon gardens.

autobacs is in bukit batok...

www.autobacs.com.sg

It's better to polish the car after claybar. Dun worry, dun have to polish often. But for ur father's car working condition, try at least once per month. After polish will need to apply sealant or wax.

So.... what you mean is I have to wash the car, claybar it, polish it and than apply sealant on it? I'll freakin die. How much will it cost if I pay for the services?

dunno leh...I DIY my car...

car shampoo - 45 minutes

claybar - 1 hour

Polish - 45 minutes

Sealant or wax - 45 minutes

car shampoo - any brand should do as long as you dun buy the 'wash and wax' type

claybar - soft99, I claybar with Meguiars Quik Detailer or Speed Detailer

Polish - I am using the Aut*glym SRP.

Wax - Meg*iars NXT Tech wax and with Meguiars Spray wax.

One important thing to note is the type of cloth you used for washing and detailing.

Microfibre Cloth or 100% cotton cloth is my choice. [:)]

Edited by Beei

Afternoon, I've read the previous thread that you should not wax the windscreen? So can I claybar the windscreen? If not, how do i remove the bumps on the winscreen? Any brands to recommend for polishing of windscreen?

And autobacks is in bukit timah. :S is there any other shops around, lets say near serangoon? Maybe NTCU?

Edited by Kaka23

Neutral Newbie

MDDS have clay-bars.

or

Reflection Werks located @ Singapore Warehouse, 110 Paya Lebar Rd #01-03/04

They have clay-bars too.

Neutral Newbie

Why not use something that has cleaners in it after the washing step, after all 425 has no cleaning agents in it.. Consider using something like FK1 #146 or Duragloss #921?

↡ Advertisement