Ko Chang

Ehonda

Neutral Newbie

Have anyone been to Ko Chang?

Like to find out more abt this island ...

like which area should i stay, any hotel to recommet, what to do there ..etc

Also how it compare to Ko Samui?

Tks in advance.. [bounce1][bounce2]

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Yes been there twice.

Been to Samui too.

IMHO, better than Samui. No horse run.

PM me with more details otherwise I can't answer yr qtns. Like travel period, how you intend to get there, yr budget etc.

eh brudder....

can pm some details like cost, best time to go there?

can the beach allow ppl to do fishing????

whahaha i need a good long break from this sickening place!!!!

can post some detail.. like what type of activties you do there, place to stay, etc..

me also want a good break from this $$-sucking place..

Supercharged

Bro Dynaway & Beei,

now is not a good time to go there. rainy season unless u got strong constitution. best time is late jan to early feb.

it is an island slated under nature conservation. good for beach bummers. btw, it shd be spelt as Koh Chang (elephant island).

nice beach, affordable food, jungle trekking, elephant trekking, waterfalls, snorkellg, fishing (sea fishing), scuba diving.

accommodation ranges fm hut (more for shoe-string farangs) to 5 stars resort. but, if u do go there, choose accommodation along white sands beach. do a search & I am sure u can find alot more details abt it.

i went there during peak & off-peak, so i can't share my costs as it is not true indication plus we drove fm bkk.

but both trip i nvr get to go for sea-fishing. i might make another trip again cos it is not everyday that u get to go for sea fishing & sotong fishing. plus i am sucker for their freshly BBQ sotong dip in fresh chillies sauce. the experience is really worth the sunburnt that i got laugh.gif

my next trip, i'm planning to check out Hua Hin. understand they got nice beach, seafood there too thumbsup.gif

Yup...... Hua Hin is a very nice place as much quieter than Koh Samui, Pattaya, Phuket etc.

More for those who wanted a quiet time. Furthermore, the King's palace is at Hua Hin too!

HI, do u know of any beach in thailand that has the kampong type of atmosphere?? been to Tioman and love that village type atmosphere and nature there..nod.gif 10 year old kid on motorbike, wild monkeys around thumbsup.gif

hi bro.

thanks for the great info...

u mention sea-fishing as in off-shore fishing???

does the island have any regulations against ppl fishing on the coastal shore jus like Malaysia????

Kampong type in MY I know....... you can try Kukup as they have both kampong & bungalow types............. and dirt cheap for their seafood! [thumbsup]

As for TH, you can try those quieter beaches like Koh Samet....... which are still not that commercialized.............yet [sunny]

Supercharged

Yes, I refer to sea-fishing.

No, regulations but the only place where u can fish is probably the jetty. Rest of the accessible island are beaches where u will catch more 2 legged mermaid & merman laugh.gif

Once I saw this thread, I knew you will be here, together with your BBQ Sotong [laugh]

Btw, white sand beach too crowded with farang lah, remember those resort huts we saw at fisherman wharf...those will be good for couple [lipsrsealed]

So, when wana go again? [laugh]

Supercharged

laugh.gif i tot u no time to surf MCF liao ...waiting for u to share yr experience

Dun suan me.. If u had tried the BBQ Sotong, u will remember it for life thumbsup.gif I tried it the first time then the last trip purposely go for snorkelling just to eat the yummy sotong ...

The resort huts lipsrsealed.gif Buddha View where u dangle yr legs is it... Yes, agree that is very good but with my 2 kids I worry for them... sekali makan half-way they drop into the water.

You shd try the hotel where I mentioned the last round, the 3 rooms on the beach where u will see sunrise & sunset. Next time, I will go back & book that place. But, Buddha View also not bad hor..

Going Hua Hin maybe Sept or Oct.

Maybe Koh Chang again in Nov. I really want to try night fishing.

Changmai in Dec.

Going Hua Hin maybe Sept or Oct. - oki, let me know early, dun last minute.

Maybe Koh Chang again in Nov. I really want to try night fishing. - timing a bit tough...going back sillypore end Nov for holiday. But will definitely want to go back Koh Chang again.

Changmai in Dec.- if as per what agreed, End Dec to Early Jan 08 and avoiding the traffic jam, I'm on [laugh]

I was at Hua Hin about 6 years ago and didnt find any nice beaches there. It was quiet and peaceful then without any Singaporeans. No direct flight and have to get a coach to drive us there.

Best of all, as most of the resorts are actually for locals thus pricing was very attractive and affordable. thumbsup.gif

Still remember climbing some mountain in my slippers hur.gif the taxi driver was excellent, he basically was ours throughout our whole trip even though we didnt booked him.

Everytime in the city would meet him and he would send us back. laugh.gif

Sadly didnt enjoy my recent trip to Koh Samui, the boat ride to one of the island made me sick. And the snorkelling was scary cos the moment i jumped in, i was surrounded by jelly fish. Although the guide said they were harmless, but i didnt wanna risk thus get back up the boat soon.unimpressed.gif