Cons:

- Under powered?

- Poorer FC, reported btwn 10 to 13 km/l

Airwave 1.5

Pros:

- Sky roof (love it!)

- Excellent FC, reported > 14km/l

Cons:

- More expensive (range from 65k to 69k from diff PI)

- Gotta deal with PIs

Love the airwave, but the EX makes me excited. Comments?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

The airwave is a better 1.5litre ride. Fc is better and the sky roof is way cooler.

As for lancer 1.5, u r better off buying the 2.0litre gt model. Lancer 1.5 feels so.... stripped down. [rolleyes] Sunroof only available on the gt model, whereas u can get an skyroof airwave for less than 80k easily. [idea]

But, of course, for the looks, the lancer 1.5 is worth considering... somehow. Some say ugly. Some say chio. I find the sharky look a look worth looking at again and again. [:)]

Most importantly, test drive the lancer 1.5litre, before deciding anything.

Lancer EX can add sunroof also right? but cannot fight w the airwave sunroof lah, cover more than half the roof...

the airwave so ex meh? thought it was cheaper than that, hmmm think because of the price and look i'll go for the lancer. maybe u've to test drive first b4 u say whether it's underpower?

Try flagging down the Airwave taxis and see if you like riding in onelaugh.gif

Saw some orange colour ones on the road, operated by Prime Leasing.

Airwave pros:

- HUGE boot space, essentially a station wagon.

- Lots of poison to keep u excited abt your ride for some time, esp if you join the airwavers in their meetups (also a con as it means more $)

cons:

- stock car doesn't look as sporty as the Lancer EX (Sports), need to spend $ on bodykit, rims etc.

- car wash at some petrol kiosks charged $7 instead of $6 thinking its an MPV

The front of lancer reminds me of galant, I dun really like the rear design, no comments on airwave

Anyway, its up to you to decide what you want. Get urself a test drive, end of the day u r the one driving it so no point u dun like but we like [laugh]

I will choose Airwave!!!

The sky roof/ moon roof really nice! When driving at night ( esp during raining), you can see the rain hitting the roof. Very romantic feeling. haha...

I agreed with you, deal with PI will be a problem for someone. Need to find a reliable PI.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for all the comment.

Test drove the lancer ex last night, the noise is really a turn off (for some, might be a turn on). The engine, like the body of the car, sounds damn fierce. But when mated with the smooth CVT, just does not match loh. I am not really looking for a "fast" car, and I wud have been much happier if the engines sounds like what it should be, a 1.5l cvt.

As for the airwave, only manage to test drive a 1 year old resale one. No excitement, no complains too, just good old fashion Japanese car feel. Space and sky roof is really +++, not to mention the excellent FC.

Guess I gotta take a bit of risk and go thru PI.

Great choice.

Make sure everything is written down in black and white when you make deal with the PI of your choice. It should be a smooth process if you go through the bigger players.