COE Mercedes - Reliable?

Howfastcanyougo

Any MCFers here have any experience with 10years old or more Mercs? In your opinion, are they reliable? Of course I'm not expecting it to drive or operate like brand-new, but are they worth getting? Also, on average, how much do you spend on servicing and maintenance? Thanks in advance. [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

Reliable or not depend on your luck. Some are well maintaion but most important things you must remember, with the fuel prices keep going up, the fuel consumption of old mercedes is [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop] . Unless you have that extra cash in hand.

Not really just for the 3 spokes la. I'm not a huge fan of Mercs per se, but I've been wanting to get a hard-top convertible for my wife, just not that keen on brand-new cos knowing her, she'll change her mind in 2 to 3 years time. And the depreciation for brand-new continental cabs is just too much for me.. [sweatdrop]

So just to make her happy, I thought why not get a COE Merc 200 SLK, depreciation not so bad. Just wondering about the maintenance and reliability issues...

I'm not refering to fast or not. It's the weight which will contribute to the high FC, since u mention about maintainence. As for reliable issues u should take note of its electronics.

Boh pian le, for this kind of price, can't expect too much... [lipsrsealed]

It's just to satisfy the CO's desire for a cabrio, which I'm quite sure will wane in a few years' time. It's either this or shell out $100k plus for a Megane CC or Opel Astra Twintop, and lose $30k in 2 years. [crazy]

Any MCFers here have any experience with 10years old or more Mercs? In your opinion, are they reliable? Of course I'm not expecting it to drive or operate like brand-new, but are they worth getting? Also, on average, how much do you spend on servicing and maintenance? Thanks in advance. [thumbsup]

the older mercs are actually better made than the current ones, that's what i heard from frens/frens' father who are driving mercs.

my friend used to drive a 96 merc E class until scrap. he's driving the newer E class now.

according to him its very reliable and maint is actually quite ok as many workshops are competence in mercedes

↡ Advertisement