New (Nameless) Movie 01-18-2008: Cloverfield, Slusho, Parasite, Overnight

Cthulhu

Hi guys,

I'm introducing to you guys a new Paramount Monster movie slated to be released on the 18th of January. As of now, the movie is still not named yet! [sweatdrop] It's being "marketed" on the www by the names "Cloverfield", "Slusho", "01-18-08" etc via a concept called viral marketing. It basically spreads through rumors & hypes like this one I'm creating now! [:p] Disclamer: I've nothing to do with the movie, just a movie fan! [:)]

If you were one of those few who watched Transformers when it was just released, you'd be able to catch a glimpse of a nameless movie's trailer. It shows people having a farewell party in New York & then disrupted by explosions on the horizon. The next thing you hear are people sreaming & commenting things like "It's Huge", "It's Alive". Then, there's a roar & a few secs later, you see the head of the Statue of Liberty flying across the city! Then it ends with credits, with JJ Abrams being the producer (Lost, Alias etc)

You can catch the trailer here...

Oddly, the "official" websites to the movies are...

http://www.1-18-08.com/ Note: You can flip the photos to see msgs behind

http://slusho.jp/ Note: This is a jap drink website that supposedly contains hints on what the movie is about.

Here are other rumor sites...

http://www.1-18-08news.com/

http://1-18-08.blogspot.com

http://cloverfieldclues.blogspot.com/

I think it's interesting cuz hey... it's not everyday you get to see the head of the Statue of Liberty get ripped off & thrown across New York.

Pls don't flame me. I'm merely sharing my interest. I'd luv to hear your comments but pls PLEASE don't put up non-constructive discussions.

Thanx for reading! [thumbsup]

rgds,

Cthulhu

cloverfield-1-1024.jpg

Edited by Cthulhu
↡ Advertisement

yeah saw the trailer at the movies, looks pretty cool, at first i thought it was some kind of advert... will be looking out for the movie thumbsup.gif

[thumbsup] it's cool alrite!

I think the last time they had a hype like this was the original GhostBuster movie...

I don't know how old you are but do you remember how they marketted GhostBusters? A couple of months before the movie was revealed, they posted posters of the GhostBusters Sign. Nobody knew what the silly sign meant until they revealed the movie... [laugh]

yeah looks pretty interesting.one bro already posted a thread on dis movie trailer.itink even if it's not gd...a lot of ppl will wanna go n watch jus bcos of de mystery surrounding dis movie.jus like de trailers of war of de worlds when it 1st came on. [thumbsup]

It definitely not a Zilla movie...

JJ Abrams said in a convention:

"And I thought, we need out own monster, like we need a monster movie

And I thought not like King Kong. I love King Kong. King Kong is adorable.

And Godzilla is a charming monster. We love Godzilla

But I wanted something that was just insane, and intense."

alto of speculation on this movie..make alot guess what issit..indeed the marketing is good ...alot websites are made for this movie in the guessing of what actually the creative or thing is [sweatdrop]

It would make me one happy happy happy man if the monster turns out to be CTHULHU or anything from the Cthulhu/Lovecraft Mythos! Hahahaha!!!

i saw 1 clip b4..the guy saying "its a lion" but some say Its alive...got discussion on this..lolz...and what monster can shoot fire balls one? [rolleyes] cthulhu look like wierd to me... [laugh] si bei ugly [laugh]

Chances are slim for Cthulhu but one can only hope... Hahaha! In the mythos, Cthulhu is supposed to rise from the sea & destroy mankind, just like in Cloverfield!

You are rite, the fireballs make me ponder on what kinda monster this can be? Really strange!!!

Lion eh??? I'll KILL MYSELF if this movie turns out to be Voltron like some kids were hoping for!!!

Voltron out in 2009...but Voltron is good one ma..why destory mankind...also very eager to wait and see this movie...but the technique of shooting is like last time got a movie call Blair Witch issit??see liao headache kind [laugh]

Wah! Voltron out in 2009. I didn't know that. U must be quite a movie fan eh?

And yeah, it tells the story from a camcorder but it's definitely not jerky like Blair Witch.

ok guys, just an update here...

whoever's watching the upcoming Beowulf movie next week will be able to see the second Cloverfield trailer AND the movie's actual name! [:/]

yeah saw the trailer at the movies, looks pretty cool, at first i thought it was some kind of advert... will be looking out for the movie thumbsup.gif

Well at least its a monster flick (like Godzilla) thats confirmed by Paramount....

but its not I am Legend starring Will smith.... which has similar setting....

yo man

the min u get any info on this movie, plss let us know man..

haha.. some pple sayin its power rangers!! hahaha

but the marketing is good sia.. hahaha

↡ Advertisement