Jump to content

Car servicing - every 5000km??


Tangcy
 Share

Recommended Posts

Neutral Newbie

Do you guy send your car for servicing every 5000km? I am using synthetic oil and was told it can last 10000km b4 next chg is needed. Is that true?

 

thks.

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well.. it depends on individual.

 

I normally go for servicing at 10k, but if my engine oil are black or I feel that the car is lacking of power, I'll bring forward the servicing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

A lot depends on hoe hard you push your car....

My manual told me to change every 10,000km but fellow AR156 owners change at 5,000km.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

I make it a point to change my oil filter every 5000kms

Afterall, i got left over engine oil from the bottle, so topup the balance during the 5000kms oil filter change.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I change my engine oil every 10,000km or every 10-11 months.

 

Borneo Motors (or any workshops) will tell you to change every 10,000km or 6 mths, whichever comes first.

 

I have been doing this in my present new car (Corolla), and my last old car (Vitara) for 6 years, no problem at all. What is important is you check under your bonnet every week. If the engine oil or battery water needs topping up, then please do so.

 

Black or brownish engine oil does not mean it is not doing it's work anymore. In fact, it means that it is doing a good job in cleaning up your engine deposits.

 

You better start worrying if your engine oil is still golden after 5,000km.

Link to post
Share on other sites

10000km will be a good time to change your synthetic oil, unless you're driving a highly compression engine like TC cars than it'll be better to change at 5000km wink.gif

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...