GPS tracking with GSM function

Noelleon69

Anyone knows of such device in the market where it works like a GSM alarm except that it doesn't have the alarm functions. Meaning to say it doesn't come bundled with an alarm system, but tap to whatever current alarm system you already have. So when your car is broken into and the alarm is triggered, the module will sms the owner to notify.

Thereafter, the owner can use sms to track where the car is etc... just like a GPS tracker. Can also use sms commands like stop the car engine, lock/unlock car etc.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Anyone knows of such device in the market where it works like a GSM alarm except that it doesn't have the alarm functions. Meaning to say it doesn't come bundled with an alarm system, but tap to whatever current alarm system you already have. So when your car is broken into and the alarm is triggered, the module will sms the owner to notify.

Thereafter, the owner can use sms to track where the car is etc... just like a GPS tracker. Can also use sms commands like stop the car engine, lock/unlock car etc.

The following GPS tracker can be configure to tap to whatever current alarm system you already have. So when your car is broken into and the alarm is triggered, the module will sms the owner to notify him.

Up to 3 Handphone can be notify at the same time

See this page

http://www.itrack.com.sg/additional-features/

post-32981-1248788327_thumb.jpg

"Can also use sms commands like stop the car engine, lock/unlock car etc."

>> Yes but we do not recommend to stop car engine because it can be very dangerous if car suddenly lost power, we normally do something else to stop the driver from driving. <_<

SMS lock/unlock car etc. Yes this can be done.

You can even off the headlight or on the hazard light or off the aircon.

Cheers

Thanks! This sounds not bad... actually I don't think stopping the engine would be too much of a danger.

Assuming you disable the engine as soon as you receive the sms of the unauthorised engine start/car alarm trigger. The car wouldn't have gone too far and too fast from where you parked. Considering Singapore is full of traffic lights :)

Any idea what's the price?

1st Gear

I think i have a mini personal GPS GSM tracker i never use.

Magnet mount capability.

Pm if interested.

For best car GPS vehicle tracking systems, I would suggest you to try AssetTrackr’s GPS Tracking Solution. They provide real-time GPS Tracking and you can track your vehicle from the web as well as smartphone. You can check current location, speed and if your
vehicle is parked or moving.

The features of AssetTrackr’s GPS Tracking Solution-

1. It can show real-time tracking of the car with 10seconds frequency.

2. In trip history you can get information such as kilometers traveled, stoppages, idling, engine time and average speed etc.

3. Using vehicle tracking system features like over speeding alert, trip start alert, route deviation alert and excessive stoppage alert.Monitor driver behavior and optimize fuel use and optimize the field workforce.

4. The anytime, anywhere access with user friendly app can show you updates with your vehicle movement in real time.

Edited by samantha1210
↡ Advertisement