Jump to content

Transfer fee


Eljay
 Share

Recommended Posts

Neutral Newbie

is there such thing as transfer fee when you buy a 2nd hand car? my sis bought a used car and had to pay transfer fee of 800plus for a used civic. thanks!

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

is there such thing as transfer fee when you buy a 2nd hand car? my sis bought a used car and had to pay transfer fee of 800plus for a used civic. thanks!

 

yes.....normal or rather standard practice in SG....buyer pay.....unless u make the seller agrees to include the transfer fees. :D

Edited by York
Link to post
Share on other sites

I paid $1300 then for my current car. Feel very sick in the stomach of these transfer fees.

 

Whats the rational behind the transfer fee. I can understand LTA for charging a fee for the admin work for the transfer, but tag it to car value, for like a few press of the keyboard?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I paid $1300 then for my current car. Feel very sick in the stomach of these transfer fees.

 

Whats the rational behind the transfer fee. I can understand LTA for charging a fee for the admin work for the transfer, but tag it to car value, for like a few press of the keyboard?

Ah gong take your $ must give reason one meh [:p]

Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

Ah gong take your $ must give reason one meh [:p]

+1 to this. Even if they try to explain the rationale behind it, most of the explanations make no sense to people with common sense.

 

There're still plenty of indirect taxes we need to pay on this island such as radio license, tv license, etc

 

I just dun get it why only motorist needs to pay radio license while those using walkman, selfphone, ipod to listen to radio do not need to pay. Doesn't make a damn sense to me. <_<

Edited by Ky13
Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

thanks guys.. means plus admin fee for the purchase of the 2nd hand car its gonna be ard 1.3k for a used civic.. definitely quite a substantial amt

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Can I check with u the amount is fixed or according to car type as I bought a Lancer Ex 1.5A the transfer fee was $600 as what your all mention $1300 quite different apart

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I check with u the amount is fixed or according to car type as I bought a Lancer Ex 1.5A the transfer fee was $600 as what your all mention $1300 quite different apart

 

Its a percentage of car value base on OMV.

 

More expensive car-> Higher transfer fee

Older car (base on reg date)-> Lower Transfer fee.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 to this. Even if they try to explain the rationale behind it, most of the explanations make no sense to people with common sense.

 

There're still plenty of indirect taxes we need to pay on this island such as radio license, tv license, etc

 

I just dun get it why only motorist needs to pay radio license while those using walkman, selfphone, ipod to listen to radio do not need to pay. Doesn't make a damn sense to me. <_<

 

Motorist need register, so can easily track. People that buy walkman no need register, so not so easy to get the money meh.

 

But if you hard hard come, & take out the head unit & say you don't listen to radio, I think you can don't pay.

 

But at least the radio fee is somewhat reasonable priced, the transfer fee, I just can't understand.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Something like that, macham stamp duty

 

pay the person to ctrl+c and ctrl+v the name and click save..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Motorist need register, so can easily track. People that buy walkman no need register, so not so easy to get the money meh.

 

But if you hard hard come, & take out the head unit & say you don't listen to radio, I think you can don't pay.

 

But at least the radio fee is somewhat reasonable priced, the transfer fee, I just can't understand.

 

that's seriously what my mum did cause she cannot be distracted while driving. was sent warning letter and that they will come down to check if she has a radio, she reply "come lor". they never came

Link to post
Share on other sites

I paid $1300 then for my current car. Feel very sick in the stomach of these transfer fees.

 

Whats the rational behind the transfer fee. I can understand LTA for charging a fee for the admin work for the transfer, but tag it to car value, for like a few press of the keyboard?

 

 

haha i felt super sick too.. paid nearly 2k for transfer fee... cant see why need to pay 2k on a depreciating 'asset'.. LTA is good.

Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

haha i felt super sick too.. paid nearly 2k for transfer fee... cant see why need to pay 2k on a depreciating 'asset'.. LTA is good.

 

 

2k to change name of owner.

 

Its actually quite tough.

 

You have to the remove the current owner by clicking del or backspace. Imagine those with very long name. It can add up to 10 sec.

 

Then imagine have to enter the name of new owner, thats like anything from 10-30 (give or take) amount of keys that need to press.

 

After that still not finish. Have to press the enter key & wait for the approval sceen. And that could take a while, like 5 sec!

 

Then the hardest part. They have to print out the document, & leave their seat to the printer, which could be as far as 15 metres away. Put in in a envelope & send to you.

 

Could you think of other tougher job to do. I can't think of many to be frank, can you?

Edited by Kiadaw
↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...