Jan 2019 Transfer Window......

Akula

The January 2019 transfer window is open.

Which players will be on the move?

Which club will take a gamble? Which club will make that astute signing that will propel them to greater heights?

All discussions/rumors/coffeeshop talk welcome.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

West Ham have signed free agent Samir Nasri until the end of the 2018-19 campaign with the French midfielder having completed an 18-month doping ban

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Liverpool striker Dominic Solanke has sealed his loan move to Crystal Palace.

January looks like loan deals more, perhaps the major transfer will surfaced towards the end of the window.

Lots of rumours built nothing concrete so wont contribute for now.

Christian Pulisic to Chelsea, Pool or Arsenal is classic example as different sources saying different clubs n even the same source can report different destination 24 hrs later

• Praise 4

Lots of rumours built nothing concrete so wont contribute for now.

Christian Pulisic to Chelsea, Pool or Arsenal is classic example as different sources saying different clubs n even the same source can report different destination 24 hrs later

• Praise 1

Pulisic is an exciting young talent but will he immediately improve chelsea and arsenal? he needs time to be groomed and the question is whether these clubs will spend big in order to gamble on his raw talents.. while they are chasing immediate stability..

for the record, Pool was indeed interested in him a couple of seasons back and is now no longer interested at all. now, media is just drumming the lelong party to include Pool, likely just to spice things up.

In the recent Ballon d’or young player of the year award (Kopa trophy) Pulisic was runner up behind the winner Mbappe so he is a real talent but yes whether he will improve a top 6 EPL club is a ?

He is unlikely to get into first X1 at Pool given that Mane n Salah are well below 30. Arsenal don’t really play with wide players so I’m not sure if he will be useful there. Chelsea wide players Pedro n Willian are in their 30s n with future of Hazard not certain, think best for him to go there n rest is up to him to work hard.

Sarri mentioned that the intensity of the EPL is the killer. Amount of running more or less same vs Serie A but the running at pace for quite a no. of times per game is much higher than other European Leagues so Pulisic like all other foreign players to EPL has to adjust to this n still produce his quality.

• Praise 3

We need a defender

In the recent Ballon dâor young player of the year award (Kopa trophy) Pulisic was runner up behind the winner Mbappe so he is a real talent but yes whether he will improve a top 6 EPL club is a ?

He is unlikely to get into first X1 at Pool given that Mane n Salah are well below 30. Arsenal donât really play with wide players so Iâm not sure if he will be useful there. Chelsea wide players Pedro n Willian are in their 30s n with future of Hazard not certain, think best for him to go there n rest is up to him to work hard.

Sarri mentioned that the intensity of the EPL is the killer. Amount of running more or less same vs Serie A but the running at pace for quite a no. of times per game is much higher than other European Leagues so Pulisic like all other foreign players to EPL has to adjust to this n still produce his quality.

Arsenal wants to play wide but problem is we don't have any except for iwobi which is more or less a regular now

Pulisic is an exciting young talent but will he immediately improve chelsea and arsenal? he needs time to be groomed and the question is whether these clubs will spend big in order to gamble on his raw talents.. while they are chasing immediate stability..

for the record, Pool was indeed interested in him a couple of seasons back and is now no longer interested at all. now, media is just drumming the lelong party to include Pool, likely just to spice things up.

Tia gong Pool going after Fekir again. That's why Pulisic news is now all about Chelsea
  • Praise 3

Tia Gong pool go after German Timo something

Ya Timo Werner but there r 2 camps on this player. He can be quite prolific at times but can also look ordinary in certain games. Klopp shld know him well being in Bundesliga before. Personally I think not a must have for Pool.

• Praise 3

Tia gong Pool going after Fekir again. That's why Pulisic news is now all about Chelsea

Personally I think Fekir is a good replacement for Coutinho whom Pool has nvr really replaced but then again with the form they are in, is there a need to replace him? His only ? was his injury record but he didn’t breakdown at the WC nor in Ligue this season so he shld have overcome this?

• Praise 4

We need a defender

Arsenal wants to play wide but problem is we don't have any except for iwobi which is more or less a regular now

Actually I thought Gunners signing of Sokratis n Konstantinos plus back up in Lichtsteiner n the emergence of Holding would be more than sufficient but then Holding got injured, Lichtsteiner looked his age n Sokratis had a horror match v Liverpool n again the soft centre accusation re-surfaced. Maybe u r right another defender would be welcome but I won’t just sign anyone but a quality one like Mat Hummels but he on the wrong side of 30.

Yes, Arsenal don’t really have a wide player so Pulisic could be a good signing for them but Mkhitaryan, Ozil n perhaps even Lacazette might have less playing time if he comes but of course those 3 are not wide players. BTW, Maitland Niles seems a good prospect but need more appearances n experience to confirm this.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged
(edited)

Pulisic confirmed joining chelsea. But loaned back to dortmund til end of season

£58million is the reported fee

Liverpool striker Dominic Solanke has sealed his loan move to Crystal Palace.

January looks like loan deals more, perhaps the major transfer will surfaced towards the end of the window.

Could be another twist, a report emerging he might be heading to Germany Edited by Akula

Actually I thought Gunners signing of Sokratis n Konstantinos plus back up in Lichtsteiner n the emergence of Holding would be more than sufficient but then Holding got injured, Lichtsteiner looked his age n Sokratis had a horror match v Liverpool n again the soft centre accusation re-surfaced. Maybe u r right another defender would be welcome but I wonât just sign anyone but a quality one like Mat Hummels but he on the wrong side of 30.

Yes, Arsenal donât really have a wide player so Pulisic could be a good signing for them but Mkhitaryan, Ozil n perhaps even Lacazette might have less playing time if he comes but of course those 3 are not wide players. BTW, Maitland Niles seems a good prospect but need more appearances n experience to confirm this.

Lich and sokratis is definitely a stop gap

We should see 1 or 2 more defenders coming in next pre season...

Holding is a sad case... always rated him

Chelsea signed pulisic lol

I believe we will try to offload miki and ozil for wingers

Sadly we still need many changes

AMN is a cool headed boy but he has 1 disadvantage, he can play a couple of positions but master of none

Actually I won't mind fab for 1-2 seasons to replace Ramsey

• Praise 1

£58million is the reported fee

Could be another twist, a report emerging he might be heading to Germany

That's a lot of money, for someone who isn't starting regularly. but i guess the market continues to be inflated, for those that enjoy some hype.

wonder whether he'll blossom into a genuine world class player, or will be another waste of money...

• Praise 1

Ya Timo Werner but there r 2 camps on this player. He can be quite prolific at times but can also look ordinary in certain games. Klopp shld know him well being in Bundesliga before. Personally I think not a must have for Pool.

granted I only saw snippets of Timo, I feel he is somewhat similar to Higuain. Not super fast, not super skillful, nothing fantastic .........

BUT, its like they have extra eyes on their head. They seem to know where the goalmouth is. This is a very VALUABLE trait to have

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 3