When selling car

Jojo1

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

I had entered a deal to sell my car to a dealer. He had paid me the deposit for my car. So tml I am officially passing the car over to him...

Just wanna safeguard myself from anything.

When should I stop the date for my insurance? He said he will do all the de-registering at LTA but I am somehow not comfortable since I want to see everything...

wad shd I lookout for to ensure this deal went thru smoothly n this dealer will not have any chance to CHU PATTERN!

↡ Advertisement

Best to to verify with your insurance company that you are no longer the owner & the offset from the insurance is send directly to you, not your dealer or something.

Neutral Newbie

Ok, what is inked on the sales agreement is 26th July, 11am as the date and time of delivery but I am passing to him tml instead and heading tgt to LTA.

Will there be an issue?

if you have the sales agreement receipt stated clearly between the car dealer and you, you don't have to worry much.

just make sure that the cheque given to you had successfully transferred the $ to your bank account, thereon you have nothing to worry of.

as for the car insurance, just give your insurer a friendly call and inform them about the cancellation.

thereafter, you will receive letter+cheque(outstanding amount) from your insurer.

(edited)

make sure the dealer gif u a signed 'hand over' 'acknowledgement' clearly stating the date & time of handover. cos u dun wan bank/cops coming after u after u've handed over car..

& of course clear the cheque asap to make sure no hanky panky

Edited by Mrbms

Neutral Newbie

prob i just wanna be extra safe and careful...

so i taking cash instead... he needs my IC to go down to LTA to de-register... will I get a black n white copy? or best, follow him there n get my remaining cash back

Ok, what is inked on the sales agreement is 26th July, 11am as the date and time of delivery but I am passing to him tml instead and heading tgt to LTA.

Will there be an issue?

ehhhhh...

by the way, if the sales agreement is 26th July, then you shouldn't hand over your car to him tomorrow!

if tomorrow, change the date to 24th July, including the time!

this is to ensure that all traffic offences are not done by you thereafter!

this is very important!

Neutral Newbie

ehhhhh...

by the way, if the sales agreement is 26th July, then you shouldn't hand over your car to him tomorrow!

this is very important!

ok noted... then I tml die die will ask him to change the time n date...

prob i just wanna be extra safe and careful...

so i taking cash instead... he needs my IC to go down to LTA to de-register... will I get a black n white copy? or best, follow him there n get my remaining cash back

yes. there should be a receipt stating that you had given him your IC for car de-registration.

if you are so GAN JIONG, then you follow him to LTA lo. Hehe.~

Neutral Newbie

yes. there should be a receipt stating that you had given him your IC for car de-registration.

if you are so GAN JIONG, then you follow him to LTA lo. Hehe.~

receipt that i give him my IC?? care to elaborate?

coz he only say taking my IC tml to go LTA... IC in strangers' hand feel EXTREMELY unsafe!

coz he only say taking my IC tml to go LTA... IC in strangers' hand feel EXTREMELY unsafe!

yes. there will be a receipt stating that your IC is given to them for car de-registration, from when to when.

don't GAN JIONG, it is a norm.

the reason is when you need to show your IC in any event, you just need to show the receipt.

again, Maiiii Gan Jiong. Hahahahaha.~

ehhhhh...

this is very important!

I agree with Ladykillerz. Please have the dates amended... As for your insurance wise, you can inform them via email or call...

(edited)

I think call up the insruance to tell them to cancel the policy tomorrow.

If possible submit the hardcopy to the ins office too.

You can check LTA/Onemotoring logon using yoru singpass to check that the car is yours or not anymore.

Edited by SimonTan

Neutral Newbie

the reason is when you need to show your IC in any event, you just need to show the receipt.

again, Maiiii Gan Jiong. Hahahahaha.~

I never receive any receipt for wad IC purpose and is only from the mouth of the car dealer that he taking and go and return...

I dun mean to fantasize or what, just in case he use the IC to do other things to make matters worse... just my concern..

Neutral Newbie

I think call up the insruance to tell them to cancel the policy tomorrow.

If possible submit the hardcopy to the ins office too.

You can check LTA/Onemotoring logon using yoru singpass to check that the car is yours or not anymore.

I suppose ur hard copy means the letter of de-registration of car?

Funny how selling the car alone got so much worries.

But when it comes to buying a new car and trading in the old car, there is not much worries.

Maybe the joy of driving the new car overshadow the worries about handing over the old car to the dealer.

Neutral Newbie

Funny how selling the car alone got so much worries.

But when it comes to buying a new car and trading in the old car, there is not much worries.

Maybe the joy of driving the new car overshadow the worries about handing over the old car to the dealer.

well, is not worries... u have to safeguard yourself... mayb the world is full of frenly ppl to you... no offence

↡ Advertisement