Battery Voltage up & down

Marcostan

Hi,

Need some advice for my ride.

I had Blitz R-VIT i color installed in my ride (2007 Toyota Rav4).

Recently the battery voltage reading is funny :

Morning after cold start it read 13.9 volt. After traveled around 6-7km, when speed up the reading drop till 12.2 volt and

if slow down the voltage will go up till 14.3 volt. Stop in traffic light it will drop from 14.3 volt to 12.5 volt. Moving from

stand still the voltage will start to drop again till 12.2volt. If I restart the engine again the voltage will go back to normal

for a few km and all this will happy again.

If I turn on the low beam or headlight, all this will not happen and the voltage read at 13.9 volt very stable.

Any suggestion what is wrong? [hur] [hur] Battery just change 5 months ago by AA.

Thanks for any input.

↡ Advertisement

It's ok, mine is also like that. Just have to watch out once it dips below 12V.

And do you have any VS installed?

Hi,

Morning after cold start it read 13.9 volt. After traveled around 6-7km, when speed up the reading drop till 12.2 volt and

if slow down the voltage will go up till 14.3 volt. Stop in traffic light it will drop from 14.3 volt to 12.5 volt. Moving from

stand still the voltage will start to drop again till 12.2volt. If I restart the engine again the voltage will go back to normal

If I turn on the low beam or headlight, all this will not happen and the voltage read at 13.9 volt very stable.

Any suggestion what is wrong? [hur] [hur] Battery just change 5 months ago by AA.

Thanks for any input.

Hi,

Thanks for any input.

is there any diff from previous? what you describe sounds pretty common.

Hi,

Thanks for any input.

Mercy-mercy. Do focus on driving safely. Do not keep watching the voltage variations. Many thanks.

Good-Carbuyer,

I think it is not common, do notice the voltage is dropping during speed up and increasing during slow down.

It shall be the other way right?

Tigershark1976,

Dun worry, I'm a very safe driver, never involved in any kind of accident for the pass 20 years.

My Blitz's LCD is very big and the reading is almost 1cm font size. :D

Since you have Blitz R vit, why don't you try to remove the stuffs that you installed and see if you noticed anything different. Most probably you would find that those stuffs don't really contribute much, if not nothing at all.

Jchuacl,

Morning, thanks for your reply.

No I do not have any VS but I do have Pivot Spark Earth and Sprint Booster. [furious]

Good-Carbuyer,

I think it is not common, do notice the voltage is dropping during speed up and increasing during slow down.

It shall be the other way right?

Any reverse polarity issue? Do not focus on reading the voltages. Please focus on driving safely. Many thanks

Hi,

Today went to workshop, they using their meter to measure and confirm my meter is 100% okay.

They also suspect something wrong with the GENERATOR. One of the mechanic just using a wooden

hammer to knock the generator a few time. But the reading still abnormal but a little better. Instead

12.2 volt it become 13.0 volt.

So, as advice by the workshop, the only way is to change a generator and see whether the problem is

caused by GENERATOR. I decided to go back next Monday to leave my ride with the workshop.

To my surprise, after I leave the workshop, I drove more than 80km today and the voltage reading is

very very stable. I think they knocked the generator and it really fix SOMETHING.

I believe I need not go back to workshop on Monday. Hope this will not happen again.

Thank you for all the input. [scholar] [scholar]

Since you are driving Toyota post-2002 model, the Denso alternator has VARIABLE LOAD RESPONSE function built-in.

I gather from what I read is that the vehicle alternator voltage supply and charging cycle is determined by engine load, rpm, speed and battery current sensor feedback through the main ecu.

It is part of Toyota design engineering to get better fuel economy for *** star ratings.

That is why it is not advisable to anyhow install earthing wires just because shop sells them to you. It skewers the signal sent back to ecu which determines alternator action.

Reason why PIVOT after being complained about failing batteries, erratic charging and poorer car performance that they had to release a product notice pivot earthing problem

Hope this helps explain a little more.

Edited by Smhomie

Yr mech behave like my friend late grand aunty, she solve our family washing machine erratic rotation problem by kick fee times. It works :D

↡ Advertisement