Ecu remapping

Minikong

Nobody seems to talk about dynotechnica, any reviews about them? I just called them the other day and they told me reflash alone will set me back by $1100.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

i've heard abt dave from OBD Tuning...

reviews so far all quite good leh...

and it seems as if there are no disadvantages to doing an ECU remap...

firstly, warranty will not be voided...

fuel consumption will also be better...

HP will also increase...

based on these 3 reasons, isnt it a win win situation?

correct me if im wrong if u know any drawbacks pls ?

share share tks

Taken from VW Forum Dave, OBD Tuning

Better not use this OBD tuning....

So does ecu remapping helps in fuel efficiency and does it comes with warranty like the obd tuning?

Car faster sure use a bit more fuel,i am afraid no warranty,or even void the car's warranty.

Neutral Newbie

My friend is starting this ecu remap business soon.

He has a swiss guy who is working on the ecu remap program and has vast experiences on conti and jap cars.

The company will commence its operation this march/april

The ecu remap will come with warranty also.

Should you have any enquiries,you can pm me for more details! :)

Nobody seems to talk about dynotechnica, any reviews about them? I just called them the other day and they told me reflash alone will set me back by $1100.

many car tune by them, on paper v high hp, when test with another car, disappointing result.

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

To all bros and sis, who had sent their cars for ecu remap before, I would like to gather some feedbacks with regards to the pricing of the tuning and experience after tuning.

If possible, do PM me and tell me about it.

Thanks!

Hi,

To all bros and sis, who had sent their cars for ecu remap before, I would like to gather some feedbacks with regards to the pricing of the tuning and experience after tuning.

Thanks!

My 370z have remap at Driven S'pore with "UpRev" from the U.S.,not much power increase,costs $1000 with dyno.

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Thanks!

What car u driving?

Neutral Newbie

My 370z have remap at Driven S'pore with "UpRev" from the U.S.,not much power increase,costs $1000 with dyno.

Does it come with warranty should the ecu remap failed?

Does it come with warranty should the ecu remap failed?

What sort of warranty does swiss army knife provide? the cell maps inherently would prevent any engine damage even if program integrity is compromised. Only CEL or MIL would come on to show faults.

If its just reverting back to factory program kind of warranty, then its quite commonly given nowadays from most remap shops. Nothing spectacular.

Whats your edge? if any....

Agreed,my tuner 'lean' my car A/F ratio from 10.5:1 to 12.5:1,engine very noisy & rough,now tune 'richer' to 11.0:1,feels better.

Wow! that is very rich. Considering stoich values are 14.7:1

For that rich fuelling, I suppose you are tuning for best torque [confused]

Don't waste time... Ecu reset after 6mth

Thats because the tuner (generally in Singapore as well) do not bother to tune the STFT and LTFT [sweatdrop]

It is alot of work but it provides consistent performance day in, day out regardless of ambient temps [sly]

Extremely few people do this simply because why bother with it when they take advantage of customers' limited knowledge in ecu remapping. They won't know.... being shortchanged that is

You probably would have gotten the same power increase by using 100RON fuel.

Just get octane booster MMT in concentrated form. Use every refuel together with 98RON. In the end cheaper than your tune + better factory throttle response.

Your ignition timing and fuelling points totally different from USDM fairlady.

US fuel quality, altitude, relative humidity, ambient temps all totally different from asia :blink: how to use their maps exclusively [confused]

Don't let local 'tuners' get away with your hard earned money easily by their marketing pitch.

What do they know? Are they certified SAE members with automotive degree and with proven competency?

I have nothing good to say about local 'tuners' based on what I've seen so far. They talk alot.

Comments by other forums and drivers grow testimonial to this.

Wow! that is very rich. Considering stoich values are 14.7:1

For that rich fuelling, I suppose you are tuning for best torque [confused]

The standard A/F ratio that comes from factory is 10.5:1...so 11:1 already leaner a bit.