C180 owners! how's the reliability of your car?

Somebody

Upset?sorry iam not at the very least.hope this doesn't upset you.

No doubt Iam driving a jap car,I dont feel any inferior to those who drives a conti.

A person who has what it takes don't measure by the type of car others drive.

And people who drives a cheaper car doesn't mean he/she is poorer.

Some people use their wealth on other things like precious gems,rare diamonds,watches,properties,paintings..etc.some of these can cost much more then your best described conti car.

I can be sure you are very ignorant and you have a mindset of a young kid.or should I say mentality of security guards

Hope this thread can help you to grow an inch on your mentality.

If you or your family is driving a conti,I can be sure I can find a jap car owner to richer then u or your family.its best your swallow back your words and keep mum now or u can choose to apologize.

Lastly,I don't need to beg for sympathy.

Seems like you like to sing your own song.

Try harder next time.

save your breath bro. when he grow up and get more experience from the outside world and meet more capable and rich ppl outside his own world, he will understand. now talk until you vomit blood also no use.

↡ Advertisement

Don't think so leh bro. My parent's place security don't give s sh$t whether you driving a ferrari or other posh cars. They will not raise the barrier until you tell them the unit no. Haha.

it also depends on which combo. and how strict the security is to follow the proper procedures.

real world, of course, it will "help" for some building security as i believe most of the security guard is not up to that mark yet.

usually i will drive an ex car to new combo and commercial building for few times till the security recognise my face. after tat, whatever you drive they also smile smile to you and wave at you when you are out from the building.

ahhh... okok... use depreciation instead?

haha! was thinking of just using the monthly installment price for zero downpayment as a gauge.( even though intend to put downpayment)

base on monthly installments is not 100% accurate.

because the OMV & PARF value varies.

using annual depreciation is most accurate.

nice car isnt to boost ones confidence per se. its something for people to enjoy using the money they have worked hard for. so what if you drive a bugatti if you're fat and acne-filled no ones gonna take a look at you. only your car!

agree with u bro, when u can earn some money, u reward urself by getting a nice car or enjoy life, many towkays dont want buy nice car got 3 reason:

1st he stingy

2nd he just want to be humble and look more friendky to their staff

3rd he dont know how to appreciate life, enjoy life, dont know the diff between B&B car and nice car and dont know how to drive nice car

i know many towkays who only drive camry or estimaand other B&B car. got one time a towkay whom owned a camry see my prev E class and next few months i saw him driving the same model as mine

agree with u bro, when u can earn some money, u reward urself by getting a nice car or enjoy life, many towkays dont want buy nice car got 3 reason:

1st he stingy

2nd he just want to be humble and look more friendky to their staff

3rd he dont know how to appreciate life, enjoy life, dont know the diff between B&B car and nice car and dont know how to drive nice car

i know many towkays who only drive camry or estimaand other B&B car. got one time a towkay whom owned a camry see my prev E class and next few months i saw him driving the same model as mine

haha yar. my friend has 4 cars at home, 1 bentley, 1 6 series, 1 s class and a honda for the sibling who just pass license. sometimes she takes the honda out and i ask her why she doesnt take another car and all she tells me is that as long as can get to your destination and its comfortable enough, dont need to purposely reverse all the cars out of the way to take the nicest one out to show off.

so for anyone who thinks ppl with a jap car cant afford a conti car, think twice u never know what else they have at home... :)

I am collecting my c180 1.6 in 2 weeks time. Want to know in advance the fuel efficiency base on actual usage (and not from spec). Can you share this with me?

Any idea if the 1.6 can retune to give higher output, where and how much? Will this void the warranty?

Any suggestion for body kit? Thank u!

Bro totoro. Join sgmerc.com to get more resources on w204 or merc c-class.

1.6l not much option on the performance area but on the bling area there will be.

As for FC mine is about 10km/l. Peak hrs driving pattern from Upp serangoon to jurong east via lornie then PIE. On Ron-98.

haha yar. my friend has 4 cars at home, 1 bentley, 1 6 series, 1 s class and a honda for the sibling who just pass license. sometimes she takes the honda out and i ask her why she doesnt take another car and all she tells me is that as long as can get to your destination and its comfortable enough, dont need to purposely reverse all the cars out of the way to take the nicest one out to show off.

so for anyone who thinks ppl with a jap car cant afford a conti car, think twice u never know what else they have at home... :)

I didnt say jap car owner cant afford conti cars, i just said that those ppl who dont want to buy conti cars doesnt know how to appreciate nice cars

I am collecting my c180 1.6 in 2 weeks time. Want to know in advance the fuel efficiency base on actual usage (and not from spec). Can you share this with me?

Any idea if the 1.6 can retune to give higher output, where and how much? Will this void the warranty?

Any suggestion for body kit? Thank u!

Please lah, drive Merc and talk about FC .... go buy Hybrid car lah if FC is a big concern.

Want Mod, Dun Scare .... Want Scare Dun Mod .... Simple analogy....

U should have go with optionwhen signing on the dotted line .... nothing beat a "orginal" kit from the factory.

Neutral Newbie

Was at CnC few weeks ago, surpise that many merc owner loan 80%-90% as told by the sales manager. Seem like many buy without considering whether they can afford it or not.

Please lah, drive Merc and talk about FC .... go buy Hybrid car lah if FC is a big concern.

U should have go with optionwhen signing on the dotted line .... nothing beat a "orginal" kit from the factory.

what kindof a reply is that? you got money buy condo, then cannot buy inverter aircon? got money buy merc, then cannot pump in JB? got money buy LV bag, cannot eat $2 chicken rice?

btw contra to the popular belief, hybrids have crappy real world FC given the price premium you pay for them.

as for mercs, they are best kept stock (wheels/bodykit) if you intend to keep the car. mercs tend to have a good value when kept original for long periods. look at the old W124s. those with blinged rims and crappy bodykits usually do not fetch good value or has no demand. thats also because it is true original kits are of better quality and durability.

Edited by Detach8

One of my ex bosses whose family own one of the banks here and have loads of properties plus a villa for functions and get-togethers, actually drives a Honda Civic. And a hybrid one at that.

Its sad to be as shallow as those car ads which will have you believe your set of wheels define your character and personality.

yes that is of course true

fyi, not all ppl driving merz, BMW, Audi, etc are really rich ppl. This is the concept of the old mind.

FC is important for some, especially when the petrol price keep going up.

fyi, not all ppl driving merz, BMW, Audi, etc are really rich ppl. This is the concept of the old mind.

FC is important for some, especially when the petrol price keep going up.

Well, any 2.0L be it Jap, Korea or Conti will get around 10 km/l. If FC is a critical factor, than the person should not be looking at buying a 2.0 L car. Similarly if someone is buying a Merc and FC is a critical factor, the person should not be looking at the Merc but the person should consider other alternatives. The "assumption" is that if someone buy a Merc, he/she is assumed to be "rich" and FC should not be critical factor for consideration. Similar example ... if someone buy a big Bungalow and raise issue on ulitities bill... if ultities bill is a big factor, the person should look at other alternatives. And it does not matter if the person install "inventor" aircon as the person has the freedom of choice.

As for buying LV bags, eating chicken rice, taking 100% loan pump petrol in JB etc etc ..... it is about choice.